Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hema PatilYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 17 on Jan 19th i had my appendix removed I had an open surgery and spinal injection will there be any problems in future in my pregnancy
Cancer or the big ‘C’ can affect any part of the body including the female reproductive system. These types of cancer are known as gynaecological cancers. Gynaecological cancers occur when normal cells start growing in an uncontrolled manner. There are many different types of gynaecological cancers which are named as per the organs in which they first develop. These include:
- Ovarian cancer: Cancer that affects the ovaries and ova
- Uterine cancer: Cancer that begins inside the uterus
- Cervical cancer: Cancer that begins in the cervix or the section of the reproductive tract between the uterus and vagina
- Vaginal cancer: Cancer that begins in the vagina
- Vulval cancer: Cancer that originates in the opening of the vagina, labia minora or labia majora, clitoris or mons pubis
- Fallopian tube cancer: Cancer that affects the fallopian tubes that connect the ovaries to the uterus
- Placenta cancer: Pregnancy related cancer
Gynaecological cancers are more commonly diagnosed in cases where the woman has a family history of cancer or has mutated genes. Advancing in age, exposure to hormones, and diethylstilbestrol can also increase the risk of suffering from such cancers. Additionally, viral infections such as human papilloma virus, obesity and unhealthy lifestyle choices such as smoking have also been identified as risk factors for cancer.
However, a woman may suffer from these types of cancer even if she does not fall into any of the above risk factor categories. Hence, it becomes important to focus on the symptoms. The symptoms of gynaecological cancers depend on the organ from where the tumour originated, the size of the tumour and it’s rate of growth.
Some of the symptoms which may be noticed are:
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina
- Bleeding after intercourse
- Unusual discharge from the vagina
- Pain or discomfort in the abdominal area
- Swelling of the abdomen
- Painful intercourse
- Itching or burning sensations in the genital area
- Lumps, warts or sores in the genital area
- Unusual bladder and bowel habits
Gynaecological cancers can be treated by using chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal therapies or surgery depending on the stage of the cancer and the type of cancer. Hence, the earlier it is diagnosed, the better it is. Keeping the risk factors in mind, if the above symptoms are noticed, the doctor may ask for a number of tests to diagnose gynaecological cancers.
These tests include:
- A pap smear
- Pelvic examination
- Blood tests
- CT scan, ultrasound, MRI or any other form of imaging tests
- Biopsy scan
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am 27 years old. I got married since 3 yrs. I want to know that me nd my husband having intercourse for last 1 yrs. We are not using anything. But I am not getting pregnant. Me nd my husband having same blood group nd we are cousins. So is that the reason I am not getting present. How to get pregnant plzz suggest. Nd I have regular periods.
Planning to get pregnant. Is it ok to take becosules capsules as folic acid supplements for 2_3 months before pregnancy? I am afraid as max intake of folic acid is 400mcg, but becosules contain folic acid 1.4mg. Is it safe?
Amid this exceptional time of Postpartum when the body is exploring such a variety of changes, ladies regularly encounter migraines, fatigue, issues with nursing, and emotional episodes. Some of these homeopathic cures are entirely basic and can astonish in getting you through the knocks that can happen baby blues.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is produced using the wind-flower. It is a homeopathic solution for the touchy mother. She is regularly sad, gentle (however persistent in some ways), and now and again bashful. Pulsatilla can be entirely tender and regularly needs to be consoled by her accomplice that she is cherished at times to the point of being requesting. She can feel effectively pitiful, alone, or relinquished when she can't get this consolation. Pulsatilla can be resigned and need to please others.
- Phytolacca: Phytolacca is a plant also called pokeweed. Its fundamental activity is in recuperating Mastitis and I have seen it rapidly and viably help numerous ladies with both analyzed and undiscovered symptoms. What's more, this helpful cure is incredible for nursing challenges due to yeast, torment in the nipples, or split nipples. Phytolacca can be dreadful with a propensity to envision that she is going to kick the bucket when physical symptoms go ahead. She is regularly black out or woozy while getting up.
- Sepia: This homeopathic cure, made of the ink of the cuttlefish, is ideal for the depleted mother who is overwhelmed to the point that she truly simply needs to be allowed to sit unbothered. She is normally depleted, however her vitality unmistakably enhances from activity. Sepia is drained and drawn, regularly with a yellowish paleness to the skin, particularly the face.
- Caulophyllum: This is the homeopathic arrangement of Blue Cohosh, a plant identified with Berberis. It's an extraordinary solution for have amid pregnancy, amid and after work, and baby blues. It can likewise be useful if comparative symptoms are available amid lactation. There is an apprehension and edginess on the mental and enthusiastic level. Caulophyllum is cold, extremely eager, and parched.
