Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hemakshi Basu
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Hemakshi BasuYour feedback matters!
A #joint is where two or more bones come together, like the #knee, #hip, #elbow, or #shoulder. Joints can be damaged by many types of injuries or #diseases, including
1. #Arthritis - inflammation of a joint. It causes pain, stiffness, and swelling. Over time, the joint can become severely damaged.
2. #Bursitis - inflammation of a fluid-filled sac that cushions the joint.
3. #Dislocations - injuries that force the ends of the #bones out of position
Treatment of #JointProblems depends on the cause. If you have a #SportsInjury, treatment often begins with the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) method to relieve pain, reduce swelling, and speed healing. Other possible treatments include pain relievers, keeping the injured area from moving, rehabilitation, and sometimes surgery. For arthritis, injuries, or other diseases, you may need joint replacement surgery to remove the damaged joint and put in a new one.
I am suffering from left ankle pain, it pains a lot while walking but I don't know where exactly the pain exists. Is there any exercise for this or should I get any treatment? please help me.
I am 28 years old and having vitamin complex - c and k. I got my whole body medical check up and I found many complexion like - memory power going down, sleep disorder, lower leg joint weakness, swelling on my foots. What to do? I had bike accident last year and sometime I suffer from joint pain on my legs.
I am panka pandey 24 years old, I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis. My pain is unbearable so tell me is it treatable anyway or not.
My mother is 39 years old. She suffering from hypothyroidism and asthma problems from last 10 yrs. She take eltroxin 50 MG. But last three days she faces low blood pressure, swelling in body (most in foot and hand) joint pain. Blood sugar, echo cardiograph and cbc are normal. What can I do. Thanks.
Kidney problems, although take a longer time to develop, they end up being silent killers. There are no obvious signs for months and the symptoms crop up when it's rather late.
Many younger people these days are getting diagnosed with kidney problems. This is primarily due to drinking alcohol, smoking, bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. About 60% people who have diabetes or hypertension develop kidney problems eventually.
Therefore, it is advised to be aware of what harms your kidneys and take adequate care to keep them healthy.
Watch out for any of these symptoms early on.
1. Urine Color - This is probably the first symptom and unfortunately affects many people around us. With the way our lifestyles are, this is becoming an increasing concern. Urine becomes dark and there is a need to urinate yet, one is unable to do so.
2. Urine Infection - Second would be when you feel pain or difficulty while urinating. The infections in the urinary tract induce their symptoms of pain or burning during urination. If this infection spreads to the kidneys, one can feel pain in the back.
3. Blood In Urine - If there is blood in your urine, it is a sign of renal illness. While this could be happening because of various reasons, it is advisable to see your doctor soon.
4. Water Retention - The function of the kidney is to take out the extra liquid and the waste from our body. When this process is not smooth, water will stay back and cause your face, limbs and/or ankle joints to swell.
5. Weakness - Severe exhaustion would mean minimized oxygen being delivered to the cells, causing weakness in general. This is also one of the symptoms that your kidney needs medical attention.
6. Temperature Variance - If your kidney is unwell, one of the symptoms is that you will feel the chill even when the temperature is actually warm.
7. Skin Breakout - Since an unfit kidney means waste in the body is piling up, it causes the skin to break out and cause severe irritation and rashes.
8. Rise of Blood Urea Level - When the kidney is unwell, it increases the level of urea in the blood. This causes breakdown of the urea into ammonia in the spit, causes it to smell foul, like urine/metal.
9. Nausea - Waste accumulating in the blood adds up to causing nausea and vomiting.
10. Breathlessness - One can also feel the lack of breath if the condition of the kidney worsens.
11. Discomfort or Pain - Some people have been known to have bodily pains, an instant discomfort that spreads from the lower back to the groin. This usually means that there is a stone in the kidney. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!