Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. IdananiYour feedback matters!
My friend was suffering with thyroid still long time and thyroid was stable,her hips and hips looking very faty can you tell me how can he decreased the fat on hips.
Hello, I am 24 years. I have diabetes from 2 years. If I get marry, does it spread to my wife and children.
Endocrinology deals with hormones, hormone systems and hormonal disorders. The organs that come under endocrinology are pituitary gland, adrenal glands, ovaries or testicles, thyroid gland and pancreas. These organs maintain the chemical balance of the body by secreting hormones which regulate all the body systems.
Diabetes is the name for a group of diseases which are characterized by abnormalities in the absorption of glucose and blood sugar levels.
Relation between the endocrine system and diabetes:
The hormone insulin is secreted by the pancreatic beta cells called the islets of Langerhans. It is a peptide hormone that metabolizes carbohydrates, proteins and fats, stimulates the conversion of glycogen or stored protein to usable glucose and also helps the body cells to absorb the glucose. The movement of ionized or free calcium (Ca2+) is also somewhat dependent on insulin.
Insulin is secreted from the pancreas in two phases - the first phase occurs when blood sugar level is high and need to be absorbed into the cells while the second phase is associated with a slower production not influenced by blood sugar.
Types of diabetes and how they are affected by the endocrine system
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus: This condition is caused by underproduction of insulin by the pancreatic beta cells. It is called 'insulin dependent diabetes mellitus' (IDDM), since it is directly influenced by the hormone.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: This type of the disorder is not directly dependent on insulin. It is usually caused by obesity and lack of physical exercise. The cells develop resistance to insulin and because of that blood sugar is not absorbed properly. This eventually leads to under-secretion of insulin.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: Pregnant women might develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes in the past. This occurs due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result is complications and miscarriage.
Sub-specialties of diabetic endocrinology
- Diabetic renal disease: The kidneys filter the blood. If there are chronically high levels of sugar in blood, hormones like erythropoietin (regulates production of red blood cells) and renin (regulates blood plasma and fluid content) are not produced. As a result, the kidneys' capacity is reduced and waste materials build up in blood.
- Diabetic vision problems: Insulin problems may cause the blood vessels supplying the retina (light sensitive eye tissue) to expand or contract. This causes blurry and distorted vision and pain in the eyes.
Hi I am 25 years old. I am suffering from hypothyroid. Tsh is 15 before 2 months now tsh is 5. Free t4 is normal 1.35. Tpo antibodies is 102. Actually one doctor said you havehashimoto thyroiditis. My problem is I have dry skin. But no wait gain in my body. Skin is shrinking on feet and hands. What can I do? Have any other tests can be do for this? Please support me.
A person who suffered from sugar, then how to manage his sugar level. And also told that if he want to eat sugar ,so can he do it ?
Is Uric acid 8.2 very dangerous? My dad is taking lasilactone and adalactone! Are they the reason for high uric acid?
Hello. My mother is 60 years old and she is having pain in her knees from past few days. We consulted the doctor and he suggested a sachet medicine named 'ezycart sachet . It has non vegetarian constituents as it has Red mark over the packet. Salt name is "Collagen Peptides" Can you please suggest me an alternative medicine / sachet with the same salt which is vegetarian . Also she is diabetic so please suggest something sugar free. (Like ezycart is sugar free)
I am 46 years old male n m a diabetic patient type 2 n taking gluconorm g2 forte n now hav been diagnosed wit lungs tb n taking tab akurit 4 n tab benadon 40 mg, so my question is will I b able to take ime-9 tab along wit diabetic medicine n tb medicine.
I am currently suffering from Hamerroids. It's itchy and from today minor blood stains observed. Please help. I'm Diabetes 2 patient.
I am 38 years old and have hb of 9.2% I am suffering from thyroid for which I take medicines regularly. When I was 12 years I had hb of 5% then after having 5 years of medical treatment doctors couldn't found the reason for anemia I went through all test but after bone marrow doctors told I had deficiency of b12, folate and iron, but why this deficiency occurred they couldn't found out. As my age increased my hb levels were restored when I was 28 my hb was 14% without any medicine now for the past 2 years it was between 10 to 11 % and now I have 9.2% I don't want to take alopathy medicine. You have any idea for homeopathy medicine which can increase my hb level to normalcy kindly help.
Sir, I am suffering from backache, diabetes, thyroid, hypertension and stones in right kidney. Is there any solution for my ailments.
I am a man of 50 yrs suffering from diabetes average range fasting 170 pp 240 after taken gluconorm sr 500 once a day long one year. What can I do?
Am 19 year old girl. My weight becom 89. Fat is main problem. I tested my sugar in empty stomach in morning. The level is lower than normal sugar. It is related to my weight.
I have thyroid issue and taking daily thyronorm 62.5 also I am taking bp and cholesterol medicines. I do not want to depend on medicines for my whole life and take this medicines, is there any way I can reduce this medicines or cure my health issues?
Hypothyroidism is an endocrine diosorder characterized by low levels of thyroid hormone in blood. It results in fall in metabolism & thus increased tendency to gain weight.
- Goitrogens (raw cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli) should be avoided.
- Regular exercise is a must.
I am 65 years having Diabetes and bp, about a wk checked sugar level which is fbs 148&ppb 217. I take glycomet GP 1 and insulin 18 mng and 28 point night. Bp under control Please advice me.
If you are concerned about diabetes and want to protect yourself from getting affected by the disease, there are several preventive steps you can take. These steps are simple and require some modifications in your daily life, activities, diet and overall lifestyle. Diabetes is a condition in which your blood-sugar level gets higher than normal and affects your health in several ways.
Here are some ways to protect yourself from diabetes:
- You should know about the different causes of diabetes by speaking with health professionals, diabetes patients and by doing some online research.
- You must put off the causes which you just cannot prevent and should abstain from aggravating them. These may include heredity and age-related causes. If diabetes runs in your family, there are high chances of you getting it as well. The chances are maximum when both your parents are diabetic.
- Increasing age is another likely factor for developing diabetes. This is because the functioning of all your body system gets disrupted and slowed down because of age. Major cases of diabetes commonly occur after the age of 49.
- Prevent the causes of diabetes which you can control. These include obesity, stress, high blood pressure and viral complications. Stress because of several factors such as physical injuries and emotional problems commonly cause diabetes in many people. Obesity and high blood pressure too are linked with the development of diabetes. Several viruses can settle in your system and lead to diabetes as well.
- For preventing diabetes, you should conquer your obesity and attain a BMI or body mass index, which is within a normal range and is suitable for you. For men, the waist size should be maintained below 40 inches and in women, it should be under 38 inches.
- Eating healthy food will help you stay away from diabetes. You should consume less sugar, fats and alcohol and consume milk, meat and other proteins in a moderate amount. You should consume whole foods, such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, starchy foods and beans in large amounts. These items should highlight all your major meals.
- Being physically active and exercising regularly is very important, if you want to stay healthy and prevent yourself from developing diabetes. You should climb stairs, walk, play and undertake activities which require you to move around.
To keep yourself safe from diabetes, you must take good care of yourself when you are ill in order to avoid several complications. Several viruses and autoimmune diseases lead to diabetes in which the immune system attacks the body. You should be careful of viral infections such as measles, influenza, rubella, mumps and many others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.