With age it becomes difficult for many men to achieve an erection and maintain it. This is known as Erectile Dysfunction. This is not necessarily related to a lowered libido. In many cases, a man may desire sex but not be able to have an erection rigid enough for intercourse. Men with a history of obesity, hypertension, diabetes and smoking are at a higher risk of suffering from erectile dysfunction as they get older. However, this condition can be treated.read more
Your heart is the most important and vital organ of all and regulates the flow of heart to all parts of the body. Thus, the valves and the arteries which take the blood to your heart are also an important component in ensuring that the circulation is constant. Thus, any hindrance to this process will put a lot of pressure on your heart and lead to more serious problems in the long run.read more
Tuberculosis or TB is an airborne disease that mainly affects the lungs and has the potential to be fatal. People with an impaired immune system such as newborn babies, pregnant women or women who have just delivered a baby, diabetics, cancer patients and HIV positive people are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease.read more
I am Dr. Hardik Thakkar a MD physician speaking from Mumbai. Today I will be talking about monsoon-related illnesses. As we all know these are the monsoon months going on all over India and we have a lot of water coming in these four months of the year. As a result of water logging in many areas, it is a very good breeding house, the breeding ground for mosquitoes and a lot of mosquito-borne illnesses are very prevalent during that time. Most common monsoon-related illnesses are malaria and dengue fever. However these are the 3 common fevers that we see and the most striking feature of these diseases is a drop in the platelet count. So as the platelet count drops what happens is that the person complaints of rashes and if the count drops even further the patient may develop hemorrhage.
The blood does not clot in the body. One of the most dreaded complications of malaria, dengue and leptospirosis fever is called ARDS, So what happens here is there is a fluid accumulation and sometimes even blood in lungs. As a result the person cannot breathe. The oxygen exchange does not happen and he starts getting breathless. Such patients are then required to have ventilator supporter in the ICU. This is the most dreaded complication and not everybody survives successfully.
Hence, it is very important for all the patients who have symptoms of fever during the monsoon month to report to the doctor as soon as possible. So that you can be diagnosed in time and you do not develop such complications. We also have a concept of chemo-profile access where you can take a medicine to protect yourself from the disease. For example, for leptospirosis. If you live in an area where there is an epidemic of leptospirosis, we can give you doxycycline that can protect you from getting leptospirosis to begin with. For more details about this and treatment modalities you can reach me at my clinic or for an online consultation you can interact with me on the lybrate profile which you can reach through Lybrate.com
Thank you very much!read more
A very good evening to all of you. I’m Dr Hardik Thakker. An MD physician from Mumbai. Today I will be talking to you about dengue fever. This year we have had a lot of patients suffering from dengue fever, so, this is a viral infection and it is an effect. It is caused by the dengue virus. There are four types of viruses this is a den1, den2, den3, den4. So depending on the zero watts the toxicity of the dengue virus varies and is transmitted to the bite of ADEs aegypti mosquito. So we commonly see patients coming with dengue fever who have gotten a fever with chills a lot of body ache and then this is a backache so it is called as a broken bone.
Break spine fever because of this reason and there are people commonly come with low platelet counts and low WBC comes and these infections and the reason is the virus goes and affects the bone marrow and fix the spleen and these are the reasons why there is a decrease in the counts. And one of the complication dengue fever is hock wherein the BP of the person drops really low levels and they can also lead to a RDS and breathlessness so it is very important to diagnose dengue on time and get treated on time. Certain population need hospitalization especially those with low WBC counts low platelet counts people who are breathless, who have a very bad rash or who are going into shock and low BP and this disease can take a toll hence you have to act very promptly. Also once you have an infection from one COR you can still be exposed to infection to other COR’s. In short, having dengue ones does not protect you from future episodes of dengue we currently have some vaccines in the research trial right now for prevention of dengue. Hope they come to the market soon and we can use it for the general public as well. And in the meantime, one has to take care of protecting yourself from the mosquitos not to allow them to breed keep away all water collections. Keep the areas dry and use mosquito repellents for more information on dengue fever you can reach me for my online portal which is www.lybrate.com. Thank you very much.read more
A very good evening to all of you. I’m Dr Hardik Thakker. I am an MD physician and an infectious disease specialist practising in Mumbai. Today I would like to talk about pneumonia. As we know pneumonia is very common in a regular population and it is an infection of the lungs. The most common situation where you see pneumonia is in the infants or children below 12 years or in old people about 60 years especially those with diabetes and HIV especially people who have a very weak immunity. so talking about the causes how does pneumonia happen? Pneumonia is caused by different bacteria, viruses and the fungi which are found in the air. So when you inhale the air, these pathogens enter your lungs. Most of the healthy people have a good immunity and that fights of these bacteria or the virus or the fungi only those people who are immunocompromised or diabetics with high sugars or children’s who have a weaker immunity those are the people who are very susceptible to pneumonia and these are the ones who actually get it. So what happens in pneumonia, people get a fever, they get a cough, they get breathlessness and it can take a toll if not control in time. Hence it is very urgent for us recognize pneumonia on time and hospitalize the patients if required for the treatment. For more information on treating pneumonia in and for further treatment options, you can reach me for my online portal which is www.lybrate.com/HardikThakker or you can go to my own website as well. Thank you very much.read more
Few tips to Lose Weight
A very good evening to all of you. I’m Dr. Hardik Thakker, an M.D physician from Mumbai. Today I would be speaking on Five tips for losing weight.
