Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Hakesh BadeYour feedback matters!
What is skin cancer. What are its symptoms. What are the precautions to be taken by a person suffering from skin cancer?
Gynecological cancer is any tumor that begins in a woman’s reproductive organs. Cancer is usually named after the part of the body where it begins. Gynecologic cancer starts in different areas within a woman’s pelvis, which is the territory beneath the stomach and in the middle of the hipbones. There are different types of gynecological cancers and these are as follows:
- Cervical cancer starts in the cervix, which is the lower, narrower end of the uterus. The uterus is also called the womb.
- Ovarian cancer starts in the ovaries, which are situated on each side of the uterus.
- Uterine cancer starts in the uterus, the pear-shaped organ in a woman's pelvis where the child develops when a lady is pregnant.
- Vaginal cancer starts in the vagina, which is the empty, tube-like channel between the base of the uterus and ends as the vaginal opening.
- Vulvar cancer starts in the vulva, the external part of the female genital organs.
Signs and symptoms of the above-mentioned gynecologic cancers can be very vague; however, there are a few issues each lady needs to know about and look for. The following are some of the common symptoms of different gynecological cancer:
- Swollen leg (ordinarily happens in one leg and comes with pain or discharge)
- Irregular vaginal bleeding (particularly in a lady who has experienced menopause)
- Unexplained weight loss
- Consistent bladder weight or increased urination
- Loss of appetite, while always feeling full
- Pelvic or stomach pain
- Bloated stomach
- Consistent weakness
- Compelling, sudden onset bloating
- Trouble eating or feeling full rapidly
- Urinary indications (urge or recurrence)
- Vaginal draining or spotting after menopause
- New onset of heavy flow during periods or bleeding between two-period cycles
- A watery pink or white discharge from the vagina
- Two or more weeks of steady pain in the lower abdomen or pelvic region
- Pain during sex
- A red, pink or white bump that has a crude or wart-like surface
- A white area that feels unpleasant and rough
- Continuous itching
- Pain or a smoldering feeling while urinating
- Bleeding and discharge not connected with monthly cycle
- An open sore or ulcer that lasts over a month
A large portion of the symptoms connected with gynecologic cancers may occur due to other reasons every once in a while, which may make us ignore them. It is vital to be tuned into your body and pay consideration on any progressions. In case you see new side effects that are happening every day for more than a couple of weeks, this can be an indication of gynecological cancer. Try not to worry. Make sure to go for regular check-ups at your gynecologist. If you feel that the aforementioned symptoms are persistent, seek medical attention.
My father's weight is 78. His age is 60. He is trying to reduce his weight but can't.plz suggest proper diet plan for him. What should he eat? In early morning, lunch,in the evening and dinner. He has little bit of thyroid problem, little bit uric acid, too much gas problem. His pressure is normal. He has been suffering from prostate enlargement problem since his childhood. What should he do to reduce urine problem?
I am 19 years old, female. I am having serious pricking sensation all over the body for quite some months. Like sometime head, fingers,legs, hands, neck then the other moment is in lower abdomen. I seriously can't predict when and where the next moment it gonna pain or choke. I got lump on head and when I consulted a doctor about the head's lump. He said it to be cause of oil gland. Neurologist And now I got lump on my breast bone. I got the pricking and choking sensation in my heart and breast. I seriously don't know what I am going through. I have no idea which department should I see and consult a doctor. I will be very thankful if you gonna help me. Thanking you.
Hello sir my father is paralyzed and prostate problem. He is on catheter. Now he is not able to pass urine. What can I do this time. I can change the catheter or doing something else. Reply me fast. Thanks.
I am 63years old. 2 years ago I was operated for Prostate. What precautions should I follow? secondly, is sex advisable if so average time. Can I take ayurvedic medicines to enhance sex/erection. I didn't indulged in sex since operation but masturbated about twice or once in a month fearing I may loose sex desire or fail getting erection.
I am 67 years old man. I am taking Urimax F, any side effects and does it cure my prostate problem. I go 3 or 4 times to bathroom in the night.
I'm 52. I feel usually.- drowsiness, weakness, depression, vertigo, chronic amoebic colitis, bronchial allergy, bronchitis, uti, prostat problem, minor headache etc, Please advise.
I am 46 Year Old Male. I have small ill-defined, iso-hypoechoic area in right lobe of lever. Same thing was detected three years back also. I have no problem/pain and is normal healthy. My LFT report is also normal. What could be the reason for this, and what is treatment.
My mom had breast cancer and she was operated on the left breast and the doctor said her lymph node were positive Now I would like to ask you Doctor that her left hand is swollen and I would like to know how to reduce the swelling and the pain in her hand because of the swelling.
Are you suffering from cancer?? Your diet plays an important part when you are a undergoing cancer treatment. There are several types of food items, which are actually beneficial for healing cancer. By including these items in your regular diet, there are chances of better healing. Here are 10 food items that help in healing cancer:
- Green leafy vegetables: You must consume green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, collard greens, kale, watercress and arugula salad as they contain vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants. Also they are low in calories, sodium, fat and toxins and are a storehouse of antibacterial plus antiviral components, which inactivate carcinogens and help in killing program cancer cells. The formation of tumor is prevented. The chemicals turn into biological compounds and break down cancer cells.
