Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Fredella Dsilva
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Fredella DsilvaYour feedback matters!
My daughter 2 years old and her teeth starts decay from last 6 month very fast and goto know it cannot be cure until she grown up and we have stoped her bottle feeding because uper portion will decay due to bottle, can you please let us know what need to be done to cure now and stop falling her teeth? and also because of upper teeth contact lower teeth start getting infection.
The last molar teeth in the mouth are called as wisdom teeth. While in some people they erupt completely into the mouth and function with no problem whatsoever, in others, they remain embedded in the bone, erupt incompletely, erupt at an angle, or are covered by bone or a flap of tissue. They are absent in many.
Of late, dentists recommend removal of wisdom teeth, more a preventive than remedial measure. Some of the reasons for wisdom tooth removal are listed below
Impaction: Often, wisdom teeth do not have enough space to erupt in their normal position. This can only be evaluated properly on an x-ray. If the x-ray shows that the tooth is unlikely to erupt because of being blocked by a root or bone, this needs to be removed.
Pericoronitis: The tooth partially erupts into the mouth but is covered by a flap of gum. This attracts food and bacteria to accumulate, leading to decay and infection, a condition called as pericoronitis. Very common in the lower wisdom teeth, it leads to severe tooth pain, painful swallowing and swelling of the lymph nodes. This is the most common cause for wisdom teeth to be removed. An x-ray will reveal the tooth to be infected and sometimes periapical abscess may also be present.
Alignment: Misaligned wisdom teeth exert a constant mild pressure on the adjacent teeth which can hamper the alignment and reverse the effects produced by braces. The bite may be altered also, thereby necessitating removal.
Adjacent Tooth Damage: If the malposed wisdom tooth is causing pocket formation or decay in the adjacent teeth, it is time to get them removed.
Recurrent Sinus Infections: With their proximity to sinuses, there could be constant pain and pressure and infection of the sinuses. This is another indication for their removal.
However, not all wisdom teeth need to be removed. If they have erupted fully, are healthy, produce a good bite, and can be cleaned easily, they do not require removal.
During the teenage years and through 20s, check with your dentist on the health of the wisdom teeth. X-rays can be taken to monitor them and for early identification of problems. If they need to be removed, it is easier to take them out when you're young. The bone surrounding the impacted tooth is less dense, and therefore easier. The ability of the body in general and the jaw bones in particular to heal is also better at a younger age.
Hi, I am suffering since 4 months because of Costochondritis, and again I got pain in facial area first I thought it may be sinus, but after that doctor said it is TMJ pain. May I know the reason and I have this pain since 3 weeks, when it will be cure.
Hi, I wanted to know today while I was in office and eventually the back portion of my tooth came off in pieces I am quiet worried as I smoke also. Kindly help me asap
People have a lot of misconceptions regarding orthodontic / braces treatment.
1. Most commonly I have heard people say if you extract healthy teeth for orthodontic treatment eyesight is affected. Now that is not true. If that was the case then when your teeth decays your eyes should also have the effect. Your teeth are in no ways connected to your eye.
2. Braces weaken your teeth: no braces do not weaken your teeth in fact well aligned teeth are much stronger than crooked teeth because you can clean them better.
3. Braces are meant only for children: that was the early adage. With new technology now braces have become invisible and even adults can get their teeth aligned without the braces being visible outside.
4. Braces can be put only after all permanent teeth have erupted. Not only teeth can be mal aligned but in few cases the jaw bones are also mal aligned. When such is the case visit a orthodontist at a very early age so that we can alter your jaw growth. Once growth ceases you will have to undergo surgery to correct the jaw problem. Ideal age to have your kids shown to an orthodontist is 7 years.
5. Braces do all the job we don't have anything to do. Braces will do their job only if you allow them to. Follow your orthodontist instructions properly and meticulously. Do not break your braces by eating hard food substances. Keep your mouth clean.
Hope these instructions help some of you.