Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
Sir, I have lot of pain in my tongue which was having cut mark on one side of tongue due to biting. Kindly suggest remidy.
My gums are bleeding very nuch everyday without doing any thing because of that my mouth getting bad smell give me any description.
Hi, my teeth are yellow, I tried many tooth pastes but it din't affected, then I went for bleaching, it also din't showed any affect. So, please help me out from this problem.
Practice Good Oral Hygiene
If you’re suffering from bad breath problems, it is important that you brush and floss twice a day. Use fluoride-based toothpaste that will help you to keep your mouth clean and remove food debris and plaque. It is also important to brush your teeth before you go to bed because bacteria can grow in your mouth while you’re asleep. It is also important that you scrape your tongue to remove any residue that may be building up after you eat your meals.
Keep Your Mouth Moist
Keeping your mouth moist is another way to eliminate bad breath issues which is why you need to ensure that you drink good amount of water throughout the day. Drinking adequate amount of water will help you stay hydrated as well. You can also chew sugarless chewing gums or candies that can stimulate production of saliva in your mouth to wash away food particles and bacteria. Choose chewing gums that have xylitol are always recommended.
Watch What You Eat
Certain foods can trigger bad breath in your mouth and therefore you need to keep log of what food you eat. This will help you to narrow down certain food items that worsen your bad breath problems. Similarly, there are certain medications that also trigger mouth odour, hence it is recommended that you talk about it with your dentist. Stay away from tobacco products and avoid smoking which also leads to bad breath issues.
We recommend that you visit your dentist regularly, at least twice a year to conduct an oral exam and professional teeth cleaning and to ensure that your mouth is clean and healthy. Your dentist will also be able to help you know whether the bad breath problem is due to general health conditions or triggered due to any food item or medications.
I have a reverse overjet=1mm and currently wearing braces since a month in upper jaws. I had my 2 lower bicuspids removed to fix the above problem and now awaiting to get lower braces on 14 sep. My question is whether the gap from my removed bicuspids will be fixed only from the braces or will I have to get an implant?
Importance of replacing missing teeth
1) to prevent loss of bone
2) to prevent shifting of the front n back teeth in the available gap
3) to prevent the upper teeth from shifting down.
4) to prevent irreversible damage to the jaw joint.
My father tongue movement stop and slabber so eating problem. Only liquid eating and breathing problem. Last three year.
I have pain in my upper teeth from last 3 weeks. Doctor suggest me going for root canal. What can I do please suggest me
Oral-Systemic health connection:
1.86% of women brush twice daily or more, 66% of men brush daily or more. Does this surprise you?
2. It has been found that brushing for most people removes plaque between 28-52%.
3.12% of people floss daily.
4. It is recommended to brush 2x a day, see a dentist 2x a year, floss 1x a day, & replace your toothbrush 3 to 4x a year.
5. People with dental insurance are more likely to visit the dentist than those without dental insurance.
6. Tongue cleaning with a tongue scraper is proven to help reduce heart attacks, pneumonia, premature births, diabetes, osteoporosis, & infertility in men.
7. Flossing once a day can increase your life expectancy by 6 years.