Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Githika BalliYour feedback matters!
I am 54 yrs. I have black patches on my both side of eyes. Can I know the reasons and medications in home, Ayurvedic and allopathy?
Hi, My wife who is 36 years old having severe pain in her right eye and right part of her head, please advise which doctor should we consult.
My mum, she is suffering from cataract. Doctors have said for that laser operation. Is there some other way to correct it? I mean with some eyes drops along with anti biotic. As she is afraid of any kind of operation.
My mother has glaucoma from 2.5 years in one eye. She has no vision left in the left eye at all but goes through extreme pain in that eye. The eye's pressure has increased to 57 which is very high, hence a diode laser is recommended to her. Is it worth doing and will it have any other side effects?
Usually when I fet up from the bed, I start having my nerves pain for a while. And I always have swollen eyes forever. please help my out with some suggestions!
I have red eyes for 3 days. What to do to get out from this problem. I am feeling very pain in my eyes. My age is 36. I had warliee uses to wear specs.
Am unable to sleep during examzz. It takes for me to fal in slep 2 hours frm d tym of I close my eyes. I can't concentrate. During exams due to this wat do I do?
Doctor I need help since 2 years I am on psychiatric treatment bcz of depression. Now I am working in a bank and I do not know why I watch gay videos if I got time then I will see those videos and masturbate please tell me how to overcome this situation so that I want to be a normal lead to a heterosexual life.
I am having problem of getting eyes red in sunny weather so please help me so that this can be solved.
My dad is suffering from eye sight with -6.2 and -4.5 doctor said cataract operation so please suggested me wat to do.
My eye is pain for 1 week because of, I see TV for every time that can I have this problem so what can I do at this time please give the solution for me.
The eyesight of my mother is deteriorating. She is 80 years old pure vegetarian. We have seen one programme according to which isotane by Dr. improves light of eyes whatever may be the condition. Advise in the matter.
Hello. Sir I am. Getting repeatedly headache Feeling nausea Ness Vision is not clear Skipping my meals.
I am a 16 year old boy. I went to Gujarat for yatra. Now my eyes are very red. And I don't know what to do? will you help me out.
A sticky substance comes in my eyes every time which sometimes causes irritation in my eyes. That substance becomes creates problem in my vision. Please help me with a proper remedy.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.