Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta K NairYour feedback matters!
Infertility is defined as a condition where a woman is unable to conceive a child despite having 1-2 years of unprotected sexual intercourse with a male partner but help for conception can be sought after 6 months of trying pregnancy. In over half the cases, infertility is usually with the male partner which is characterised by a low sperm count. Infertility causes social anxiety as well as relationship problems among couples and can severely affect the self-esteem of the person.
Male infertility tends to have certain tell tale signs some cases or no apparent reasons in other cases. In some cases, male infertility occurs due to underlying medical conditions like genetic problems, widened veins around the testicle or hormonal imbalances and some of the symptoms could be like:
- Recurrent problems during sexual intercourse due to severe pain in the testicular zone.
- You might lose your ability to smell due multiple instances of infections of the respiratory system.
- There might be a reduction in the body hair.
- Abnormal sperm count.
- Lack of sexual desire
Some of the common causes of male infertility could be:
- past injury or surgery of the testicles.
- erectile dysfunction.
- premature ejaculation.
- sexually transmitted infections.
- testicular deformation along with low sperm count.
- Blockage of the ejaculatory
In other cases, the reasons could be:
- old age
- mental anxiety
- excessive alcohol consumption
- diabetes or as a
- side effect of radiation therapy
- prescribed medications to treat other existing ailments within the body
Diagnosis and Treatment
The infertility of the male partner is usually diagnosed by your specialist by evaluating the medical condition and past histories of surgical procedures, sexual practices etc. Infertility can also be diagnosed by analysing the semen.
The treatments for male infertility are varied and depend on the severity and the exact cause of the condition. Male infertility can be treated by hormonal replacement therapies and procedures, counselling or medication (for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation) and procedures to retrieve sperm which is then used for artificial insemination.
I got intimate with my partner and took unwanted-72 pill after 11 hrs nd 20 minutes. Are there still any chances of me getting pregnant? What measures can I take to prevent any risk of getting pregnant.
Hi, This question is for my daughter. She is 17 years old now. She got irregular period. Her period started early age when she is 10. From then to now she faces irregular period. The period is gapping around 7 months. She had last period on january 2016. Please suggest some medicine for it and will it be cure? Any future problem for that?
She is telling she have stomach cramps. And she is nt hvng her monthly periods. What is the reason behind this. Anybody suggest me.
I hav my last periods on 3 march. Nd on 10 th march I had sex with my husband i. E, on 8 th day of my periods. I also taken ipill within 2-3 hrs. Nd I also experience bleeding of 3 days from 16-18 march. I after 5-6 days of. Taking ipill. After that my periods not. Came yet. Today is 5 may. please help. What is this. I m. Vry tnsd.
Hi My periods are disturb since 2 and half years ago. At that time periods comes very early. The gap is about 10- 15 days. After that doc suggested me biopsy and in report there was little swelling and little bit infection. Then doc diogonose me with my one injection for about 8 months. After that swelling and infection was almost healed. But now problem is that my periods are not coming regularly and the quantity was very low few drops. And now last periods come on 18 nov 2014. I am very upset about that. Doc also prescribe me fifteen days course of conjugated estrogens tablet ( ten days) and one more for five days ( I don' t know the name ) some other tests reports says that its not a menopause and fertility rate is very low. Now doc suggested me depidra and one more medicine. What should I do give me your opinions. Is that any thing serious or not. One more thing before one month doc take the biopsy again for tuberculosis. The reports are all good. Every reports even blood tests are correct. Kindly give me your opinion.
Doctor, i' m single woman, I have problem related to sex. I used to masterbate since my teenage, now i' m 27, now private looking worst. It looking like an old aged woman' s. If I marry someone he won' t believe that i' m a virgin lady. I feel hesitate to marry. I just need a solution. Can you suggest any remedy.
After follicular monitoring my doctor said that my egg look quite big before time and gave me hcg injection to rupture and after 48 Hours we started doing sex when my egg started rupturing. So, is there any problem if my egg is growing fast and what are my chances to conceive this month and please guide me with some tips so that I can conceive fast. please help.
My friend age 24. Monthly menses 3-5 days. But she have problem bcoz 2 days only menses coming. Is it any problem? What solutions for that.
Hello doc I'm a mother of 20 days old girl. and I want to know when can I have outside food or junk food I mean after how many months. and doctor when can you plan to diet? Thanks in advance.
Is the uterus removal surgery is harmful anyway at the age of 50-55? Are there some chances of tumor in uterus due to over loss of blood?
I had withdrawal sex on 14th day of my cycle or 9th day after my periods ended. Should I take an ipill to avoid getting pregnant or it's not necessary. please suggest the useful.
How sleeping less than 6 hours affects your health
After being awake for almost 14-16 hours, our body demands sleep. Minimum sleeping time required for a healthy mind and body is 7-8 hours. Although, this duration varies according to age. Because generally speaking, where a child can sleep for 12-14 hours, grownups can sleep for not more than 9 hours. Sound sleep is very essential otherwise, it can be harmful for our health. Let's see how sleeping for less than 6 hours affects our health.
- Headache, weight gain and poor vision: When you sleep for less than 6 hours a day, it can not only give you headache all the time but can lead to a poor vision also. And if continued for a long time, may hamper your eyesight. The lesser you sleep the more weight you gain. And after-effects of gaining weight could be even more hazardous.
- Memory loss, heart disease, infection: Sleeplessness can have an adverse effect on one's memory too. A person may find it difficult to remember even simple things. Also, infections can take a longer time to heal because sleep is something that stabilises and balances everything that goes wrong while we are awake. If we don't get proper sleep, the process of healing takes longer. Lack of sleep can also elevate blood pressure which ultimately affects the heart.
- Urine overproduction, stammering and accident: Sleeping slows down urinating process but when you are awake for longer hours, you might have to urinate more than usual. Lack of sleep can also make you stammer while speaking. If lack of sleep continues, you may not be able to communicate properly. When you do not have sound sleep, your mental condition would not be stable because of declining concentration. You can be accident prone if you drive in such a condition.
These are just a few of the ill effects. Sleeping for less than 5 hours is far more dangerous than you can even think. From behavioural to mental to physical effects, it can harm you in many more ways, So, have a sound sleep to avoid complications in life.