Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harshala KadamYour feedback matters!
My son is 6 year old. He has headache, fever and stomach pain. Why he is getting headaches. Is any serious issue?
I am having fever for more than five days now I have eaten a lot of medicines but still my condition is same as it was, I am not improving at all.
I keep getting cold once in 2 months. I did consult doctor and he told me that I have allergy. I never get a feeling that the cold is completely gone. Please suggest.
Dear doctor. I am 25 year male. I have a habit of watching porn movies and I can't control myself to watch it. And I masturbate since my 18 years. I have marriage soon in this year. Is there any problem causes in my sex life with my partner. Is there any problems cause for infertility due to masturbation. Please tell how to control it.
I want to make body healthy .bcoz I am very thin .what I do . For growth my body .and make fit and and healthy. Plzzz help.
I an 15 years old I am using mouth wash by taking it and then I am putting into mouth I am not using water on it it is any problem or not.
I am 20 years old. I am very week. I look like 15. What should I do? I use to stammer also. Please help me.
How to increase my size of Penis naturally. I am also doing maturation once in a week, is it too or more I have to do. Please suggest me & also if any lubricants are available please answer.
Am 62 years old. My sugar level is around 120-140 in the evening. Would like to know if this level make me tired. If tired what is the immediate remedy. Last month my average three month is 5-6. Pls advise.
What is Acne?
Acne is a chronic inflammatory disease of the pilo sebaceous follicles (i.e. Hair with oil producing glands attached to hair) characterized by comedones (blackheads and whiteheads), papules, pustules, nodules and ultimately leading to scars.
Who gets Acne?
Close to 100% of people between the ages of twelve and seventeen have at least an occasional whitehead, blackhead or pimple regardless of race or ethnicity. Acne starts between the ages of ten and fifteen years of age and usually lasts till twenty years of age; however, acne can persist into the late twenties or thirties or even beyond. Some people get acne for the first time as adults and this is known as adult acne.
What are the causes of Acne?
- Bacteria: Bacteria that normally lives on the skin plays a role in acne development. The bacteria are known as propionibacterium acnes (p. acnes). The bacteria content can increase in people whose faces are not clean.
- Hormones: During the teen years increased levels of sex hormones causes the oil glands of the skin to produce increased amount of oil. These excess skin oils tend to bind with cellular debris causing a blockage and producing a fertile environment for the bacteria to grow.
The bacteria causes inflammation, pus, swelling and redness. In adult acne, excessive hormones produced due to polycystic ovaries and other hormonal imbalances causing excess oil production and inflammation, which leads to acne.
What are the factors that precipitate or aggravate acne?
- Stress- Stress is frequently implicated in aggravation of acne while acne itself induces stress.
- Sweat- Sweating in a hot and humid environment causes deterioration in 15% of acne patients.
- Menstruation- Pre menstrual flare of acne occurs in 70% of female acne patients.
- Friction and pressure- Friction and pressure from helmets, backpacks and tight collars can induce blackheads and papules. Pressure from face massages or facials can aggravate acne.
- Pregnancy- Pregnancy has an unpredictable effect on acne. Pre-existing acne may aggravate or remit during pregnancy.
- Diet- High glycemic load foods (sugar loaded and starchy foods), oily foods may aggravate acne.
- Drugs- Oral contraceptives, anti tuberculosis medication, oral steroids, anti depressants may aggravate acne.
It is advisable to visit a board certified dermatologist for treatment of acne instead of over the counter treatment as the dermatologist treats the root cause of acne.