Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gunwanyi Surya Kant ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old. I usually have menses on 14 of each month. But this time I had very slight bleeding on 6 Jan only for some hours then it completely stopped and again came on 8 Jan for few hours after which it didn't appear again. I was expecting complete periods (3 days in my case) around 14 Jan but it didn't happen. What should I infer from this? Is the bleeding for few hours on 6 & 8 Jan can be considered as menses? Please help. Please suggest me some medicines to have complete periods.
Hi doc. My sis is 27 n she loving a divorced men who's 39 now and she willing to marry him. And both r in love from 4 yrs, can they have a happy marriage life we are worried.
How to have safe sex? Without getting fertilized. Safe to both partner and continue with safe remedies.
I am 22 years old women why my periods in not happening in time it becomes late and my hemoglobin is 9.2 why its happening?
Age 38 yrs, 8 months marriage unable to conceive. doctor advised for follicular study, 14th day follicle ruptured of size 18×16 mm, AMH 7.2ng/ml, estradiol 60. 16pg/ml on 3rd day what is the problem in me? Can I conceive or not?
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.
Are you looking for an ideal detox diet? Detoxing does much more than making your skin glow and your eyes sparkle. It boosts your energy levels, improves your digestive system and also helps you with weight loss. A detox diet contains no grains, no milk, no alcohol, and no sugar. A detox plan aims at taking the load off the organs which detoxify your body, such as the kidneys, liver, and bowel. There are several things you should keep in mind before undertaking a detox diet.
How to start?
You should undertake a detox diet when you have a long break from events and occasions which might disrupt your detox diet, such as parties, weddings, and birthdays. You may experience a cleansing reaction during the first few days of the detox diet, like loose bowel movements and headaches. This happens because of the abrupt withdrawal of some food items from your diet.
Food you should avoid
While on a detox diet, there are several food items you should avoid. They include milk products, sugar, maple syrup, honey, artificial sweeteners, coffee, alcohol, dried fruit, and grains such as wheat, barley, oats, rice, and barley.
Food you should take
Here are the food products which should be a part of your detox diet:
- All kinds of fresh fruits
- All kinds of fresh vegetables
- Fresh fish or fish canned in olive oil or water
- Lean red meat and chicken
- Legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, and kidney beans
- Organic eggs
- Unprocessed coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil
- Nuts such as walnuts, cashews, macadamias, and unsalted almonds
- Seeds like pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds
- White tea, green tea
- 1 to 3 liters of water every day
Seven day detox plan
- You should start your day in the morning with lemon juice, which is good for cleansing your system and kick starting digestion.
- During detox, you should exercise for an hour regularly. Vigorous exercise is required, which increases your circulation and lymph flow for helping you sweat out toxins.
- Consume raw food items as they contain more enzymes and nutrients.
- You also need to detoxify your mind. You should meditate for at least 15 minutes every day. You can also try belly breathing.
- Drinking lots of water is very important during a detox diet. This helps in moving the lymphs and supporting detoxification from your kidneys.
- It is important to chew your food properly. You should chew a mouthful of food for about 10 to 12 times before swallowing it. You should avoid a detox diet if you are pregnant, have high blood pressure, are underweight, or if you are an elderly person. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!