Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. GoelYour feedback matters!
I read the lybrate post of unhealthy heart and I realised my heart really unhealthy so what can I do for my unhealthy heart? Please give some suggestions.
My niece is only 2 & half months and within 4-6 days of her birth Paediatrician suggested to get the heart checked at our convenience. Yesterday, we did the Eco & it was diagnosed that the she needs Balloon Pulmonary Valvoplanty or the heart will be continue to damage. We are afraid that at this such a young age this surgery is necessary? Please let me know your contact details to share the report for proper diagnosis & Dr. From Lybrate can suggest st a true way forward.
I am 25 year old boy. I suffered from typhoid last year in the month of November. I recovered from typhoid in two months. Now I have no symptoms of typhoid but I feel so week and my BP is little higher 85/135. So what to do. And having pain onsternumbone.
Hi sir/madam my dad has under gone bypass surgery a week before I need help what type of foods we can give to him and he is having diabetes.
From past few days I am having severe chest pain which I am unable to bear it. Is it something serious. It's left side.
I am 51 years old women. Height short (5") weight normal. For last 6/7 months my right hand finger tips are not working properly. They are losing strength. I still do everything but I feel these fingers will become senseless soon. I face problem to sew a cloth, to hold anything, I cannot put pressure on these finger tips. My left hand is all ok. My uric acid is normal. sugar and blood pressure is also normal. I do not have any other major problem. I have not consulted any doctor yet. What should I do.
Hello respected doctors, I am on B.P tablet Met xl 12.5, I constantly feel fatigue low mood, life is not much enjoyable, apart from it, I am facing difficulty to talk and understand/concentrate, I am sleeping for 14- fifteen hours a day still feel drowsy Maybe because I am on nexito10 tab which I take at 9pm, talking difficulties like slur speech eye pain on inner part of eye I feel heavy head, feeling like brain is blocked and it expands or beats like heart And during this eye pain starts and mostly when I am stressed or very much tensed/worried I feel there is a pressure on my brain and eyes, I am unable to remember/recollect things. Do I require a Brain Scan? whom can help me psychiatrist or neurologist or both I need to consult?
I am a smoker continously smokes whole day. I smoke nearly a pack of cigarettes per day some times even more I some times feel pain in lungs n heart I don't know what is the reason n where the pain is exactly in heart or lungs but some time I feel chest pain I tried to quit smoking but I failed. And I am a seafarer so I must be fit enough and able to survive conjusted n enclosed spaces but I feel suffocated n feels very uncomfortable to breathe so kindly help me suggest me what to do how to improve my health n how to stay fit how to get rid of suffocated and breathing problems ?
One of the most common problems to affect men and women of all ages is high blood pressure. If your blood pressure consistently shows a reading that is higher than 140 over 90 you may be suffering from high blood pressure. High blood pressure on its own is not fatal, but it can lead to a number of problems including strokes and higher vulnerability to heart attacks.
An unhealthy lifestyle is one of the biggest causes for high blood pressure. Thus making conscious lifestyle changes such as leading a more active life and eating more fruits and vegetables can help manage high blood pressure. Ayurveda also has a number of ways to manage and treat high blood pressure. Some of these are:
1. Garlic cloves: Garlic has a number of antiseptic properties and is also beneficial towards slowing down the pulse rate and helps smoothen the heart’s rhythm. To use garlic, include it in your regular food or better still, chew 2-3 fresh, raw cloves of garlic a day.
2. Watermelon: Watermelon is rich in L-citrulline, an amino acid which has the ability to lower blood pressure. It is also loaded with fiber, vitamin A, potassium and lycopenes which also help lower blood pressure levels. To benefit from watermelon, it can be eaten as it is or dried watermelon seeds can be crushed and mixed with cuscus powder and water to be drunk twice a day. The powder made from dried watermelon seeds can also be steeped with boiling water to create a tea that should be consumed every morning and evening.
