Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HindujaYour feedback matters!
Intra uterine insemination is a common fertility treatment which involves positioning a sperm within the woman’s uterus in order to help it fertilize. The primary objective of this treatment is to surge the number of sperms that are supposed to reach the fallopian tubes for multiplying the chance of fertilization. It offers an advantage to the sperms by minimizing its area of traversal, but the sperm must reach the eggs for fertilizing the ovum on its own. It is a minimally invasive method and much lesser expensive when compared to in vitro fertilization.
When do the doctors recommend intra uterine insemination?
The most common reason behind opting for intra uterine insemination is decreased sperm mobility and low sperm count. But there are various other reasons why gynecologists recommend this treatment and these include unexplained infertility, cervical scar tissues from past operations, cervical mucus problems, ejaculation dysfunction and several others.
On the other hand, intra uterine insemination is not recommended for women with conditions of pelvic infections, moderate to severe endometriosis and women with acute problems in the fallopian tubes.
How does the process of intra uterine insemination work?
- Before opting for the intra uterine insemination, doctors may recommend ovulation stimulating medicines which require careful monitoring of the eggs to determine when they are mature. The intra uterine insemination will be done between 24 and 36 hours after the rise in LH hormones which indicates high chances of ovulation.
- A semen sample is separated from the semen, and then the sperm is inserted directly into the uterus with the help of a catheter. This procedure improves the positioning of sperm cells into the uterus which, in turn, increases the chances of conception.
- The whole procedure takes about a couple of minutes and gives only minimal discomfort. Then the doctors closely monitor your signs and symptoms of pregnancy. In most cases, there is minimal risk of infection after the intra uterine insemination. Also, women who take fertility medications while having IUI also have chances to become pregnant with multiples.
What is the success rate of intra uterine insemination?
The success of intra uterine insemination depends on a host of factors. If a couple chooses to opt for this treatment every month, the chances of successful pregnancy are increased by 20 percent per cycle. But factors like age of the woman, use of fertility drugs, and the reason behind infertility play a critical role.
Since intra uterine insemination is a cheaper process compared to in vitro fertilization, the success rate of this procedure can sometimes be lower than the latter. It however in most cases gives good results. So, if you are interested in this treatment, you must consult with an expert gynaecologist for discussing your options.
Now I am 20 weeks 2 days pregnant. Today I did sonography and my baby heart beat is 120bpm. Is this heart rate is normal? Or low? Please give advice as soon as possible.
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
As per doctor instruction I was inserted the Candid CL Vaginal Suppositories, 6 days continuously, after that it will not come, I took health foods, fruits, 2 liters of water, from this Sunday to Tuesday I don't take proper food on time, now again white discharge (like water) started, kindly advise me what to do on this issue. I am only 46 kg weight, looking very lean.
Each and every person on this planet has to deal with the loss of a loved one at some point of their life or the other. It is an undeniable and unavoidable part of the human existence. However, at times, the grief can affect the person so much that their psychological, emotional and physical health may be affected. Their normal day- to-day functioning may be affected as a result of their extreme reaction to the loss of their loved one. In such a case it is ideal to seek treatment from a certified medical professional such as a counselor or psychologist. If the condition is even more serious and the patient requires help to treat him or her, then it is advisable to go to a psychiatrist.
However, the following tips commonly given by mental health professionals may help to deal with such a loss:
- Accepting one's emotion: Sometimes an individual may remain in denial about the loss of the loved one or about his or her own reaction to it. This increases the negative emotion as it does not find a medium of expression. The person withdraws into himself or herself, and is slowly unable to conduct the usual daily activities. The first step therefore is to fully accept the reality of the event and one's own response to it. It can help to speak to a friend or family member about one's own response, or even release the grief by crying. Such cathartic avidities are the first step.
- Taking care of oneself: Often after the death of a loved one, an individual may become wary of his or her own condition and fail to look after himself or herself. This should be avoided. Normal diet, exercise and activities are required.
- Channeling grief into productive activity: Constantly focusing on the loss of the loved one can increase the trauma and stress. Sometimes it helps to focus on helping others, e.g. Volunteering at a charity or assisting others in some way. Even taking up artistic pursuits or any productive hobby proves to be beneficial. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Some tips from ayurveda -
1. Pleurisy – take shring bhasma 500 ml thrice a day with honey. Also have to apply warm paste made from shringbhasma over the chest.