So as you all know there is a trend for people who are overweight these days, and they want to lose weight. This can be for varied occasions, like for going for parties, or getting ready for their marriages, or just to achieve their health goals.
- So the first and the foremost health tip would be once you get up in the morning one can have a glass of water with one lemon. This is one of the best ways to boost your metabolism, because as we know, lemon is a booster, it boosts your daily basic metabolic rate and helps you to lose more calories. This is to be taken in the morning on an empty stomach.
- The second health tip would be to avoid any foods which are rich in sugars or pastries or sweets, and to prefer to have more of complex carbohydrates in every day diet.
- The third health tip would be to have at least a jog or a cardio workout every day for thirty minutes. This is again to help you lose the calories and boost your metabolism. It’s only when you lose the calories that your fat depots go down.
- The fourth tip would be to have enough of sleep because good sleep is very important for the body to rest, and to do justice to whatever workout you have done.
- And the fifth tip is to have a weight training schedule at least five times in a week. This is to build muscles, so once you have more muscle tissue it is having a higher metabolic rate and it helps you to lose fast.
For more details on weight loss options and medication that can help you to achieve your goals, you can please get back to me on my website that is www.lybrate.com, and you can access my profile from there. Thank you very much.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hardik Thakker
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Hardik ThakkerYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
My mother was diagnosed with hep c n lever cirosis,and other problems due to that..also there was challenge of treatmnt because of rheumatic desease which my mom had.he studied each fact and rightly treated her.now she is out of hep c.most imp.is 1.right understanding,right treatment and timely follow up 2.doesnt take financial advanrltages of patients under fear(like some other docs).many thanks to him!!
I was suffering from nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. It was so quite pleasant in the Multispeciality Clinic. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. I searched Dr Hardik Thakker online and saw his reviews. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. he has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but he did it immediately and started the nonalcoholic fatty liver disease treatment for it.
I remember, I read an article of Hardik Thakker in the paper and made contact. I am so much benefitted with hertreatment, that i am perfectly fine now. Hardik Thakker is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. The overall atmosphere in the Multispeciality Clinic is very soothing. I had lost hope, but the difficulty sleeping treatment given by Hardik Thakker has helped me regain my confidence. The interior of the Multispeciality Clinic was no nicely done, it was so clean. He is a very practical doctor.
I feel strange that I am suffering from diabetes. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but my Hardik Thakker guided me to change my attitude. The facilities available in the Multispeciality Clinic are very nice. On the very first day he identified my problem. I saw Hardik Thakker clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
The entire Multispeciality Clinic is very nicely designed. During the treatment, Dr Hardik Thakker supported me a lot. I was taking treatment from some other doctor but by chance, I approached him for second opinion and thank god, i did because, he treated me patiently and with least possible medication . I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Multispeciality Clinic and the treatment he provides is quite satisfactory.
I was in so much pain due to my hair loss. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. The facilities available in the Multispeciality Clinic are very nice. Whatever tests he prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. Even though Dr Hardik Thakker is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of sugar. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Dr Hardik to anyone gladly. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. The overall atmosphere in the Multispeciality Clinic is very soothing.
Dr Hardik with great ease handled my serious case. The Multispeciality Clinic is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. My lose weight treatment was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. Hardik Thakker has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. .
Dr.Thakker carries aura. Talking to him reduces your half of the pain. My case was pretty complicated. In case of queries he immediately texts back taking his time out of the busy schedule. Thanks Dr.Hardik
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Hardik Thakker, Md (Med), Ecfmg (Usa). to be knowledgeable. I have a doubt; i should add threptin to my meals or cut my meal anf have threptin instead?
