Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Gauri ShetyeYour feedback matters!
Hlo I have small dark spot in my face so kindly suggest to me which type of diet is better for glowing and clear skin.
I am having much pimples which are getting black colour on my face and some time get pain when I touch them.
Hi. I am 18 noy but I am too thin. I want to gain wait. I eat proper meal n all. But then also no changes. Guid me how can I gain wait. Thank you.
I'm losing my hairs. The rate of hair fall is very high. Can you suggest some better ways. I tried out Dr. batra's medicine. Please suggest some better ways?
My father underwent CABG 3 months back ,but hez continuously experiencing problem in sleeping. Lack of sleep he always feel. N we consult his cardiophysician n surgeon both they asked to take sleeping pill i.e. Etizolam, rivotril etc. But its also nt gud na taking sleeping pills frequently. So please suggest some solution for this problem. I will be highly obliged to all the doctors who respond.
I am 18 year female. My last period was on 21st December 2015. On next day, I was having sex without condom. Yesterday I tested pregnancy and found not pregnant. The problem is my period didn't came again till now. What I do, Please Help me.
Sir Maine phle Jim join kiya to body sahi that phir choda to ekdm se much mahine bad mera weight loose ho gya.
Dr. I have been suffering from diabetes from the last 15 yrs. Earlier I was on allopathic medicines and my sugar levels were never under control. Recently I have undergone open heart surgery and from there on I am on insulin but my diabetes is not under control. It is morning 200 afternoon 140 and again in the evening it is around 200. I take 20 units of novorapid in the morning 15 units in the afternoon and 20 units at night. All before meals. Beside that I take tab. Tranjeta and insulin Lents at night. But still my sugar levels are not coming down. Pl help to control my sugar levels.
I having high RDW during CBC test. According to CBC test it was 16.5. What should I do now? Which kind of food is required to cover up this activity? Please help me doctors.
Im 20 ny hair is falling why it so how to control im afraid to become bald at this age what to do for it.
I am 22years old and I'm suffering from insomnia. Even if during the day I spent sleepless I don't get sleep at night as well and sometimes it causes excruciating headache along with shoulder and neck pain. As being a student this thing is really making me restless. Please help!
Hypertrichosis: Symptoms and causes
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development.