Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gimpu MehtaYour feedback matters!
She had her periods last on 13th Feb. After that she had unprotected sex with her bf on 2nd March. Is there any chances of her getting pregnant. If yes, please suggest something to avoid this pregnancy.
Ayurveda and Garbha sanskar (prenatal education)
Ancient Indian medicine, i.e. Ayurveda puts emphasis on the spiritual, mental and physical preparation of the expecting mother to give birth to a healthy child. In Ayurveda, this theory is described as ‘supraja Janan’ or EU-maternity. It basically means preparing the couple in planning their pregnancy at least three months prior to the baby conception.
Pregnancy should be by choice and not by chance. The planning should firstly begin with panda shuddhi which means purification of gametes (sperm and ovum).
One should always keep in mind if the couple is not mentally fit and stable even though they are being physically healthy cannot give birth to a healthy child.
The mental calmness and firmness of mind is very much related to one’s eating habits and depends on many other factors of lifestyle. For giving birth to a healthy child, it is important to stay away from spicy food items and addictive substances during pregnancy period.
Universally it has been proven that the fetus is not just a mindless mass of flesh, but it responds and capable of understanding, receiving information from outside forces. The fetus is an evolving human being that has got full rights to receive optimistic and inspiring feedback or garbha sanskar.
Daily practices of garbha sanskar which are to be given during pregnancy period to the child in the womb are clearly prescribed in the Ayurveda. Not just daily diet taken by expecting mother is mentioned, but routine body care, yoga techniques as well as reading material and instructions are available in Ayurveda. Various subjects of discussion are written along with music and mantras that can be listened to during pregnancy period.
Development of parent-fetus bonding:
Do you know that feelings and thoughts in mind of parents affect babies in the womb on a large level. Until any thought is expressed verbally, it remains in an unexpressed form in mind. At this time, its wavelength is shortest and it has got maximum energy at this level. Selfless and unspoken thoughts bear and transfer maximum sanskar on the fetus.
Effect of music:
Scientifically, it has been proven that the fetus responds to music from 7th months of pregnancy. You would be glad to know that a foetus of 7th month starts hearing from mother’s womb and from the nearby surroundings and responds to them as well. Heartbeat of mother is the first sound the child hears when in a womb because it is the most nearest sound for the baby. This is the reason why a crying child clams down when her mother holds her close to her heart. It is believed that the child in the womb gets energy for the development of his mind and body when an expecting mother listens to the special music. You would be surprised to know that listening to sound of veena (an Indian musical instrument which is held by goddess Saraswati) and flute along with Samveda mantras are very helpful in giving birth to the healthy child at the time of childbirth. Various cassettes and CD’s like ‘Garbha Sangeet’, Garbha Sanskaar: Blessings for the new arrival” are published and can be easily brought by pregnant women from markets.
Lifestyle tips for the pregnant women:
According to Ayurveda, an expecting mother should stay away from movies depicting scenes of violence, horror and murder. This is because these kinds of stuffs can produce a negative effect on the child’s character. Also, expecting mother should live in a company of those people who throw positive influence over her. She can listen to soft music, read positive and self-inspiring books, view beautiful works of art, develop only constructive frame of mind with positive thoughts in her mind and last but not the least contemplate pleasant landscapes.
In Ayurveda, two types of ghees are recommended for mother-to-be. The name of first medicated ghee is ‘kalyanak ghrita’ to be given during 4th, 5th months of pregnancy on daily basis. One tsp of this ghee is widely given to expecting mothers, especially in southern states like Kerala in India. The herbal preparation ‘kalyanak ghrita’ is considered very effective in the development of the mental faculties of a growing fetus. Also, it is very beneficial for development of all body systems in fetal baby. ‘Kalyanak ghrita’ when taken regularly helps in fighting anemia in the mother as well as prevents any kind of congenital abnormalities. Another ghee is ‘Thanka three great’ which is to be taken during the last month of pregnancy i.e. 7th, 8th and 9th months of pregnancy. Regular intake of this ghee promotes complete developments in the fetal body and known to bring good fortunes to the newborn child. It also aids in the full term normal delivery. Both these ghee has got cow’s ghee as their base during their preparation.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO TAKE AN EXPERT ADVICE FOR GARBHA SANSKAR.
I'm a healthy 27 year old who is about to lose her mind. My last period was march 9, i've taken a few pregnancy tests (most recent one last week) which all came back negative. I'm hungry all the time and tired. I have a history of fairly regular cycles. So what could be wrong?
I had unprotected sex on my 15th day of cycle but my bf didn't finish inside me. I had my periods on 11th of this month. Should I take a ipill? I already too ipill this month on 21st. please help. What should I do.