3. Amla or Indian gooseberries: This herb is associated with a number of health benefits and can help lower cholesterol, hypertension and help stabilize blood circulation. To use amla in the treatment of high blood pressure, crush and extract the juice of 4-5 amlas and have 2 teaspoons of this juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey every morning. This also strengthens the digestive system and prevents the build up of toxins inside the body.
4. Yoga: Yoga asanas can also help stabilize the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system and thus regulate blood pressure. To treat high blood pressure, begin by sitting in the Siddhasana posture and practising the Anjali Mudra. This helps reduce stress and anxiety. Follow this by the Supta Padangusthasana and then the Matsya Kridasana. Simple anulom vilom and other such breathing exercises can also help lower high blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 57 I am diabetic person and blood pressure can I take alcohol if yes what to drink and quantity.
I am 37 old male having high bp please some times remains 160/110 above despite taking medicine daily.
Ayurveda emphasis that a disciplined diet and exercise plan can help lower ldl and improve hdl.
Here are a few time tested strategies that you may adopt to bring total cholesterol lower and keep it that way
1. Walking 2 miles in 30 minutes 3 times a week constitutes a moderate level of aerobic exercise. That may be enough to raise your hdl cholesterol by 1 to 3 points (higher is better) and lower your ldl cholesterol (lower is better).
If you can't get in a 30-minute block of exercise all at once, do a few minutes of exercise here and there throughout the day (climb the stairs at work, walk around the block on your lunch break, park and walk). Researchers have demonstrated that exercise even without weight loss can have a positive impact on improving cholesterol levels. It is the amount of activity, and not necessarily any changes in fitness or intensity of exercise that is important for cholesterol improvement and decreasing the risk factors for heart disease and stroke.
2. Do deep breathing exercise for 10 min daily. It helps refresh your system and is an effective distress technique too.
3. Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily
4. Quit smoking. Smoking lowers hdl cholesterol levels and increases the tendency for blood to clot
5. Avoid alcohol.
6. Start your day with fresh fruits and high soluble fibre grain such as oats
7. Eat plenty of vegetables, esp green leafy vegetables, fruits and whole pulses. Certain foods really do have health benefits for controlling cholesterol and overall heart health beyond providing basic nutrition.
Fish or fish oil
Green leafy vegetables
Oranges or orange juice
Fiber oats/oat bran/oatmeal
8 take enough good fat in food, don't avoid fat. Sesame oil, olive oil, rape seed oil are healthy.
9. Garlic- one or two cloves before your breakfast is beneficial in boosting hdl
Turmeric and curry leaves can be used as spices in various foods.
Isabgol (psyllium husk) at bedtime is also beneficial in boosting hdl
10. Arjuna, guggulu can be added as medication on ayurvedic physician advice
The ncep national cholesterol education program has recommended a therapeutic lifestyle-change diet, which should be incorporated in the treatment of all patients. The following are recommendations:
Patients should reduce their intake of saturated fats to less than 7% of their total calorie (energy) intake. Their cholesterol intake should be reduced to less than 200 mg/d. Trans fatty acids (the hdl-lowering, ldl-raising fats) should be kept to a minimum. Polyunsaturated fats should constitute up to 10% of total energy intake, and monounsaturated fats, up to 20% of total energy intake. Total fat intake, therefore, should be in the range of 25-35% of total energy intake.
Carbohydrates (complex carbohydrates from grains, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables) should constitute 50-60% of total energy intake.
Patients should consume 20-30 g/d of fiber.
The protein content should be approximately 15% of total energy intake.
In order to maintain a desirable body weight and to prevent weight gain, the total amount of energy consumed must be balanced in terms of energy intake and expenditure.
My father age is 68 years. He is sugar and high blood pressure patients. What are I do for his good healthy life.
My father B.P is 90/60 and last month he had suffered from major heart attack . Angoplastic is done. He is diabetic also.
I have pain in the centre of my chest when I touch even slightly. This is pain is as recent 2 days old. What should I do, please advice.
Hello doctor I have eaten idle very hot yesterday morning then my middle of the chest had some pain still now what should I do.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull.