Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Govind MasoodkarYour feedback matters!
1. For a Glow: The intensity of the sweet potato's yellow or orange flesh color that is directly correlated to its beta-carotene content which helps our bodies to produce vitamin A. When eating such sweet potatoes, include a small helping of fat such as ghee to maximize the beta-carotene.
2. Sun Protection: It contains a compound called lycopene which contains large amounts of vitamins that help the skin from Ultra violet damage. Consuming sweet potatoes leads to healthier skin and glowing face.
3. Wrinkle Free Skin: The presence of high levels of vitamin C in sweet potatoes speeds not only repairs the skin it also produces collagen to maintain our skin's elasticity. It particurly helps the skin during stress and has anti ageing properties.
4. Moisture Locking: Sweet potatoes add to our requirement of Vitamin D, which helps in locking moisture and keeps your skin soft and supple.
5. Iron Dosage: Sweet potatoes also contain iron which we need in adequate amounts for metabolizing protein, energy, blood cell production, which in turn makes the cheeks red and skin healthy looking.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I have pimples kind of thing over my face but more on forehead I have oily skin too I have tried all kinds creams not working. please help me?
I am a 25 year old male once I used lime to remove my black marks but it increased and now am having some places of my face is dark black how to remove ?
My hand finger are too dark in compression with my body complex and looks like old age hand there is so many wrinkles on my hand and looks darker kindly suggest some useful answers I m only 28 year old.
Gastric /Digestion problem. Losing glow on face. Facing problem since last 4-5 years. Taking every test including city scan for all organs separately, ultrasound, endoscopy . Every thing is ok in these reports.
I have a black colour just below my eyes. It could not change for a few days. My face become more ugly due to these black colour. How I can reduce these black colour?
Sir I want laser for dark circles. Kya yhi shi rhega mere face k liye Koi side effects to nhi hoga. please sir I want held.
A common mole is a form of growth on the surface of the skin. It occurs when the skin pigment cells or melanocytes grow in clusters. Moles are common in most adults and occur in places and areas, which are most exposed to the sun. Moles may be present from birth or may appear at a later stage. Moles develop until the age of forty.
Moles are generally round or oval in shape and their surface is smooth with distinct edges. They are dome shaped. Common moles are pink, tan or brown in color. People with dark skin complexion develop dark-colored moles.
Sometimes, moles may change in color and shape. This might be an indication of a skin cancer condition known as Melanoma.
Here are the indications that a mole is cancerous in nature:
- When the color of the mole changes
- When the mole becomes smaller or bigger in an uneven manner
- When the shape, texture or height of a mole changes
- When the skin around the mole turns dry and scaly
- When the mole starts itching
- When there is bleeding or oozing from the mole
Features of Melanoma:
Changes in the shape, size, color or feeling of an existing mole are an indication of Melanoma. The features of this condition can be observed by the changes that occur in the mole. The 'ABCDE' rule can be used to define the features:
- Asymmetry: This means that the shape of one half of the mole is not matching with the other half.
- Irregular border: The borders or edges are ragged, notched and the outline seems blurred. There are chances that the pigment might spread to the surrounding skin surface.
- Uneven color: This indicates that the mole may be of uneven colors. There might be shades of black, brown, tan and also areas of red, white, gray, pink or blue.
- Mole diameter: There is a change in the size and diameter of a mole in cases of Melanoma. Usually, the size increases. Some Melanoma moles may be tiny, but most are wider than six millimeters.
- Evolving: There is an evolution over weeks and months, where the changes in appearance occur. Moles that lead to Melanoma vary a lot. Some cases of Melanoma may have all the above mentioned features while other cases may indicate two or three of the features.
When moles change in color and size, it is because of Melanoma. Several tests have to be carried out to detect whether a mole is cancerous or not, and after that, medical measures must be taken. Melanoma is a serious form of skin cancer and should be attended to immediately.