I am 20 years old. And my period started when I was 14 years old. But from the time it started, it happens after 40 42 days interval. So is it normal?
I've unprotected sex and i've take i-pill within 8 hours now. I've done my pregnancy test and its shows -ve and till now I didn't have period of last month that January and i'm much worried now, i'm going to retest my pregnancy but is their any pill or medicine to prevent pregnancy that can be buy from any medicine shop? I want to know the name of 100% working pill that can prevent pregnancy at all and which can be buy from any medicine shop.
I am 31 years old and overweight. Height 155 cm and weight 80 kg. I am suffering from thyroid problem and taking medicines for it. I am now planning to conceive. What are probable health risks I can face related to pregnancy? can I practice yoga and light exercises during pregnancy? please reply Thanks.
Sudden weight loss is extremely common. It is mainly adopted by people who are depressed because of their weight and want to reduce weight rapidly. There can be various reasons why people would want to adopt sudden weight loss techniques. Few of these reasons are obesity, feelings of social neglect, heart diseases and inactivity or lethargy.
Sometimes many people want to reduce weight as soon as possible. They try to lose weight by dieting or by consuming certain medications. This might result in a lot of complications such as:
- If you reduce weight rapidly, it might cause the skin to be left behind and also it will cause the skin to sag. This also creates stretch marks on the surface of your skin from where you intend to lose weight. This might give a very unsightly appearance to your body. So it is better to reduce weight slowly.
- Many people try to starve themselves while dieting to get faster results. This is extremely harmful for your body. It can result in dehydration and sometimes also lead to nausea or fainting.
- Rapid weight loss can also make you lose water from your body. This can be extremely detrimental for your health. It is difficult to burn a lot of calories in a short time instead you might be burning water from your body which is very harmful.
- Sudden weight loss is not a permanent solution. You should be very careful while adopting rapid forms of weight loss exercise or diet, you might lose weight for a limited period, but since your body isn’t trained to adapt to temporary and rapid changes, you might start gaining weight rapidly instead.
- Rapid weight loss can also lead to the formation of gallstones. It can also cause infection because of obstruction in the normal flow of the bile from the gallbladder to the intestine.
- Hair loss can also occur, if you are trying to lose weight rapidly. Protein intake gets reduced when you follow a strict diet plan for rapid weight loss. This can make your hair extremely brittle and dry hence causing it to break.
If you want to reduce weight, it is better to follow a diet chart which does not make you starve and rather balances your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Iodine is often considered as a trace element and most people do not give it the importance it deserves. This is wrong on many counts. Iodine is very much needed by your body and it is essential for thyroid hormone synthesis in our everyday lives. A lack of iodine can lead to many complications and can affect the physical and mental health of a person.
Worse, in case if you are pregnant, it can affect the health of the fetus. The telltale signs of a thyroid deficiency can be found in thyroid glands, and in case you feel you are suffering from the symptoms, consult your physician immediately. Let us look at some of the signs that can indicate you are suffering from thyroid problems.
- Goiter: Iodine deficiency if left unchecked can lead to the development of a goiter- A swelling around the thyroid gland, resulting in a visible lump in the throat. As the swelling continues to grow, it might cause severe difficulty in swallowing. It also hampers the thyroid gland and prevents it from producing adequate thyroid hormones. It can lead to a condition known as hypothyroidism as well.
- Constant weakness and fatigue: You might experience low energy levels and feel weak all the time in case you are suffering from iodine deficiency. Iodine deficiency can also make you feel tired all the time and you may experience blackouts frequently. Do consult with your physician in case you are suffering from these symptoms as they are extremely harmful in the long run.
- Difficulty in concentrating and lack of memory: Your memory functions may get compromised in case you have low iodine levels in your body. Iodine is vital for the smooth functioning of the nervous system and can have a direct impact on your learning capabilities. It can also cloud your thoughts and lead to mental confusions. It also increases the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Unusual weight gain: Lack of Iodine in your body can make you gain weight. You may feel bloated all the time even though you do not eat properly. Your internal systems may not work to its potential in case you have an iodine deficiency and this may lead to loss of appetite and vomiting in some cases. It also increases the chances of accumulation of unwanted gas in your body.
- Depression: If you feel depressed and restless, it can be due to a nutritional deficiency, such as iodine. The mineral can be very beneficial in increasing the nervous activity and can reduce anxiety, restlessness, and irritation. Iodine also induces sound sleep. Hence a lack of proper sleep can also mean that you are suffering from iodine deficiency.
- Iodine intake: The necessary amount of iodine can be consumed regularly through Iodized salt. Other food supplements can include seafood, cow’s milk, potatoes, and seaweed, which are all rich in iodine.
Consult your doctor before taking in other Iodine supplements.