Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G Prasant
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. G PrasantYour feedback matters!
A day after a good workout session at gym, I am hearing a popping sound in my shoulder and bone/ muscle overlapping or moving one over other, though I feel a little pain when I move my hand up and down. Just curious to know is it any sign of injury or this happens?
Clashed my left knee on the ground when it was raining, any remedies to get it better because I need to start practising my martial art soon, as I am a Taekwondo player.
I am a 28 year old man feeling weakness for last one week and having pain in my all body specially in legs. What should I do?
Hi, my both knees are swollen and giving intense pain. Also the tendon passing from the knee to the foot is also has pain. Dr. says osteo arthritis. Is there any medicine to reduce the inflammation as well as the pain of knees and the tendon. Allopathic or Greco arabic.
I am 21 year old girl, I am suffering from wrist pain since a month ago. I have used many way to treat it. Kindly give me urs opinion?
I am 20 years old female suffering from back pain from last few months. Whenever I use pain relieving cream it makes me feel better but whenever I stop using cream again I get back ache. What should I do?
I am 60 year old male and start to play badminton after 25 year, now start pain at right side knee and shoulder joint. I have used relief ointment cream but have not relief. What should do now.
Gout is a type of arthritis that causes inflammation, usually in one joint, that begins suddenly.
Gouty arthritis is caused by the deposition of crystals of uric acid in a joint.
Gout can cause symptoms and signs such as
Nodules under the skin called tophi,
- Joint redness,
- Swollen joints,
- Joint pain,
- The warmth of the joint.
The most reliable method to diagnose gout is to have fluid removed from an inflamed joint and examined under a microscope for uric acid crystals.
The primary dietary goal for gout is to limit your intake of foods with high amounts of purine in them. Ideally, you will have little or no foods that are high in purine and only small amounts of those with moderate amounts of purine.
Foods considered high in purine content include:
- Some fish, seafood and shellfish, including anchovies, sardines, mackerel, scallops, herring, mussels, codfish, trout, and haddock
- Some meats such as bacon, turkey, veal, venison, liver, beef kidney, brain, and sweetbreads
- Alcoholic beverages
Foods considered moderate in purine content include:
- Meats such as beef, veal, poultry, pork, and lamb
- Crab, lobster, oysters, and shrimp
- Vegetables such as asparagus, spinach, green peas, mushrooms, and cauliflower
- Kidney beans, lentils, and lima beans
Your other goals will be to:
- Lose weight if you are overweight: make sure that you do this slowly because fast weight loss will actually increase the uric acid levels in your blood.
- Drink plenty of fluids: this can help with removing uric acid from your blood. Be sure to limit fluids with caffeine and/or calories; water and seltzer are the best choices.
- Increase your low-fat dairy intake: there has been some research that has shown that those who drink low-fat milk or consume low-fat yogurt have lower uric acid levels than those who do not.
- Keep your fruit and vegetable intake up: you may get a reduction in your uric acid levels by having fruit, such as cherries, and vegetables (those that are not sources of purine), as part of your diet.
- Chronic gout is treated using medications that lower the uric acid level in the body.
- Left untreated, gout can cause irreversible joint damage, kidney problems, and tophi.
- Triggers for gout attacks include surgery, dehydration, beverages sweetened with sugar or high fructose corn syrup, beer, liquor, red meat, and seafood.
- Cherries may help prevent gout attacks.