Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Hemant BaharmiYour feedback matters!
Is it fine to do gym during periods? Is any precaution required in terms of what exercises need not be done? I currently go for yoga classes but m told that I should not do it for at least first 3 days of menstruation as the flow is quite heavy. Now I am planning to switch to gymming and it gets a little awkward in consulting the trainer during periods. Please advise.
I have a periods problem. Its not for now, from starting till now. Can you please help me, that what I do.
Hi Experts, Need your help. In early pregnancy stage if anybody vomits more and more then is it mandatory to take medicine or it is normal thing in this stage. And if we have pain when vomits can we take dolo tablet? Please share your suggestions on the same. Thanks in advance,
Is the gender prediction chart true if your planing to conceive and want a baby of a particular sex?
Me and my girlfriend doing sex on 24-june-2015 but that time I didn't uesed protection but now I am feel very nerves, her periods date is 05-june-2015 and we had done sex 24 -june. Now its possible she will be pregnant.
Dr is this safe to take oral contraceptives for regualting menstrual cycles, which are irregular due to pcod, is dre any side effect, and can these oral contraceptives be replaced with some other medicine ?
I am 38 years old woman, I am unable to get pregnancy, my gynecologist told me that I have blockage in both fallopian tubes. Pls tell me there is chance of getting pregnant or not, and if yes thn what is the correct procedure nd what is the percentage of pregnancy.
Getting married, we are planning our first baby after 6 year. Which is the safest way to do it? Pills are not safe for my partner I guess then what 6 year with help of balloon (condom) I don't like it :(
My age is 46. My wife is 36 years old. Currently my wife what it says are caused by irritation of the vagina during intercourse? why is he bleeding occurs some time after sexual intercourse? for two months, every 15 days once came to premenstrual syndrome (menezes) why?
Your health is affected by a number of physical, mental and emotional conditions. Falling in love is one of these factors. Being in love with someone does not only put a smile on your face, it can also boost your immunity and lower stress levels. Love can make you feel stronger both mentally and physically. Here are a few reasons why love is beneficial to your health.
- You may have a longer life: Love helps fight stress and hence helps reduce the harmful effects of stress. Stress is a direct trigger for many fatal conditions such as heart attack and strokes and thus, being in love reduces your risk of such diseases. Studies have also shown that when in love, a person takes more care of themselves and hence has a lower risk of having an accident, violence etc. thus, being in love can give you a longer lifespan and can reduce chances of an early death.
- You may have a lower risk of lifestyle diseases: Along with boosting your immunity love can also improve your lifestyle. Instead of microwaving a TV dinner, a person in love is likely to eat a healthier meal with their partner and be more conscious of their diet. Being in love also makes you want to look good thus, encourages exercising. By following a healthy diet and exercising regularly, you can reduce your chances of suffering from lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and obesity. Living with a person you love can also lower your alcohol and nicotine consumption and hence protect you from their ill effects.
- It protects you from depression: Companionship and love are good for a person’s mental health. Love can help stabilise emotions and keep you from depression. By living with someone a person does not have the chance to withdraw into themselves and can always rely on having someone to talk to. By sharing your thoughts and emotions with another person, difficult situations can become easier to handle and hence cause less stress and depression.
- It can help you look younger: As mentioned earlier, being in love can make you take better care of yourself. It is often said that a person in love ’glows’. In a nutshell, being in love makes you happy and this releases happy hormones that aid in the removal of toxins and prevent premature ageing. When you’re in love, you may also notice your hair looking healthier and shinier. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night.
Related Tip : "Is Postmenopausal Bleeding Normal??"
With viral fever on the rise it is advisable to prevent yourself against dengue and chikungunya. Dengue is caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes. It is an acute illness of sudden onset that usually symptoms such as headache, fever, exhaustion, severe muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, and rash. The presence of fever, rash, and headache is particularly characteristic of dengue.
Most common symptoms of dengue are:
Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection and last for up to 10 days, may include
- Sudden, high fever
- Severe headaches
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever
- Mild bleeding (such a nosebleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising)
How to diagnose and prevent against dengue?
Diagnosing dengue fever: Blood test to check for the virus or antibodies to it .IgG AND IgM for Dengue Fever.
Prevention against dengue fever:
- Stay away from heavily populated residential areas, if possible.
- Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
- When outdoors, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks.
- When indoors, use air conditioning if available.
- Make sure window and door screens are secure and free of holes. If sleeping areas are not screened or air conditioned, use mosquito nets.
Role of Ayurveda in treating dengue:
Ayurveda believes in treating a person as a whole, it means that it focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. Ayurvedic remedies are selected after a full individual examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient physical & mental constitution, family history, presenting symptoms, underlying pathology etc. An Ayurvedic practitioner tries to treat more than just the symptoms present. The focus is not on curing the disease, but to cure the person who is sick; to restore for health. If a disease pathology is not very advanced homeopathic remedies to give a hope for cure; even in incurable case the quality of life can be greatly improved with Ayurvedic remedies.