Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hemal A MistryYour feedback matters!
We have a 6 month girl baby with cranial vault height little high, searching for some physiotherapy exercises to correct the shape.
My baby is one month and 8 days old. He has vomited twice in 4 days at night during feed. I get so scared when the milk comes out of his nose also. What to do when he vomits I literally get chills and do not know what to do while he is vomiting.
My child of 6 years is not putting on weight for the last 3 years or so. His appetite is ok but suffers from allergy and respiratory problems from time to time . He is active however but will like him to add some kilos .
My son is 5.5 months old. We have started giving semi solids to him. But he got severe rash and blisters from cows milk. Can we continue giving him nan pro 1 which he was taking since 4 months of age? Also which ointment we should apply? We r using siloderm and giving him zerolac. But the rash is increasing. Please suggest. Its been 4 days now no relief lots of small blisters are forming in his nappy area. We r only using cotton nappies and keeping the skin clear and dry.
What food I have to give my 17 month boy baby? Please suggest what foods have protein that I can give to baby.
My daughter is 3. 5 years old continuously suffering with cough mainly due to flum since last 2 months. Please suggest any good syrup to my daughter.
Is it ok to make my 13 months old son drink farm milk. Till today we used dexolac formula. Give suggestion.
My son present age is 1 year 4 month suffering from acute loosing motion 40 times in a day and day by day he looses his weight I have given all the medicine which was recomandate by doctor but nothing happend please provide resolution
We have a 6 years old baby. Frequently she is vomiting many times, she have fever and headache what should we do? Please advise.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.