Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Gimpu MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hi my age is 23. I am taking fertility treatment from last 4 months. My hsg FSH and lh another tests all are good. I don't have thyroid, But have vitamin d deficiency. Why I didn't get pregnancy. Can you please tell me the tips to get pregnancy early. Thank you.
I have a tumor on my brain. I have a tumor on my brain and it's control my hormones and so the doctor gave me medicine to shrink it and he said I might start to have a period which I haven't had a period in 5 years so I having one witch it lasted 5 weeks I was in pain with it and the put idu in and got then to take it out I finally stop but right now in in alot pain on virtual area and down my right leg and I did a biyose and altura sound and now I go do a bone scan and coloisme a to see why hurt so much so the question is I want you option why does my vangina hurt and right leg.
My friend has irregular periods. What care should be taken by her? Her last two periods are as below. Starting date. 21 jan 2016 16 Feb 2016 Her menstrual cycle is 28 days. Her one time period is 4-5 days. But she still not have periods in march. What is the reason behind this? What to do?
Im 19 years old. I always face a very distracting pain in my stomach and get vomiting many times during my periods. What is the solution of this.
I am suffering from polycystic ovaries syndrome for the last 8 years. I have consulted many doctors too. Now I have child of 3 years and I also had 3 abortions. I am vex of this. I want to know is there any home treatment or diet plan for pcos instead of regular allopathic treatment? Please let me know.
How to make your home mosquito free
With zika virus threat looming large in India, dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases aren't cases on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
4. If you have a garden, plant mosquito repellent plants like lavender, catnip and citronella in the areas near the windows of your house to drive the mosquitoes away.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it.
Sharing is caring. Share this helpful tip with your loved ones by clicking on Share below.
Hi, I am married female my periods were irregular after marriage, but my last periods were on September 25th till today I didn't get periods and doctor advised me to take pregnancy test but it showed negative. I don't why I am not getting periods. My rubella antibody was only 0.8. Is there any chance for not getting periods because of rubella antibody?
Breathe Well Sleep Well
Total wellness is not possible without good sleep. Sleep is a de-learning process. It relaxes and rejuvenates the body and makes our body ready for a
new day. We spend one third of our life in sleep and this one third decides the two third of our life. For every two hours of alertness we need one of sleep. Ever since society has become 24x7, our sleep quality has become poor. A healthy body needs a regular refreshing seven to eight hours of sleep.
Sleep debt creates a mortgaged mind. If we are sleeping one hour less per day then we have to pay back in the day. Sleeplessness is equivalent to drunken driving. Anger, agitation, personality disorders, road rage, substance abuse are indirectly related to poor sleep. Sleep disorders are rising in society and more over sedentary behaviour, obesity is responsible for the rising number of sleep apnoea and related sleep disorders.
There are two types of sleep disorders one primarily because of defects in sleep regulatory mechanisms and others are secondary due to lifestyle causing insomnia and sleep disordered breathing like sleep apnoea. A tired and spent person gets relief and is able to retrieve his liveliness and energy only after taking sound sleep. Sleep is a law of nature which is applicable not only to human beings but also to the botanical world.
A good night sleep is a good regular sleep practice. Always be happy while sleeping. Concentrate on your breathing and feel you are totally relaxed. Keep in mind that the pranayama practice is very important. Pranayama and yoga are the key to good activation of our biological clock.
Our hypothalamic area in the brain is our internal clock. If we do not nurture our biological clock we will face sleep delay and fragmented sleep.
A good sleep involves right pre-sleep practices. It’s like a right alap before a classical music performance. Yoga and Pranayama are an important measure to improve sleep and reduce work place negativity, tension, anxiety and so many other problems. Following yoga and pranayama – Bhastrika pranayam, Kapalbhati pranayam and Anulom Vilom pranayam – have been found to be beneficial.
Besides this, Shavasan and Yognidra are very much useful for sound sleep. Listening to light music like mantras before sleep is beneficial. Yoga increases blood circulation and stimulates the nervous system. Following few practices improves oxygenation to the brain and improves sleep quality and cures insomnia. Halasana and Sarvangasana are the asana to cure insomnia naturally by yoga.
