Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. GayathriYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have red eyes from two days, some fever is there, Please tell me solution and medicine.
I am 40 yes old and working on computers many hours in a day. Past few months I am feeling that I have some problem in my vision. Every single image seems me double or some time foggy. I go thru eye checkup also but doctor said I do not have any prob in my eyes nor I required a specs. But I am suffering from eyes convergence problem. He suggested some exercise also which I am doing but not much gain visible to me. Please advise any medication or eye drops will help here?
I my left eye there is a short of small fly thing appeared. I am worried because of that. I had consulted some doctor. The doctor says it is floater and for that no treatment is possible. It would not harm. My eyes got operated for cataract. Please advise me for my problem. Thanks and regards.
Why is my white part of eye (sclera) becoming yellowish over the past years? And it has formed small yellowish part at one side of the both eyes.
Dear doctor, I have heavy sensation beneath my eyes at times, also it burns during blinking, I have a problem of dry eyes and use maxmoist eye drops. Do you recommend to change the medications.
I am 22 year old working women. I have 3. 5 numbers in both eye but I afraid for operation. So what I should do?
I am suffering for eye dry ness from 4 years can you please help me to get rid of it. Can you please cure me.
Hi. I have eyes problem. My eyes has -20D in two eyes. It problem is natural. But when I am studying in class room on multimedia projector then automatically come headache in 2 minutes. Show I can't understand very well in lecture. So please share some advice.
Hello sir /mam My name is naveen chauhan and am from haryana Sir/mam I have a problem in my eyes the water drops in my eyes are flowing continuously in 5-5 seconds. I don't know. What can I do? Sir/mam tell me solution please.
How can I reduce my eye glasses naturally? I am having -1.0 (cylindrical) on 180 axis and- 0.75 (spherical) in right eye and -0.25 (cylindrical) on 180axis and -0.75 (spherical) in my left eye. I recently got glasses earlier I wasn't. I don't like glasses to wear. What are the other ways to treat my problem.
I am having eye twitching from last 4 days. Pls help me to stop. And also tell me what is the main reason for this.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.