Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H.S GujarYour feedback matters!
Hello I am sixteen years old I am not satisfied with my colour I can not use any creams without doctors prescription mine is normal colour what should I do to become fair please help out with this.
Hi I am suffering from cracked heels. And this too much painful sometime blood is coming out from crack. Can you please give me best cream/lotion for this issue?
My elbows and knees are terribly black and it looks awkward. Can I know what to apply room make it fair as it can match my skin. Please help me with this as what to apply. Any ointment or natural ayurveda treatment etc.
I have shin problem like. Small small holes on the chick. How to clear that damaged cell on the face sir or madam.
Hi I just wanted to know as my colour is dark and I want to improve it by making it a bit more fair. I just read about a whitening product name RAYDANCE SKIN WHITENING. Just wanted to know if any doctor have idea about it or should I use it or not.
I am 24 year old. I am suffering from skin disease in my private area like inner thigh and crotch area. Can you sugest some remedy.
I have tan problem on my face. What to do to prevent tan on my face, I have used types of facial creams to prevent it. But of no use. Please suggest me one good option to it.,
How to get rid of hyper pigmentation effectively
If you are having a difference in your skin tone or patches on your skin, you might be suffering from hyper pigmentation. In this article you will find all about hyper pigmentation, like (i) what hyper pigmentation is? (ii) what causes hyper pigmentation; and finally (iii) how to get rid of hyper pigmentation naturally.
Hyper pigmentation is not a serious medical condition, but it makes you look old. It's very disturbing and embarrassing when one has dark patches and uneven skin tone. Skin pigmentation can occur to anyone regardless of one's gender, race or age. It's not difficult to treat and get flawless skin.
What is hyper pigmentation?
Mostly there are two types of pigmentation abnormalities that can happen:
I) Hyper pigmentation: It's usually a harmless condition and described as darkening of certain areas of skin, which happens due to overproduction of melanin or pigment. It looks like brown or tan spots on the skin. This is also sometimes called as melasma.
(ii) hypo pigmentation: on the other hand hypo pigmentation is a condition when the melanin or pigmentation production is slowed down and patches of lighter skin or whiter in color appears.
Hyper pigmentation treatments
There are several treatments available, like over-the-counter creams, chemical peels, laser treatment, etc. For fast recovery. If your condition is serious, we suggest that you consult a dermatologist. It is also a good idea to visit a dermatologist before selecting any of the over-the-counter skin pigmentation remedies. However, for those who don't want to go for expensive, harsh or chemical loaded products, here are some natural remedies, which are quite effective and use only the natural ingredients available in the kitchen.
Home remedies to reduce skin pigmentation
1. Potato: potatoes are well known to remove skin pigmentation, dark spots and blemishes. Rub gently a freshly cut slice of potato on the affected areas of your skin every day. Alternatively, mix potato juice with fuller earth and apply this daily to remove pigmentation.
2. Lemon juice and honey: mix lemon juice and pure organic honey in equal proportions. Apply over the affected areas. Whereas lemon acts as natural bleach, the honey has moisturizing properties. However, as lemon is acidic so avoid this remedy in case you are having sensitive skin.
3. Aloe vera juice or aloe vera juice + vitamin e: aloe vera has natural soothing and healing properties. Squeeze out aloe vera gel from an aloe vera leaf and store this in a bottle in refrigerator. Apply this gel over the affected areas for 20 minutes. It works to slough off older skin cells and regenerate the newer ones. To enhance its effectiveness break one vitamin e capsule and add its contents to the gel.
4. Milk and honey: mix milk and honey. You may also add a little curd to this. Milk and curd have lactic acid which works to slough off the affected skin cells, leaving behind fresh skin. This natural remedy helps in reducing skin pigmentation.
5. Cucumber juice: cucumber juice is an effective home remedy in removing skin pigmentation, lightening dark spots and fading blemishes. Apply the cucumber juice alone or mix it with honey and lemon juice in equal proportions. Apply this over the affected areas, regularly once a day, for half an hour and then wash it off.
6. Orange peel: mix dry, powdered orange peel with cold milk (un-skimmed and un-boiled) and a little honey to make out a thick paste. Apply it gently over the pigmented skin and patches; let it sit there for half an hour then wash it off.
7. Tomato, oatmeal and yogurt: tomato acts as natural bleach. Yogurt also works as natural bleach and has skin tightening properties. Oatmeal works as a natural scrubber.
Squeeze out tomato juice and add 2 tsp. Of oatmeal and 1/2 tsp. Of yogurt. Apply this mixture gently on the pigmented skin areas and let it sit for 20 minutes to dry and then wash it off. This mixture works as an effective home remedy for removing skin pigmentation. Try this remedy daily to see the positive results.
Hii sir this is nsgendra actually I have a black spot on my nose when I was using cream it will gon and when I was stop applying cream it will be coming again what will I do.
I am 28 years, I used" Clobetasol Propionate and Neomycin Sulphate cream" fore fairness any side effect.
It is a well-documented fact in medical science that the ultraviolet rays and radiation have been considered as too carcinogenic for humans. This is a fact that has been endorsed by the World Health Organisation (WHO). These rays can causes a number of skin problems ranging from premature aging to skin cancer in case a person is exposed to the sun for prolonged periods of time. Read this article to know how sun exposure can put your aging process on the fast track.
- All about UV Radiation: UV or ultraviolet radiation is found in the sunlight which travels to the Earth in the form of electromagnetic waves. This radiation passes through the ozone layers with the sunlight and gets absorbed as waves of energy that one cannot physically see or feel. So, if we were to avoid wearing protective clothing, hats and sunscreen, then we would be exposed to these harmful rays. Aging is the number one form of damage that can be caused due to these UV rays which are also classified as UVA or UVB. These rays are the number one cause of premature aging, while smoking comes in a close second.
- Skin Cells: The UV rays basically have an adverse effect on the skin cells which can also spread to the DNA in our skin. This can have a negative effect on the protective functions of our skin which in turn, affects the way our dead skin cells get replenished. It can also affect the production of collagen which is the chemical that keeps our skin supple and young looking. It also has a bearing on how many other chemicals are produced in our body. Over production of certain chemicals can also spell doom and lead to premature aging and pigmentation. Melanin is one such chemical which can cause deep tanning and pigmentation if it is present in large quantities - a problem faced mainly due to sun exposure.
- Photoaging: When the sun damages our skin due to prolonged exposure, this can be termed as photoaging in medical terms. This also signifies the loss of the skin's ability to repair itself due to repeated episodes of being in the sun without ample protection, which can impair the collagen production as mentioned above. This will result in a loss of skin elasticity which in turn, will lead to sagging skin.
- Skin Changes: The changes in the skin will get tattooed onto the skin's memory which will retain its leathery texture that would be a result of too much sun exposure over time. This can also lead to premature aging.
Always step out with plenty of protection and do not stay in the Sun for too long in order to avoid this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.