Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H.S GujarYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor! I am ashwini Reddy. I am going through pigmentation specially my forehead. There is any permanent solution for this? Its my wedding in the month of June. I am really worried. Pls advise what ll be the best treatment for pigmentation.
My face skin is black and other skin is medium white to quick may face skin black to white easy step to remove?
I have dark colour at ma finger where the nail just starts. Whats the reason? Nd how to get rid of that? And how can I get rid of the darknesson ma lips?
I had mark after waxing my upper lip so I used no scars cream and my skin where I used to apply it got fairer than my real skin so what can I do so please tell me some "home remedies" to cure it plzz home remedies.
My cousin develops oil drops on face from 2 hour after washing the face due to face look oily .and she also have small visible pores on the face. Suggest her some good face wash and other ways to prevent it?
Please suggest me any cream or medicine for hard and rough skin. How to be fair and have a glowing face?
Hello I am trying to conceive from last 3 months. Yesterday (before 2 days of period) I am having pink and brown spotting without clogs. What it means or indicates?
Since 3 days I feeling weak as I could not go outside and my skin started to get patch what should I do?
I am having dark spots (pigmentation) on my face. Did so many things in last 4-5 years but of no benefit, still persists.
Holi is one of the most enjoyable festivals in India. It is one that everyone looks forward to and is usually known as the festival of colours because we use colours and coloured water to douse our friends and family in a great display of pomp and show. Also, we tend to get doused and remain that way for many hours, mostly in the sun. As such, Holi can also take a toll on our skin by causing discolouration, rashes and insensitivity. So what should one do in order to avoid coming down with bad skin the day after Holi? Here are our secrets, which will leave you with shining skin even after you have had a great time at the festivities!
- Hydration: It is very important to keep yourself well hydrated before you plunge into the festivities. Remember to drink lots of water and ensure that you have a bottle in hand so that you can easily fill up on fluids even as you enjoy yourself with all the sun rays and the colours. This will ensure that your skin does not become too dry.
- Full sleeve clothing: Another good idea to keep your skin protected is to wear full-sleeved clothing so that you do not tan indiscriminately and you do not end up with too much discolouration and rashes on your skin. Wear light fabrics that will dry fast so that the water does not get absorbed by the clothing and into your skin. This will keep your skin relatively dry, even if you enjoy yourself for hours at an end. Avoid synthetics clothes and denim as they would stick to your skin.
- Organic colours: With the whole world going the organic way, why should our Indian festivals remain behind? So, you can now opt for organic colours that have been produced in a safe way with safe ingredients. These natural pigments will ensure that you do not have to scrub and endure rashes and irritation after the festival. It is a good idea to opt for such colours, which can be washed off easily and are bereft of synthetic materials that can harm the skin in the long run. This can also help in avoiding problems like eczema and other skin conditions.
- Oil your hair: India is a land of rich cosmetic tradition. No matter which direction you look in, you will always find that you have a weapon of choice in terms of oils and other ingredients that are absolutely great for keeping your skin and hair in good shape. So our advice is to oil your hair well, preferably with coconut oil, olive oil, or vitamin E oil, so that the colours and the water does not get absorbed onto your scalp. This will also help in keeping your hair moisturised as the colours can make the strands very dry. Always oil the whole body before playing holi.
- Lips: Apply plenty of lip balm before joining the play of colours.
- Nails: Apply a thick coat of dark nail paint before Holi.
It is important that you must apply oil behind your ears, between your finger tips and even near your fingernails. It is ideal that you don't wax or thread or do any facial treatment, at least, three-four days ahead of Holi. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.