One of the most skilled doctors I have met in town.... knows what he is treating and is quick in making decisions like if hospitalisation is needed or not
Dr. Hardik Thakker provides answers that are very helpful. thanks for concerning my views and also identify some points which helpful for me in future
It really served the purpose. Thanks to Dr. Hardik for being so courteous n helping me with the right treatment n guidance.
Very Good analysis of the problem .. Perfect treatment ..good response to the Queries .. Thanks U a lot Doctor Ji
Excellent service. Dr Thakker took a personal interest in ensuring I was comfortable and cared for.
Dr. Hardik Thakker, Md (Med), Ecfmg (Usa). provides answers that are knowledgeable. great doctor
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Hardik Thakker to be very helpful. Well helpful
Dr. Hardik Thakker provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks sir
Dr. Hardik Thakker provides answers that are very helpful. yes sir
Doctor is quite experienced and confident.
Good to explain each and everything
Dr is helpful & understanding
With age it becomes difficult for many men to achieve an erection and maintain it. This is known as Erectile Dysfunction. This is not necessarily related to a lowered libido. In many cases, a man may desire sex but not be able to have an erection rigid enough for intercourse. Men with a history of obesity, hypertension, diabetes and smoking are at a higher risk of suffering from erectile dysfunction as they get older. However, this condition can be treated.
24274Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.
- Probiotics and vaccination are available for certain infections such as URTIs, Adenoviruses and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Best prevention is to boost your immune system.
The human body is able to move fluidly because there are various joints, muscles, tendons and cartilages that work together to make this happen. Movements of the hands, legs, back, hips, knees and wrists are controlled this way. For various reasons, however, these tissues grow stiff, thereby, reducing free movement. Any movement causes pain and stiffness and swelling of the joints, which forces the patient to reduce physical activity. This reduced activity further leads to the joints becoming stiff, thus putting the patient in a difficult position.
What causes it?
The ends of the bone are covered by softer tissue called cartilage, which is responsible for allowing the free movement. In patients with osteoarthritis, this cartilage is lost and the bones rub against each other, producing pain and a crackling sound with the movement. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- Age is the most common cause for osteoarthritis, with lifestyle habits playing a major role in this condition. Most joints would be affected here.
- Obesity is another major cause for osteoarthritis, as the additional weight of the person puts extra pressure on the knees and the legs, leading to the wearing of the joints. The back and lower extremities are more affected than the hands in this case.
- Joint injuries are another common cause for osteoarthritis, which is more localised to the area of injury.
What are the signs and symptoms?
As noted already, painful movement is the most common symptom of osteoarthritis. There could also be swelling and redness around the affected joint(s).
Diagnosis: The doctor will usually be able to identify osteoarthritis after an examination, but in some cases, an X-ray or MRI may be required to confirm the diagnosis.
The treatment for osteoarthritis is multipronged.
- For immediate relief of the pain, non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs are used. In cases of localised symptoms, even topical creams or gels may be used.
- Weight loss is extremely essential, if there is obesity that is causing the osteoarthritis.
- Vitamins and supplements in good amounts can improve bone health and help in preventing and reversing the damage in some patients.
- Heat therapy has proven to be quite useful in many cases to provide temporary relief
- As much as the movement of the joints is painful for the patient, it is only with regular exercise that the joints can be made more flexible and mobile.
- The affected joints need to be specially cared for by avoiding injury and reducing unnecessary movements.
- Role of physiotherapy in the management of OA - Strengthening exercises, Taping, Manual therapy, Education/lifestyle changes, Modalities, Agility and perturbation training.
- The definitive therapy of OA is joint replacement (total/partial knee/hip joint replacement).
In addition, support groups and counselling may also help significantly in patients who find their quality of life being reduced due to this condition. Remember, not all is lost with osteoarthritis. It is definitely possible to get your life back to its earlier days when you were able to move about freely.
Your heart is the most important and vital organ of all and regulates the flow of heart to all parts of the body. Thus, the valves and the arteries which take the blood to your heart are also an important component in ensuring that the circulation is constant. Thus, any hindrance to this process will put a lot of pressure on your heart and lead to more serious problems in the long run.
I am Dr. Hardik Thakker, Internal Medicine Specialist, today I will talk about TB. It is very common infection in India. It is caused by Mycobacterium TB. It effects different parts of the body. The most common part is effected are lungs. Patient comes with the fever, cough of 2-3 weeks. Sometimes patient even complain of the weight loss and the blood in sputum.
