Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hiteshi Shah
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hiteshi ShahYour feedback matters!
My face have many dark spot I want to remove it. So, tell me what can I do for remove darkspots and make me handsome.
Iam losing hair quickly I try all shampoo but I have not effect Iam not sureWant else can I do. Please give some tips what ido?
What are the remedies for acne? I have oily skin as well. I'm using a Richfeel calendula soap as a facewash once a day. Is that sufficient?
Hello sir/madam , I am 21 years old girl. I have a problem of dark circle on my both eyes . And since 5 years ago my body skin colors was very light, these 5 years and now my skin continuously getting dark. What should I do ?
I am having black heads on my nose. I tried some face wash but nothing works. How can I get rid of it permanently?
Eczema is the common term for the skin condition known as Dermatitis, which is characterized by inflammation of the skin. There are various reasons behind eczema but the most common one is allergy. The skin condition is known to be triggered by some underlying allergy. Other factors include genetics and a weak immune system. A weak immune system tends to overreact while dealing with an allergy. This overreaction leads to eczema or dermatitis.
The symptoms of eczema include redness of skin, constant itching of the affected areas, scaling and thickening of the affected area. In most cases, the itching becomes so intense that the patient continues to scratch the skin until it starts to bleed. In more extreme cases of eczema, a thick leathery covering is formed over the skin or sometimes, the affected areas start to ooze. But this happens only when the condition remains untreated for a long time, so no need to worry.
Role of Homeopathy in Curing Eczema:
In most cases of eczema or dermatitis, the patients usually go for a skin specialist, who prescribes a combination of skin ointments or creams and a course of medicines to contain the itch and treat the underlying allergy that causes the skin condition in the first place. However, such course of treatment focuses on containing the problem and making it manageable, rather than curing it completely.
Now, the homeopathic line of treatment focuses on curing the problem at its roots rather than temporarily suppressing it, only to erupt at a later date. The main cause behind the onset of eczema is an overreacting immune system. Homeopathic treatment focuses on curing the problems in the immune system by strengthening it, rather than suppressing the symptoms.
In Homeopathy, the stress is on improving the poor or the weak immune system. Allergy is the manifestation of a hyperactive immunity. Therefore instead of just treating the symptoms of the allergy, Homeopathy goes to the very basic cause of the problem and sets right the immune system. Once the immunity is in order and stops over reacting to ordinary stimuli, the allergy is cured. This is where Homeopathy has an edge over Allopathy. During Homeopathy treatment of eczema, allergy is cured by strengthening the immune system and the symptoms subside on their own. At the same time, it needs to be understood that this is purely natural eczema treatment. No steroids or anti allergic medicines are used. The immunity is strengthened by Homeopathy instead of being suppressed as happens with allopathic treatment.
Some common homeopathic medicines used to cure eczema or dermatitis include:
2. Hepar Sulph
We grow up thinking of our nails as dead cells and pay attention to them only to trim them once a week. If you’re a woman, this might extend to painting them in different hues. However, the shape, texture and natural colour of your nails along with the rate at which they grow says a lot about your overall health.
Homeopathy is an effective way of treating nail disorders as it addresses the root cause of the problem. This form of treatment has negligible side effects and hence, can be used over a long period of time. However, homeopathy should never be used to self medicate. This is because a homeopathic prescription depends on the symptoms presented and the personality of the patient.
Here are a few changes in your nails that could be signs of health disturbances.
- Horizontal ridges: White horizontal ridges across your nails are developed when there is a pause in the growth of the nail. They could be an indication of an injury or a symptom of a serious illness. These are also known as Beau’s lines or Mee’s lines. Beau’s lines are developed due to psoriasis, diabetes, circulatory disease or a severe deficiency of zinc. Mee’s lines can be a result of arsenic poisoning, malaria, leprosy, Hodgkin’s disease or carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Vertical ridges: This is a common sign of aging and is usually nothing to worry about. However, in some cases, it could be a sign of vitamin B12 or magnesium deficiencies.
- Spoon nails: If the edges of your nails curve upwards and take on a spoon-like look, it could be a sign of anemia, excessive iron absorption, heart disease or hypothyroidism.
- Pitted Nails: Dents or pits in your nails are usually a sign of psoriasis. It could also be a symptom of tissue disorders such as Reiter’s syndrome or autoimmune diseases like alopecia areata.
- Dark nails: If you notice dark,discoloured patches on your nails, consult a doctor immediately. This could be due to melanoma which is the most dangerous form of skin cancer.
- Yellow Nails: Smoking and excessive use of acrylic nail polish are the two most common causes of yellow nails. However, if your nails are thinand crumbly along with being yellow, it could be a sign of a fungal infection. In rare cases, yellow nails could also be a sign of thyroid disorders, diabetes or psoriasis.
- Clubbing: Nails that are enlarged and curved downwards are said to be clubbed. This is typically a sign of low levels of oxygen in the blood. It could also be symptom of lung disease, liver and kidney disorders, AIDS and inflammatory bowel disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.