Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. GulchandaniYour feedback matters!
My left hand in some Susan and pain is continuous and eye problem when water in contact then red occurs.
My left eye power is -1.75 and right eye power is. 50. Is there any way to restore my eye back to normal.
My eyes gets red and burning feeling every other day when I spend time sitting in from of desktop in office. Please give some valuable suggestions.
Is it true that we can wear contact lenses only for 8 hours after that how anyone can see I mean if it is power lenses?
My eye site is good suddenly I got blurred vision and dry eye. I got myopia and get a glasses of. 50 Please help me.
What eye specialist would I see if I am Experiencing temporary blindness in one eye Or sometimes both eyes?
I have use fancy gogals, so pls advise to me for this is fancy gogals how to inspect our eye? This is true or not.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.
In november 2015. I gone through with the lasik surgery. I want to know the eye drop or medicine for long run clear vision.
I have a red eyes and feeling jealous some time, water drops comes out continued some times what should I do?
My eyes are itching and gradually it became from last 10 days. I am taking a eye drop (ophthacare (Himalaya)) without advice of any specialist. I am not going to Doctor because my exam is going on .and every day I am sleeping very late night. Due to study.
I have been suffering from red eyes since three days. I couldn't even concentrate on my studies. What can I do this for can you give me any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
I have some issue with my eyes. My vision is so less because I am using my phn very hardly with full day please suggest me what I doing.
I have a legs pain hand pain and cold head pain eyes red and all body is pain. What to do? Please help me.
Ocular albinism in an inherited condition in which the eyes lack melanin pigment, while the skin and hair show normal or near-normal coloration.
The lack of pigment in the eyes causes various vision problems:
Reduced visual acuity from 20/60 to 20/400 and sometimes as good as 20/25 in African-Americans, Nystagmus - involuntary back-and-forth movement of the eyes, Strabismus - crossed eyes or "lazy" eye, and Sensitivity to bright light and glare.
The reduced visual acuity may result in difficulty in school, such as inability to read what is written on a chalkboard except when very close, and difficulty with ball sports. It may also result in inability to drive.
With ocular albinism, the color of the iris of the eye may vary from blue to green or even brown, and sometimes darkens with age. However, when an eye doctor examines the eye by shining a light from the side of the eye, the light shines back through the iris since very little pigment is present. There may be areas of the iris which have very little pigment.
The main problem with the eye in ocular albinism is in the fovea, small area of the retina which affords acute vision. With ocular albinism, the fovea does not develop completely, presumably because melanin pigment is needed for the growth processes that normally occur before birth. Therefore the eye cannot process sharp light images. Because the fovea does not develop well, it is difficult to correct vision completely with glasses.
Ocular albinism is more severe form of condition than oculo - cutaneous albinism where eyes are mildly affected.