Amid work, menses or straightforwardly baby blues there are inconsistent, shooting or meandering torments. The torments can feel unendurable, with nausea and retching. Amid work, the torments are irregular, sharp and crampy. Caulophyllum feels inside shortcoming, weariness and debility after labor, amid pregnancy and menses. The torments amid work are powerless and frequently unpredictable, bringing about little movement. After-agonies are intolerable after a long and debilitating work. The lochia is abundant and delayed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My brother is worried about getting hiv infection, he had sex last night with a commercial sex worker (CSW) in kula lampur. He seem to have partial intercourse. Once without condom. Although he rinsed with water after ejection. And he hadn't erected in vagina. Our family is totally worried about this incident. And he is also very sad. Although the CSW said she doesn't have any HIV or STD. Is there a way to prevent hiv or to know if he was infected with it or not.
I am with pcod, I drink lot of water but after drinking within half an hour I urge to urinate during day but night after sleep it won't disturb me so whether it is a problem or not?
Hi Dr, My wife got 4 abortions. All 4 abortions happened during early pregnancy weeks I.e 3rd and 2nd week after pregnancy confirmed. We have done torch test. My wife torch test report is positive for igG rubella and igG herpes simplex antibodies igG. Rest of all the tests are negative. Does simples antibodies igG leads abortion during early weeks of pregnancy? Does, infection can be transmitted to husband and baby? If yes what are the adverse effects? What kind of treatment need to take? We were married 11 months ago. Kindly advise us if we need to take treatment.
During my period I have sever abdominal pain, vomit, loose motion and indigestion problem. What should i do?
Is unwanted 72 is taken before pregnancy check or after pregnancy check? Is I have intercourse with any safety yesterday? please help me.
I have PCOD in both ovaries and don't want to take contraceptives. What should I do to loose weight? Help.
My friend had unprotected sex with his gf at 11 morning on 27th April. She took ipill at 12night. They did it again on 28th morning at 10 am. Unprotected. She needs to take another pill? What should be done. Her period cycle is like 14th/15th every month. What is recommended in this situation rn.
Premenstrual syndrome is a common condition that affects women who are menstruating. A multitude of psychological and physical symptoms might show up before the onset of a menstrual period. What causes PMS is unknown, but fluctuating hormonal levels (progesterone and oestrogen) seem to be linked to it.
PMS has many symptoms. These vary in severity and frequency and aren’t the same in every woman. These are the common symptoms of PMS:
1. Tenderness of breasts
3. Increase in weight
5. Impaired concentration
6. Backaches or headaches
10. Depression or mood swings
11. Overeating or food cravings
A doctor might recommend a few tests to understand and rule out related symptoms:
- Diary: Keeping track of the PMS symptoms in a diary for a few months to check the duration will help you understand the condition better. You might be able to see recurring patterns in your behaviour and moods after keeping track of them for few consecutive months.
- Thyroid test: Thyroid disease is fairly common in women and a lot of its symptoms match those of PMS. To rule out any thyroid problem, a test can be done to check the efficiency of the thyroid.
Relief can be found by treating the symptoms as there is no prevention of the condition. A nutritious diet, sufficient rest and exercise can help deal with the symptoms better.
- Nutrition: Proper nourishment leads to overall mental and physical well-being. Dietary changes like consuming less caffeine, sugar and salt might reduce the PMS symptoms. Supplements prescribed by your doctor such as vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and vitamin B6 help as well.
- Medications: Painkillers such as naproxen, ibuprofen and aspirin may provide relief from cramps, backache, breast tenderness and headache. If the PMS causes severe depression, your doctor may prescribe certain antidepressants.
- Being Informed: Tracking your periods by maintaining a monthly diary can help you understand and in turn prevent the severity of the PMS symptoms. Learning about coping mechanisms can help you as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi I had 10 days late period this time for only 1 and half days. I had one week cramping before the bleeding started. Night before the bleeding started I had sharp back pain which I had never experienced before. I took 3 home pregnancy test after that till now but all came negative. Lately 2 days before I had a sharp pain for few seconds and then it had gone. Today I felt the same pain again in the lower abdomen. I am worried.
What is IVF?
IVF stands for In Vitro Fertilization and is a method of artificial insemination that dramatically increases the chances of pregnancy. It is one of the assisted reproductive technologies methods used as fertility treatment across the world where other methods have had drastic results.
In simpler terms, a man's sperm is inserted in woman's egg using controlled laboratory environment to proceed with fertilization. These embryos are then carefully put back into the mother's uterus after 4 to 5 days of fertilization in incubator in hopes that the embryo would grow in a full baby. The embryo transfer process needs to be carefully done in order for successful fertilization in the mother's womb.
There are many reasons why IVF is conducted:
- Poor sperm quality - Males having poor sperm quality are unable to achieve fertilization and increase the chances of conception with their female partners. This is male factor infertility due to which people move towards IVF.
