Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hemanth PatelYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from blood in stool since last four days .it is not continues but after 4 or 5 days comes. I don't feel any type pain .please give me a proper information and diagnose.
Hi di I am 18 years old my face has many darkspots below the eyes so how can I clear these spots and look good and fresh please give me a solution thanks.
I have reduced pimple scars and also get fair skin .my skin tone get black because I have used many cosmetic products.
I have a scar in my cheek it got 4 stiches now I wanted to remove scar from plastic surgery the scar around 1inches can you tell me how much cost of it.
Hi sir, I have small holes on my face these are appeared after pimples are gone. So how I can remove these holes and I want to increase glowness in face. Please suggest best ayurvedic medicine, Thank you sir.
I am having Rashes on my shoulders! And I am also having permanent black marks of it! How can I get rid of it? Suggest the markable option please!
I have a itch in between my upper thighs an also colour changes to black in that area. Is there any serious issue? How to cure it? Please help me I am scared!
Hello doctors. I want to ask that can I use chemical peels for my skin. It has got a lots of tann. Before 4 months I had this treatment in a medical clinic n had a good result after that. But as it expenses r too high. Can I use this chemical peel by myself at home. How safe this is.
I have skin problem around my penis and 2 fingers. Skin got dried and I feel to scratching it when I scratch it skin get rupture into wound. As it started hailing again got rupture, this becomes a continues process. Kindly advise some primary aid after that I will consult to that Dr. A huge layer of dead skin appeared on the affected area. White brown color scale like.
Sir after using melalite XL . I had some radish burning type of signs on my face . So sir how this signs can be lightened . please suggest me the medicine or cream to recover from this problem .
Why is castor oil not good to put on dry skin? I have been using a little daily. It seems to help. Please advise.
Hernia is a small protrusion or escape of any structure or organ through nearby weak spot or muscle. There are several types of hernia like inguinal hernia (direct and indirect), femoral hernia, umbilical hernia, umbilical hernia, epigastria hernia and incision hernia. This hernia can be removed and relocated to its original position and secured with special type of hernia mesh to prevent the recurrence of hernia.
When hernia surgery is required?
Hernia is not a serious health issue that requires surgery immediately. But surgery is essential only during the following situation-
- Size of hernia is more than half an inch.
- Hernia causes severe pain and causes much physical discomfort.
- Hernia causes disfigurement.
There are two different methods used for hernia surgery:
- Open hernia repair: Open surgical incision is made near the herniated site and the surgical procedure is done and secured with a mesh work. This surgical procedure requires several preparatory measures to be done before surgery. There is also blood loss and recovery period after surgery is also more than other type of surgeries.
- Minimally invasive hernia repair: The surgery is done with a laparoscope which has small tiny camera, small synthetic hernia mesh and small tool with it. So the patient can return back to their normal routine earlier as the incision made is smaller.
Before undergoing hernia surgery:
- One week before surgery it is much essential to stop taking drugs that are causes the thinning of the blood. Drugs like aspirin should be stopped with the doctor’s advice.
- Stop herbal supplements and check the fitness of your cardio and diabetes
- Gain adequate knowledge about surgery and be prepared for the post surgical care
After hernia surgery: