Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I did a follicular study on 11 day Follicle size left ovary 16*10 mm What does 16 and 10 mean please explain.
Hi, I am 24 years female unmarried I am suffering from irregular periods ,my period never come on time at age 11 my first period started and from that time only my periods was for one month after consulting doctor and taking medicine my periods started coming on time and for 6 to 7 days but that was very much pain full and for that doctor use to give me "position" medicine and I was taking that only then from 2011 my periods problem again started now the problem was that my period was not coming on time I miss my period for every 2 to 3 month gap for that I again consulted to doctor she told me to go for ultrasound and the report as usual always comes normal, many time doctor prescribed me for ultrasound and in that the reports are normal after that she used to give me" regestrone "medicine after taking that my period come on time but again this missing period problem started for that many times I have been taking that regestrone medicine in result I put on lots of weight and then I stopped all that medicine now I am taking ayurveda medicine from 1 year till now I am taking ayurveda medicine but my period problem is not been solved I am still taking ayurvedic medicine and period is not coming for 2to 3 month, I am very much tensed ,doctors are telling that I will might get problem in conceiving. What to do so that my period come on time without taking any medicine.
How to prevent pregnancy without use of condom or any other contraceptive method or any intake of tablets.
My son is 9 months old. He had suddenly stopped drinking breast milk, dint noe the reason. Later found out he had blisters in his mouth due 2 wch he was refusing 2 suckle. He dint take milk 4 almost 4 days, due 2 wch milk supply has reduced. If he start sucking again, will it increase? How cn I increase my milk production?
My wife is a pregnant of 9 months. What she should follow things, how the diet should be, how the exercise should be. Kindly guide us with appropriate feedback to have a healthy normal delivery.? Thanks in advance.
Hello Dr. I am under medication for thyroid and pcod for past 4 months, even after medication I didn't feel any difference. After medication for pcod I am getting my periods on time do I have any cure from this disease or I should be under medication for life long. Kindly reply me.
Dear sir/mam I had sex with two person last week without having the protection, so what are the chances that I will be pregnant, and is their anything to worry, as I had sex with two person without taking any precaution,
Im 25 years old. I have tsh 6.32 taking eltroxin 50 mcg. Got married. Will I get pregnancy? R will b any complications? My weight is 58 kgs height is 5.4 feet. What care should I take to get proper pregnancy.
Hi. I have an issue with intercourse. My sperm comes out after I ejaculate inside my wife vagina. We got married 5 months back and she is yet to get pregnant. We are desperately trying for a baby.
I'm trying to get pregnant I'm ovulating on 16th of every month. When I should have sex with my husband? Nd I need baby .
My mother aged 52 years is having small uterine fibroids which is causing her problems such as irregular periods also periods not stopping. Please suggest what to do. Should I get her operated or medicines will help. Please suggest a good doctor or hospital in Kolkata.
I am 24 year old girl. My breasts are looking too large. Wearing shall is not comfortable for me. So please suggest any other solution for freely doing my work.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.