TB can also effect the brain. TB can also effect genital urinary and bones also. Sometimes patient is not able to make any movements. Patient also have weakness in the legs which is called paraplegia. Nowadays TB is very easily treated.
Types of TB: Common TB and MDR TB. MDR TB is bit difficult to treat. So, if you have any symptoms, you should immediately consult a Dr. TB is very common in patients who have HIV. So, you should always get tested for HIV.
For any help or query, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Allergies are a reaction of your immune system to any foreign matter, such as pet dander, pollen or bee venom, and not everyone is affected in the same way.
Antibodies are substances produced by your immune system to protect you from harmful invaders that can cause infections or make you ill.
The immune system produces antibodies when it comes into contact with allergens. Your immune system can recognise any allergen as threatening even if it’s not. As a result, your skin, airways, digestive system or sinus gets inflamed.
Allergies can vary greatly in severity—from mild irritations to anaphylaxis (a likely life-threatening emergency). Allergies are mostly incurable; however, there are various treatments available to alleviate allergy symptoms.
Common triggers of allergy include:
Airborne allergens, such as mould, dust mites, animal dander and pollen.
Insect bites, such as wasp stings or bee stings.
Medications, specifically penicillin-based antibiotics or penicillin.
Latex, or any allergen you touch, causes skin infections.
Symptoms of allergy depend on its type.
Symptoms of food allergy include:
An allergy caused by insect stings can manifest in symptoms such as:
A drug allergy can lead to symptoms such as:
Atopic dermatitis (skin allergy) symptoms include:
Peeling or flaky skin
Treatments of allergy include:
Avoiding Allergens: Your doctor can help you take necessary steps to recognise and avoid the allergens that trigger allergies. This is usually the most relevant step in the prevention of allergic reactions and reduction of symptoms.
Medicines to Lower Symptoms: Eye drops, nasal sprays or oral medications are commonly prescribed to reduce reactions and alleviate symptoms.
Immunotherapy: If the allergy is severe or other treatments fail to relieve symptoms, allergen immunotherapy is recommended. In this treatment, you get injected by a number of clarified allergen extracts over the years.
- Emergency Epinephrine: If your allergy is severe, your doctor will provide you with an emergency epinephrine shot that you can carry with you everywhere.
If you have numbness or tingling sensation in your feet, then you could be suffering from diabetic peripheral neuropathy. It can have an impact on your sleep, mood and overall quality of life. Besides taking the prescribed medications, there are effective ways of dealing with foot pain stemming from high blood sugar as explained below.
- Taking over-the-counter medicines: Medicines such as aspirin, naproxen, acetaminophen and ibuprofen can help to serve mild to moderate pain stemming from diabetic nerve damage. But before taking these medicines, you should consult with an expert since they can raise the risk of heart attack and kidney problems.
- Quit smoking: Smoking may cause the blood vessels to constrict and impair the circulation. This indicates that the peripheral nerves will not get an adequate amount of nutrient-rich blood which can pave the way for more pain.
- Have control over your blood sugar levels: With the passage of time, the excess blood sugar levels can cause damage the peripheral nerves. When you have blood sugar levels within a healthy range, you can substantially reduce your risk of nerve damage. You should eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and low-fat dairy and whole grains.
- Take more Vitamin D: Even though it is hard to get the desired 600 IU of this vitamin from food, you can get it in the form of supplement. A study found that people with diabetic neuropathy can take the supplement once in a week to curb the symptoms of feet pain. Vitamin B complex plays a crucial role in improving nerve health. You should get it in right amounts so that the brain can produce certain chemicals which are required for sending information through the body channels.
- Take Alpha-lipoic acid supplement: The human body has the natural ability to produce little amounts of antioxidants. When you take them in recommended quantities it can regulate the blood sugar levels and ease the pain in the feet and palms. A per a study, people taking more than 600 milligrams of antioxidants on a regular basis experienced 19 percent improvement in the diabetic neuropathy symptoms within 5 weeks.
- Indulge in daily workouts: Regular workout can help you to combat pain in a variety of ways. It can regulate the blood sugar levels and slow down nerve damage. Exercise can surge the flow of blood to the legs and arms and it can also enliven your mood and offer relief from stress.
Note that a nerve damage can lead to loss of sensation in the feet which means that you may not realize any cut or scratch in your feet until much later which could prove fatal. Hence it is essential for you to prevent the loss of sensation. Using the methods suggested above you can deal with the foot pain related to diabetes.
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma,infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency(GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.
