Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HuftoskhiYour feedback matters!
I had intercourse after a long time about 10 days back. Since then I have been experiencing extreme pain in my vagina while urinating. Is this normal? How can I deal with it. I use vaginal wash regularly.
My girlfriend is 18 years old and she is 4 weeks pregnant and we want abortion. What should we do. How much time it will take and what is price of abortion.
It's being one year I got married but I am notable to do sex. I feel very bad. Now these days it's common to do sex. But even after marriage m not able to do. I am not able to insert my husband penis in vagina. He is not ready for doctors visit. Its painful. My very afraid. Please help.
My Friends problem is that to his gf on day of period she didn't get on time on this month, what may be the reason, before present month in past they had a intercourse, is it a reason for that. And for not getting period on time, she is worried, an scared also. So please suggest some Solution.
I am 20 years old female. I have stomach pain in my period days. I take pain relief. Is that right can I take pain relief or it is harmful. What should I do now.
Oral sex is a form of sexual activity, which involves the arousal of one's genitalia by his/her partner using the mouth (tongue, lips and throat). It is also called Cunnilingus (performed on a female) and fellatio (performed on a male). It is done before intercourse and during foreplay for sexual arousal. It is safe as compared to vaginal or anal sex, the rate of getting a STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or HIV is comparatively lower.
Oral sex can spice up your life and can also make your partner reach orgasm. It is also a safe way of getting sexual pleasure without getting pregnant. But necessary precautions must be taken in order to have safe oral sex.
Some of these necessary precautions are:
- You can get throat cancer from oral sex: Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a cancerous virus found in the body of infected people. This virus can be transmitted to the person with whom you are engaging in oral sex. Studies show that people who engage with more than 6 sexual partners at once are more prone to get oral cancer. It is advisable to get your partner tested for HPV virus before engaging in oral sex.
- Oral sex also causes stress: Oral sex is generally related to hygiene, therefore the partner can be self conscious and worried about his/her genital hygiene. If oral sex is performed on a daily basis, some people prefer to wax their pubic hair often. This is harmful because it can cause red bumps and burning sensation occurs. It is advisable to trim your pubic hair and wash it properly before engaging in oral sex.
- A condom should be worn by the male during oral sex so that there is no risk of male fluid entering the woman's body.
- A latex, which is made into a thin sheet called dental dam can be used on the vagina or anus. This creates a thin barrier between the mouth and the genitalia. Hence, chances of getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases are greatly reduced.
Oral sex can be pleasurable and fun, but the risks of getting sexually transmitted diseases like herpes, gonorrhea and crabs is not altogether misplaced. So it is advisable to use proper protection and to maintain hygiene before engaging in oral sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 4 months pregnant. Pls suggest some foods for both me and my baby. How do I take care of my skin and hair even after birth of the child.Please tell.
Pitti on body skin, head, face, legs, hand, shoulder. More itching and burning . Now its pregnancy time 2 month completed. Skin problem is being from starting. I want to know reason, please suggest and during itching and burning time if any lotion or medicine can use. Is there any effect to baby.
Colposcopy is a procedure that is used to get a closer view of a women’s cervix, vagina and vulva. It is a procedure carried on to detect the presence of any abnormal cells on the cervix and nearby areas.
Why is Colposcopy done?
This procedure is carried out to see the problems in the vagina and cervix which may otherwise be not visible with a naked eye. A colposcopy is done when the Pap test results are abnormal. These abnormalities could be due to several reasons like viral infections namely human papillomavirus (HPV) infection or any other fungal (yeast), bacterial or protozoan (Trichomonas) infection. Atrophic vaginitis or natural cervical changes due to menopause can also lead to abnormal Pap test results. However one needs to be careful because these untreated cervical cell changes that lead to abnormal Pap tests can at times develop into precancerous or cancerous changes.
In case during colposcopy, an abnormal tissue is found in the problem areas, the doctor will remove a tiny sample of it and send it to the lab. This is normally known as a biopsy or cervical biopsy which is done from inside the opening of the cervix or endocervical canal.
Procedure for a colposcopy and biopsy
A colposcopy is normally a pain free procedure where at times some women might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation when the solution is applied. Biopsy might lead to a little discomfort like that of a sharp pinch or a menstrual cramp. During colposcopy a speculum or a small instrument is inserted into the vagina to spread apart the vaginal walls. In order to see the area more clearly the doctor dabs the cervix or vagina with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar (acetic acid) or Iodine (Lugol's solution). The solution is used to remove any kind of mucus and also makes the abnormal cells turn white in order to be clearly visible.