2. Flu – take 1 tab tribhuvan kirti ras tablet with fresh juice of tulsi leaves and ginger thrice a day. Keep fast and take boiled water only.
3. Spleen – in enlargement of spleen – take 500 mg pippli (piper longum) powder with honey or milk.
4. Excessive urination – take 15 ml fresh juice of guduchi (tinospora cordifolia) twice a day.
Hi, i' m 22 yrs old I have a irregular periods problem. Do not know how to cure and am a working women.
My wife is 5 month pregnant. She have swelling and pain in her feet. Her uric acid is 4.2. Is there any harm?
I am 29 Year old my last period date was 13 Nov I missed my period as we tried for child but at 18 Dec I got some blood clots and bleeding but it's not like regular period I consult to doctor she suggested hcg level test at that time my hcg level was 175 then doc prescribed me to take sustain 200 tablet and again give blood sample for hcg level test after 48 hrs I took 2 tablet sustain 200.
Definition of Sex Addiction
Sex addiction can refer to a range of behaviors that are done in excess and significantly impact one’s life in a negative way.
- The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-V (DSM-5) does not list sex addiction as a diagnosable condition yet, but research indicates that there is a clear prevalence of adverse sexual behavior that is similar in development to a “chemical” addiction.
Is Porn Addiction the Same as Sex Addiction?
Porn addiction and sex addiction are not the same disorder. Addiction to porn is considered to be a type of sex addiction and can manifest itself differently than other types of sex addiction. Like “sex addiction,” “porn addiction” is not an official diagnosis in the DSM-5 yet. However, an addiction to porn can lead to serious distress and consequences in many facets of life.
What Are the Different Types of Sexual Addictions?
There are no distinct categories, but sexual addictions can come in different forms, including addiction to:
- Masturbation or fantasy.
- Sadistic or masochistic behavior.
- Other excessive sexual pursuits.
What are the Signs, Symptoms, and Effects of a Sexual Addiction?
Several signs can serve to indicate whether someone is addicted to sex. These can be emotional or physical. Furthermore, it’s important to know the debilitating effects of sexual addiction.
Emotional Symptoms of Sex Addiction
If you or someone you love suffers from a sex addiction, you might not have healthy boundaries. If your husband is addicted to pornor sex, you may feel alienated, isolated, depressed, angry, or humiliated and need treatment yourself. If you are addicted to sex, you might become easily involved with people sexually or emotionally regardless of how well you know them, according to Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous. Because most sex addicts fear being abandoned, they might stay in relationships that aren’t healthy, or they may jump from relationship to relationship. When alone, they might feel empty or incomplete. They might also sexualize feelings like guilt, loneliness or fear.
Physical Symptoms of Sex Addiction
Although a sex addiction or pornography addiction can create many physical side effects, few physical symptoms of this disorder exist. However, the most common physical sex addict symptoms you might notice from having a sexual addiction is feeling immobilized due to sexual or emotional obsessions.
Effects of Sex Addiction
The effects of a sex addiction can be severe.
- According to Departmental Management of the USDA, about 38% of men and 45% of women with sex addictions have a venereal disease as a result of their behavior.
- Pregnancy is also a common side effect that can occur due to risky behavior. In one survey, nearly 70% of women with sex addictions reported they’d experienced at least one unwanted pregnancy as a result of their addiction.
Additionally, sex addiction likely has a negative impact on several areas of one’s life. It can lead to:
- A decline in personal relationships, social, and family engagement.
- Decreased concentration and productivity at work.
- Physical consequences like sexual dysfunction or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
It can have profound psychological effects, like generating feelings of shame, inadequacy, and emotional distress. It can lead to, or stem from, comorbid psychological disorders like:
- Substance abuse.
- Problems related to impulse control and emotion dysregulation.
- Obsessive-Compulsive type symptoms.
It is important to know that addressing co-occurring problems in one’s life, like depression, social anxiety, or social isolation, can make it easier to recover from sexual addiction.
Am I Addicted to Sex?
It is best to consult with a healthcare professional for proper evaluation of your sex addiction, however, you may also want to look out for the following signs:
- You feel powerless over how you act sexually.
- Your sexual choices are making your life unmanageable.
- You feel shame, embarrassment or even self-loathing over your sexual acts.
- You promise yourself you’ll change, but fail to keep those promises.
- You’re so preoccupied with sex it becomes like a ritual to you.