Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. GowravYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old male. I have a persistent reading of 148/93 to 154-94 in my Omaron BP machine reader at home. I take the reading in mornings and in the nights before sleep and take the average, for past few months. I have got my lipid profile, Diabetes profile, CBC, LFT and KFT done last week which revealed everything within normal range (including GFR) except low calcium and high Globulin. Im obese with 104-105 kg body wt and 35.9 = BMI. I have already started taking proper diet with more veg and less rice/fat items. I do not drink alcohol or cold drinks or do I smoke. I have stopped eating junk food for past 6 months. Only problem with my life is that I have no time for a proper physical exercise except taking walks 1s in 2 weeks, due to the work load. Can you please tell me is it time I start with Co-Q and ACE inhibitors at least or suggest me how should I proceed? Thank you.
Few step for keep your heart healthy? I like to eat spice food but I do regular exercise about 1 hour. But I need to now few more things which help me to keep heart healthy because most of my family members have heart problems.
My age is 22 n my weight is 74kgs. Before 2 months my weight was 62 kgs. From last month while sleeping I feel some thing choking in my throat by which I can't sleep. It wakes me up after n after 5 min when I fell asleep. Please tell me is this by my overgained weight or any other problem. I think I am suffering from cholesterol n TSH. Please tell me some tips n tests which will help me to diagnose the problem.
Respected sir I am 54 years old. Now I take blood test. Results. Are begin hb 9.6. Total cholesterol 297 hdl cholesterol. 59 ldl cholesterol 208 what can I do sir?
I have been playing badminton for 15 days and for last 4-5 days when ever I use to jog or jump I have pain in center of my chest when ever I stop jogging or jumping pain stops.
I am 60 year old lady diabetic hypertension and hypothyrodism. Complaints under control under medication of melmet sr500 1-0-1 tenormin 50mg 1-0-0 b active1-0-0 atocor 10mg 1-0-0 my problem is I sleep from 00.00hrs to 11.30am. Is there any remedy for this ?
My father in law is suffering from a major attack. His heart is working but Brian not working. We consult with Cardiac doctor and as per his feedback the brain got damage (is in Koma) also right lever and kidney having problems. They put him on ventilator for 2 days and said that there is no possibility for recovery. Yesterday at 6 am we disconnected the ventilator and bring patient at home. But from last 18 hrs. His heart is working. Kindly suggest for further treatment as we are not able to take a decision. Presently we are located in Nipani District. Belgum Pl. Reply.
I have genetic high cholesterol, high BP and anxiety/panic disorders since 15-20 years. I also have cervical problem. In 2012 after my uterus removal I had a very severe back pain. Past 2 years I have started feeling weird pressure/nerve pumping on my left side of head. I am very fearful of diseases and death. Most of the time I feel dizzy and lightheaded and have to put on lots of efforts to stand and walk. I just want to lead a good happy healthy life. Please help doctor.
Sir, my blood as on 27/04/2015 are as follows: fasting=94, pp=116, bun=14, creatinine=1.2, uric acid=4.6, cholesterol=148, usg of k. U. B=rt. Kidney: measures 95mm, a52x33mm cyst noted. Lt. Kidney=107mm. A 26mm cyst noted. No hydronephrosis or detectable echo reflective calculas in both the kidneys. Prostate measures 3.7x2.9x2.8cms. Wt. 16 gms. Total psa ii= 0.53ng/ml. Normal voiding pattern, uroflometry=qmax 14ml/sec, voided vol 598ml, post void residue 51ml. Please Advise.
I would like to ask, frequently my wife getting her BP low, she feel very restless and strength less, What would b the reason for low BP always What all things I can do for preventing Pls advice accordingly Thank you soo much.
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.