The doctor then uses a colposcope, a light magnifying device that looks like binoculars and has a bright light mounted to it. It also has a camera attached to it to take the videos or pictures of the cervix and vagina.
Biopsies are normally done by scraping away abnormal cells with a small brush or a small curette.
Results of colposcopy or cervical Biopsy
In case of Normal results the vinegar or iodine will not show the presence of any abnormal cells and the vagina and cervix look normal. But in case of abnormal results, there are abnormal tissues seen in the problem areas. It could also be a sore or a genital wart or infection in and around the vagina. The biopsy report would clarify whether it is cervical cancer or is likely to develop. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Dear Dr, My mom creatinine level is 1.27 and blood nitrogen urea is 19. Earlier she had high Bp ard 170/90 even after taking corvadil A but now its under control 130 / 85 after taking medicine suggest by a nepro. But now she has swelling in both her legs. She urinates very frequently. Her micro albumin was very high 4 months bk ard 1000. Please guide me as what could be done to stop the protein from urine.
Main 24 years ki hu mujhe cyst overy yani pcod ki problem h cyst 4 to 7 mm hai, Dr. Se treatment le ri hu lakin wo ans poori tarah se ni bta re h main janna chahti hu ke maine may se start kia h ye kitna tym tak treatment hoga or agr baby me kya problems ayegi in future consive k chances kitne h or kya jab tak treatment chal ra hai hum sexual relation bna skte hai ya nahi.
I was diagnosed with SLE in 1994. I am on omnacortil 10 mg. I have now been diagnosed with meniers disease and have vertigo. I have small cysts in my left breast and they bleed once in 10 days. I have a poor vision now and am dizzy. please help.
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter 10 days ago but she is facing problem in bathroom unable to do potty so please suggest us what will do ?
My wife 3 months pregnant. Double marker test revealed that t21 is 50: 1. Is it dangerous? Doctor advised to go through a amniocentesis with FISH study? Is the test safe? Is there any other way of diagnosis for down syndrome?
This month My period is still not come till today while in month of October my period was came on 28 Oct and ends on 31st November. Please suggest me the solution.
Crooked teeth pull down a child's morale in a big way. It not just impacts their chewing and looks, but also makes oral hygiene practices difficult for the child and the parent. Orthodontic treatment, which may involve removing a couple of teeth and realigning the other teeth is very popular to correctly align these teeth.
The entire process of this treatment starting from initial visits to diagnosis to completing treatment to follow-up is a prolonged one. While the time with the dentist is quite significant, the time for the child to adjust to the braces and come to terms with the new 'thing' in their mouth is also quite taxing.
This requirement of time followed by need of adjustment time makes summer the ideal time to get braces for the children. Read on to understand a little more on the same:
- Time/Scheduling: The summer holidays gives children enough time to make the numerous visits without having to affect their school routine. The child and the parent have to make numerous visits to the dentist, the initial oral examination, getting radiographs done, moulds done, removal of teeth if required, checking for their healing, getting the braces in place, and follow-up visits for adjustments. In addition, on the child's side, they need sufficient time to heal from the teeth removal, get used to the presence of the metallic braces (in most cases) in their mouth, and get used to the new oral care methods. Another thing to consider also is the proximity of the dental clinic and the availability of the orthodontist. Most clinics schedule the orthodontist visit on one day of the week to cover all cases. Also, most children are in their early or late teens when they go for braces and are therefore in important stages of their academics. Therefore, summer becomes the best time to go for braces without affecting the schedule.
- Oral Care: Having braces requires extra care from the child to learn oral hygiene measures. The braces make it easy for food particles to remain on the teeth, increasing chances of decay and gum disease. The child needs to make a conscious effort to keep this clean as developing decay during the treatment complicates the whole scene. Therefore, summer gives the ample time required to get used to the oral care routine.
- Safety: Children with braces who are into sports should start using mouth-guards to protect them from injury during contact sports. Again, summer is a time to indulge in sports, and this will give the child adequate time to adjust to the use of mouth-guards.
All these make summer the ideal time to go for orthodontic treatment.