Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. HemantYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year male. I think I have a problem of haemorrhoids, it's not confirmed by any test but yet through symptoms like burning sensation while defecating, itching while defecating and after it too, although no blood comes out through anus, this problem is old since 4 to 5 years now but mostly it remains in control but the day I eat anything outside my home or eat any non veg, the problem becomes severe, and now in this age it is very tough to eat every time at home, means home made food. I have seen few doctors too, but since it all depends on eating much fibre and good food habit, so as soon as I start eating fibre, problem recedes but again it comes after few days or months. Isn't there any permanent solution, isn't there any confirmed diagnosing method to know which nerves of the anus have swollen or what have happened in that region actually?
What are dark circles?
Dark circles are shadowy patches under or around the eyes.This can make your face look aged, tired and discoloured. Dark circles may also be accompanied by puffy eyelids and redness of eyes.
What are the causes of dark circles?
- Emotional stress such as anxiety and depression
- Inadequate sleep, as a result of staying up too late or suffering from insomnia
- As a result of some prolonged sickness
- Excessive caffeine consumption
- Alcohol abuse
- Exposure and damage due to ultra violet radiation
- Drug abuse
- Not removing make up properly
- An unhealthy diet which lacks the necessary nutrients
- Melasma or hyperpigmentation
How can dark circles be removed naturally?
- It is important to get enough sleep. A minimum of 7-8hours of sleep should be sufficient to rejuvenate and replenish your body cells.
- Drink water. The optimum level of hydration helps to prevent dark circles and many other body disorders.
- A balanced diet helps to renew cell growth, repairs worn out tissues and slows down the ageing process.
- Light massage promotes blood flow and improves circulation.
- It is important to quit smoking and reduce alcohol consumption.
- Green teabags help to reduce the darkening around the eyes.
- Cucumber slices also help to remove dark eye circles.
What treatments are available for removing dark circles?
- Medicated eye creams especially, those containing retinol, azelaic acid, hyaluronic acid, hydroquinone and vitamin C
- Chemical peeling that is especially, directed at the area around the eyes
- Microdermabrasions a non-invasive non-chemical technique that makes use of a spray of micro-crystals in order to remove the superficial layer of dry and dead skin cells.
- Platelet rich plasma therapy is a new modality of treatment for under eye dark circles in which platelets separated from the patient’s own blood is injected in the area around the eyes, which then releases growth factors to give a more youthful appearance.
- Radiofrequency skin tightening.
- Fillers are often used to smoothen the skin, giving it a more youthful look.
- Carboxytherapy is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment. It makes use of injections which inject gaseous Carbon-dioxide into the skin’s subcutaneous tissues through a needle.
- Intense pulse light therapy (IPL) is a non-ablative and a non-invasive mode of treatment that uses high intensity waves (pulse) of visible light to improve problems such as age lines, wrinkles, freckles, age spots and other blemishes.
- Cheek lift sometimes corrects dark circles
For the complete treatment of dark circles, it is important that a holistic approach is taken towards finding out the cause and customizing the treatment plan. To get rid of your dark circles and make yourself look 10 years younger, visit a Dermatologist at the earliest!
Enlarged prostate is 26 cc in size, Please suggest some medication to reduce the size. I am taking Veltam plus for reducing the size.
Hii doctor I am having spots of chicken pox (mata ke dag) please tell me go can I remove thn as thay looks too odd please help me out wht should I do.
A breast augmentation surgery can leave you with bigger and fuller breasts, but can also leave you with a few scars. These scars typically appear on the lower half of the breast, under the arm or around the areola. Scarring depends on the type of skin, as well as how well your skin heals after the surgery. Like any other, the scars caused by breasts augmentation surgery can be treated in a number of ways. Some of these are:
- Silicone gel scar treatment: This involves applying silicone gel onto the scar and allowing it to dry. For best results this needs to be applied daily and left on, for as long as possible. Silicone gel shrinks the scar while simultaneously flattening it and lightening it.
- Silicone sheeting: Silicone sheeting is a strip of silicone available in a variety of shapes depending on the type of surgery undergone. It is a self-adhesive and can be reused. This is typically used to treat scars on creases or areola scars. Both silicone gel and silicone sheeting are most effective when used within 6 months of the surgery.
- Cortisone creams: Cortisone is a hormone that helps fight inflammation. Creams that contain cortisone when applied on a scar can help lighten it and reduce its size. If you plan to use cortisone creams to treat scarring, ensure that the wound has healed completely before applying the cream.
- Dermabrasion: This is a minor surgical process through which the upper skin layer is removed. This is especially useful in cases of raised scars but not suitable to sunken scars.
- Massaging the affected area: A soft circular massage of the operated area can help drain the lymph nodes beneath the skin. This helps reduce inflammation and softens the skin. This also helps break down dense collagen and prevents the formation of a raised scar. However, do not attempt to massage your breasts without consulting your doctor first.
- Laser treatment: Lasers can be used on new as well as old scars. The number of sittings required for laser treatment depends on the size and type of scar. When used on keloid scars, laser treatment can help flatten the scar and reduce redness. Lasers can also be used to stimulate the production of collagen to help the body heal itself. Further, ablative lasers can be used to vaporize scars and are the preferred form of treatment for sunken, irregular shaped scars.