- Fallopian tube problems - This is a female factor infertility, in which fallopian tubes either get blocked, or damaged making it complicated and stressful for the embryo to travel to the uterus.
One must approach IVF treatment with patience and a willingness to comply with all the tenets that the treatment is built upon. IVF clinics may vary the treatment a little according to what the patient's condition demands and different clinics may have different methods. The basic methods of IVF treatment however, remain the same. The first step to the treatment is to find the right clinic which complies with factors like availability of resources, cost and quality of treatment. After deciding the clinic, the next step is to understand that IVF treatment happens in cycles and the success rate of conception varies. Patients must also be ready to face any disappointment.
Here’s the short version of the steps involved in an IVF treatment cycle:
- Ovarian stimulation. Your doctor prescribes a course of drugs for you to take to stimulate your ovaries into hopefully producing 12 to 15 mature eggs.
- Monitoring of your drug response. To monitor the progress of your ovarian stimulation you undergo an ultrasound examination and blood tests.
- Egg maturation. Two days before your eggs are due to be collected you have a hormone injection, which triggers maturation of the eggs.
- Egg collection. You receive a light general anaesthetic for this simple, short procedure, and your doctor retrieves your eggs using an ultrasound-guided technique.
- Sperm production. On the day of egg collection, your partner provides a sperm sample.
- Fertilisation. The embryologist puts sperm and eggs together in the lab and, if all goes well, the eggs fertilise and early embryo development begins.
- Embryo transfer. Two to five days after egg collection, your doctor places one or two embryos in your uterus. Frozen transfer can be planned after a gap of 1 month.
- Embryo freezing. If you have additional embryos suitable for use, they can be frozen and kept for future transfers. Also, frozen embryos are available.
- Pregnancy test. About two weeks after embryo transfer you have a blood test to find out whether the treatment worked.
- If the test is positive, you have your first pregnancy scan two weeks later.
- If the test is negative, you and your partner need to talk to your doctor and decide whether to try the treatment again.
Have safe diwali. Avoid burns by keeping a distance while burning crackers. Don't explode them in hand.
Pour normal water immediately if you get burns
Consult local nearby doctor, if large area burn go to hospital.
I am 34 and wife 32, trying for baby. I have done semen analysis and there is only 10%motility. Doctor prescribed me fertisureM For 3 months and microdox LBX for 21 days. My wife periods are regular. I just want to know is it possible to conceive by depositing active sperms into vagina? Or we have to wait till 3 more months? Please help me. Thank you.
Most weightlifters and bodybuilders use various types of weights like cast iron weights, chrome weights and vinyl weights. Though the main purpose of all these weights is to allow the bodybuilder to do an extensive workout to build their body stronger and fitter but still they are different from each other in shape, style, looks and colours. Here in this write-up brief information about vinyl dumbbells will be provided to know them more closely, if you are not familiar with them.
Introduction with vinyl weights
Vinyl dumbbells or weights are the workout weights made of solid concrete covered with a material made of hard plastic. It will be a good option for you to start your weight training if you are new in this field. The main reason for the newbies to start with vinyl weights is that they allow them to practice according to their form and perform properly for all types of weight exercises. Lifting weights properly is actually the most important part of weight training but the best way to lift the weights is still a debatable question.
What are they?
The concrete dumbbells coated with durable vinyl are used for various upper class extreme workout exercises. They are normally used to prevent any functional injury or rehabilitation of the weight trainer. Being coated with vinyl these dumbbells available in various weight levels are durable. You can use them according to the strength of your arms.
How are vinyl dumbbells made?
Basically they are made of concrete and vinyl is coated on them to give them a smooth and elegant look. They are made in different sizes and weights so that everyone can use them according to his/her own weight lifting potential.
Packing of vinyl dumbbells
The dumbbells are packed in pair to make it easy to carry and store for the user. They are usually packed in 2 kg, 4 kg, 6 kg and 10 kg packs containing 2 pieces of 1 kg, 2 kg, 3 kg and 5 kg in each respectively.
Manufacturing of vinyl dumbbells
Manufacturing of the dumbbells is a step by step process. First of all a cast iron mould is prepared according to the size and style of the dumbbell you want to manufacture. The moulds are created somewhat lighter in weight than the weight of finished dumbbell you want as the coating of vinyl also has some weight which will be added to the initial weight of cast iron mould.
The second step is to dip the cast iron mould of the dumbbell into hot vinyl in molten form so that its coating can cover up the entire mould. Molten vinyl is used in different colours to give the final iny dumbbells a unique and attractive look.
Machines used in manufacturing
In order to manufacture quality vinyl dumbbell cast iron moulding machines of highest quality are used to manufacture dumbbells of exact size and weight. Vinyl is basically manufactured with the help crude oil and salt. Ethylene is obtained by cracking crude oil or petroleum and chlorine by electrolytic dissociation of salt to manufacture vinyl.