Insulin is critical for the overall functioning of the body, specifically when you are insulin resistant, and the body is compelled to store the food consumed as fat. Insulin resistance also leads to inflammation in the body leading to a host of health issues that anyone would not be prepared to deal with. Therefore, always look for means to improve insulin.
Here are some of these practical ways to accomplish it.
- Strength training and other non-aerobic activities: Exercise is the best way to improve insulin sensitivity since your cells and muscles are desperate for fuels during as well as after completion of the workout. Researchers are of the opinion that all sorts of physical activity are helpful but non-aerobic exercises can have the best impact on insulin health.
- Cook to increase resistant starch: Whenever you eat anything with high carbohydrate, it will readily increase your blood sugar levels. Carbohydrates rich in resistant starch fail to respond to the normal enzymes in the stomach which can help with improving insulin sensitivity.
- Avoid liquid fructose: Liquid fructose leads to fat gain around the abdomen and is connected to belly fat gain when taken in large quantities. Along with eradicating all the fructose containing beverages, you should also eliminate highly processed foods.
- Make sure you get enough magnesium: Magnesium is a mineral required for improving insulin sensitivity since it functions as natural insulin sensitizer which can exert positive effects on the insulin receptors in every cell of the body.
- Balance the healthy fatty acids: You should avoid trans-fatty acids since they can lead to plaque formation. Moreover, you must reduce the intake of processed oils and get more Omega fatty acids.
- Make healthy choices: Foods which can help in improving the body’s ability to store the carbs as muscle glycogen should be taken more often. These include green tea, vinegar, nuts and all sorts of herbs and spices.
- Include foods that can reduce the glycemic levels: This means that you should choose whole foods rather than refined foods since they can help in slow surging of the blood sugar intake. This gives the body a chance to regulate the insulin efficiently instead raising the blood sugar levels.
- Indulge in endurance exercises: If you prefer endurance training, it can have a good effect on your insulin sensitivity. Endurance training can improve insulin sensitivity which decreases the requirement of insulin for clearing a considerable amount of glucose from the bloodstream.
Insulin is a vital hormone which can control your blood sugar levels. It secreted by the pancreas and help in removing the sugar in the blood. With these 8 simple lifestyle and dietary changes, you can improve the insulin utilization in your body.
5 signs your body is lacking in water
Water is indispensable for the human body as 90% of the brain and almost 60 per cent of an adult body is chiefly made up of water. Water is just as important as any of your meals. Each cell and organ depends on water for its proper functioning and for flushing out toxins and fats from the body. An average man must consume roughly 3 litres (10-12 glasses) of water per day; and a woman requires about 2.5 litres (8-10 glasses). If you're not meeting this requirement, you might be fall prey to dehydration.
The state of water deficiency or dehydration can be determined through various symptoms. Read on to know the 5 most common signs:
1. The colour of your urine is dark
The colour of your urine indicates your health. The lesser the water you drink, the darker is the colour of your pee. If your urine is pale yellow, you drink a sufficient amount of water. If it's dark yellow and concentrated, it's a sign for you to refill on water. Also, if you haven't urinated for more than two hours, you should immediately gulp 2 glasses of water.
2. You experience frequent headaches
Headaches are often caused by dehydration when the pressure from your blood vessels falls. Dehydration makes it tough for your heart to pump enough oxygen to the brain. Drinking sufficient amounts of water ensures the flow of oxygen in your body.
3. You feel dizzy and fatigued
Lack of water can often lead to laziness and restlessness. It may also cause a rapid change in your blood pressure. Low or high blood pressures are stimulants of fatigue. Water gives you instant energy that wakes up your whole system, thus making you feel revitalised.
4. You have constipated bowel movements
Water is one of the top natural remedies for constipation or troubled bowel movements. If your fluid intake is low, you're likely to have stomach, gastric and bowel problems. The digestive system depends on water to help food move through both the intestines. It checks the functions of the digestive tract, while also keeping it flexible and clean.
5. You experience brain fogs and blackouts
Your brain cells and nerves react severely to water loss. You may start feeling a lack of concentration along with temporary memory loss. Blackouts and fogs are common when you have a deficit of water. You might even experience difficulty in carrying out cognitive tasks.
If you're experiencing similar issues, you must enhance your daily water intake. You can try carrying a sipper around, which allows you to keep a tab on your water consumption. To relish water as a refreshing beverage, you can infuse freshly chopped fruits and herbs in a pitcher of chilled water. This flavoured water also cleanses your body of all toxins and chemicals, thus keeping you fresh.