Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you to get in touch with the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Hetal KarkarYour feedback matters!
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity:
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton of healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines or cordials.