Good pre-sleep habits are called sleep hygiene. A good sleep hygiene improves sleep quality by reducing the onset of sleep and maintenance of rhythm of sleep. We all enter sleep through NREM sleep it’s like slow uncoiling of a curtain wire. We enter sleep with high alfa waves and slowly go to delta or slow wave sleep.
Initial sleep is all NREM sleep and subsequently we enter REM sleep or rapid eye movement sleep. REM sleep constitutes one third of total sleep and in this time of sleep muscles reach to zero tone and it's a dream sleep.
This is about a 50-year-old man, a heavy smoker with sedentary corporate life with disturbed sleep, snoring, day time sluggishness, irritability and poor corporate performance.
He was subjected to a quit tobacco programme, weight loss and good nutrition and lifestyle modification programme with following sleep rules.
He improved on all fronts and started enjoying wellness in his life.
Stick to your sleep time and get up exactly 7 to 8 hours after sleep. You will feel oven fresh.
Follow this sleep rules one hour before going to your sleep clock.
1. A relaxing warm shower an hour before sleep.
2. Anulom vilom for five minutes
3. Kapalbhati for five minutes, avoid doing if you had dinner an hour before.
4. Bhastrika for five minutes.
5. Eye exercises for five minutes in all quadrants
6. Cervical flexion, extension and rotation exercises for two minutes.
7. Sharvanasana or corpse pose for 5 minutes and focus on your breath.
8. Now listen to some slow music. Music induces Alfa activity and helps in sleep initiation for 10 minutes.
9. Do visual imagery. Make memorable twenty images on your iPad or phone or album and slowly brush though.
This helps in release of endorphins and gives feel good feeling for 5 minutes.
10. Take a hot cup of milk. Milk has serotonin and serotonin induces sleep. These steps will de-stress you and help you to get a sound sleep.
Avoid thinking too much while sleeping. Just relax while sleeping.
Always be happy while sleeping. Concentrate on your breathing and feel totally relaxed.
Keep in mind pranayama practice is very important, as important as pre-sleep habit.
Keywords: sleeplessness, pranayama, sleep habits, wellness
I am having menstruation twice a month from last month is there any thing to wo?ry, if it is how to cure this problem?
I am 26 year female. Trying to conceive for the past one year. Have pcos and used to get periods using progesterone tabs. Later found a septum in my uterus about 2 cm and removed through laparoscopy. After 2 months of the surgery when I got my periods we started our treatment for pregnancy. From day 2 I started with ubiphene 100 for 5 days. Later through a pelvic scan a follicle was growing in my right ovary. On 15th day while it was about 20mm an hcg shot was given for me and on the very next did an iui. We had unprotected sex on 17th day as well. On 18th day doc confirmed ovulation. And the following tabs were taking from day one ie fopymin and glycomet. My period date was 18th Jan but I got no periods so on 21st Jan I did a UPT and result was negative. Doc then gave me duphaston 10mg 2 each for 5 days. I completed my course by 26th Jan morning. Still no periods so I did UPT again and it was big fat negative. Can anyone help me to know more about these causes of non pregnancy and no periods! And I have a BMI of 27.
I am 27 female. I am having a girl of 1.25 year and my problem is I am having pain in pelvic which is coming and going frequently I had sexual activity but dint had intercourse please help me out so as I can sleep.
1. Focus on your positive qualities. It’s true that we can all improve in some ways – but start by finding your good qualities – and recognise that these are a major part of who you are.
2. Be aware of, and fight against, your negative self-talk. Negative self talk can quickly snowball and become an angry tirade against yourself – so you become your own worst critic and your own worst enemy. Instead, choose to respect yourself, to love, affirm and believe in yourself.
3. Don’t dwell on things you know you cannot change. We all have imperfections, weaknesses and flaws. They’re really not that crucial, and they’re not that big a deal. Try to keep them in perspective – and change what you CAN change.
4. Make your own decisions – don’t always look to others, and think that they know better … But choose to trust yourself.
6. Always try to do your best – as that’s all that is required. You’re a normal human being who’ll sometimes get it wrong. Get up, forgive youself, then just choose to move on.