Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Galpe DesaiYour feedback matters!
Since last 3 years my mom has joint pain because of falling down we also did checkups in the report the nerves are pressed. So please say what to do?
I am 22yrs old my legs have so much pain, during walk and stand for an hour with my frnds for talking now what to do?
There is knee problem in my knee, whenever I sit for sometime my knee automatically locks itself and it is very painful what to do.
Hi Doc, I have a problem in my upper back portion towards in my neckline. This pain I feel probably alltime, where else, I'm doing my work at office, or else m sleeping or watching tv etc. Though its a very nominal pain, but still its very irritating for me to tackle this pain in a regular day activity. What to do?
Does ayurveda can stop my mild bulge disc pain in the middle which sometimes rarely radiates to legs? I have been doing physiotherapy exercises since a year but not much difference I felt please help what should be done? Some ayurvedic centers claim that bulged disc can be bought back to it's original position to what extent is it true? It's been a year now with the mild disc bulge which still exists and the mild pain please help what should be done there is mild pain at the lower back since a year now and sometimes to legs when I use bike (Enfield bullet) little heavy please guide the best as im only 24 years old and worried thank you.
I having savior back pain how can relief from pain I am a driver I will drive my vechile for a long time up to 10 to 12 hour's I want a easy solution can you help me.
How to cure my back pain. I have all tests like mri, xrays etc. When I am sitting without any support I fell pain or when I stand more than 20 min at a same postion pain again in back. When I work with bending postion. Pain and pain. In sleeping position pain. What I do. Please suggest.
Is there any permanent remedy of Piles-my wife is suffering badly another is that I am suffering from thyroid-back pain at my shoulder and Leg Joints. PLEASE HELP.
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.