- Cruciferous vegetables: These vegetables are capable cancer killers and are rich in vitamin C. All vegetables belonging to the brassica family of cruciferous vegetables contain isothiocyanates, which help in the prevention of cancer. Vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower also contain sulforaphanes and indoles, which protect the DNA structure.
- Berries: Berries contain antioxidants and proanthocyanidin antioxidants. These are capable of reducing free-radical damage. You should add blueberries, strawberries, goji berries and cherries to your diet.
- Fresh herbs and spices: Turmeric contains curcumin, which helps in reducing the tumor size and fighting breast and colon cancer. Its properties help in fighting inflammation. Other herbs such as ginger, garlic, oregano, basil and parsley help in boosting the body’s immunity.
- Organic meats: Organic meats such as chicken or beef liver are considered effective for cancer patients. This is because they are dense in nutrient content and contain vitamin B12 in high quantity. Consuming organic meat helps in the cleansing of your liver and removing toxins from the digestive tract.
- Cultured dairy products: Cultured dairy products contain probiotics or good bacteria. These help in promoting a natural bacterial balance in the intestinal microflora and increasing immunity. These food products prevent tumor growth and help with cell regeneration. You should have raw milk products like yoghurt, cheese and kefir.
- Nuts and seeds: Chia seeds and flax seeds provide omega-3 fatty acids and important minerals. Hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds are also essential for a cancer patient.
- Healthy unrefined oils: Oils such as coconut, flax, extra-virgin olive oil and cod-liver oil nourish the gut and your immune functions are boosted.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are of different types and offer different benefits. In general, all mushrooms increase a body’s immunity to fight with cancer. You should add reishi, maitake and cordyceps mushrooms to your diet.
For consuming an ideal diet, which comprises cancer preventing and cancer-fighting foods, you should consult a dietitian.
The above food help in prevention and recovery from cancer. In any case, rest is equally important and also fluids. Diet to regular chemo session, one might feel anorexic with persistent nausea, so having them in small portions in advisable. One can opt for organic versions of these, to ensure good quality. Try avid consuming them absolutely raw, stir fry, boiled are some recommendable methods. Cancer can be patience testing disease to cope up with it best is to have a positive attitude for better recovery.
My wife have a lump in left breast but we don't know is this a cancer or not please help me to know whether it is a cancer or simply a lump.
Can vitamin and mineral supplements prevent cancer and Will eating red and processed meat give me cancer?
I'm 61 years my diabetes is under control I have done sonography of whole abdomen and found that prostate gland is enlarged in size, 4.6 x3. 7x3. 6 cms in size Post-void residue size seen=6 cc Prostate volume=33. 0 cc Prostate weight approx =36.3 gms Pls let me know what to do I have taken flodart plus for three month now pls suggest me. During night time l have to pass urine three to four times.
My father have mouth cancer on 3 rd stage, now he is taking medicine from aims Dr. BT no more relief, what should I do.
According to the American Cancer Society and Colon Cancer Alliance, colon cancer, which is also referred to as colorectal cancer is regarded as the third most commonly diagnosed type of cancer, as well as the second most important reason of cancer deaths in the U.S. affecting both men and women. But thankfully, colon cancer can be prevented by changing the food habits. It is also important to get regular screenings through colonoscopy, which will help you to determine the early or precancerous stage that can be treated with the removal of cancerous cells.
Colorectal cancer is deemed to be cancer, related to the food habits and it can be prevented by correcting the same. Here are the top ways through which you can help your condition naturally:
Reduce the amount of red meat consumption: Health studies reveal that people who eat red meat on a regular basis are more prone to developing colon cancer. This is because the chemicals required to digest this food damage the DNA material which in turn is the main reason behind the cause of cancer.
Increase the amount of garlic intake: By consuming more garlic, you can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, particularly those of the gastrointestinal tract. Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can block the pathway of cancer causing elements and boost the repair as well as reduce the proliferation of cells. It is also high in selenium and sodium content which are beneficial for the overall health.
Consume all types of plant antioxidants: The bright-coloured fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and spices, can greatly contribute to adding a wide array of antioxidants in your regular diet. Foods that are rich in antioxidants include carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, cabbage, turmeric, sage, rosemary, saffron, purple and red grapes.
Cook foods in sesame oil: The many health benefits of sesame seeds are due to its nutritional content, including vitamins, minerals, natural oils, and organic compounds which consist of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, zinc, fiber, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, protein, and tryptophan.
Increase the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids: It has been reported by several types of research that a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the occurrence of colon cancer and therefore you must eat a lot of salmon, cod, mackerel and sardines for decreasing the pro-inflammatory levels in your body.
Go For Ayurvedic Panchakarma Therapy: Panchakarma is the ultimate mind-body healing experience for detoxifying the body, strengthening the immune system and restoring balance and well-being. It is one the most effective healing modality in Ayurvedic Medicine. It promotes Detoxification and Rejuvenation. It is recommended on a seasonal basis, as well as when an individual feels out of balance or is experiencing illness. According to Ayurveda, good health depends upon our capability to fully metabolize all aspects of life, assimilating that which nourishes and eliminating the rest. When we can’t completely digest our food, experiences, and emotions, toxins accumulate in our bodily tissues, creating imbalance and – ultimately – disease. Panchakarma is an elegant cleansing process that releases stored toxins and restores the body’s innate healing ability.
These few alterations to your food habits can greatly help you in preventing colon cancer and you can consult your doctor for a detailed analysis and recommendation based on your individual health condition.