Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. FinnyYour feedback matters!
Was on novelon 21 day pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of june doubled up with the last. Took a gap of 6 days from 2-7th july. Had my withdrawal bleed from 5-8th july. Started new pack from 8th july night had protected intercourse on 9th july afternoon but the condom used thrice. Next had protected intercourse on 14th july. This was the last intercourse. Missed 21st july pill doubled up with 22nd july pill. Had a very light bleeding on 22nd july morning which was stopped as pills were continued. Pill pack ended on 28th july. Had withdrawal bleed with cramps from 1-6th aug. Pregnancy test at 4,5,6,7,8 weeks. All negative. No symptoms except severe gas with slight pain in lower abdomen on the right side. Was not taking the pill from this month. Since my health was not permitting. Do I need to do further hpt or blood test? Why is their a strong severe pain on the right side of lower abdomen accompanied by gas. Feeling a bit bloated from past 1 day. Is their any risk of pregnancy?
I have twin pregnancy with ivf having 17th week. Foetus A is heart rate 158 bpm, bpd 33 mm, hc 125 mm, ac 102 mm, fl 20 mm and weight 147gms Foetus b heart rate 144bpm. Bpd 33 mm, hc 122 mm, ac 100 mm, fl 20 mm and weight 143 gms. please suggest me is everything alright? I am little worried about weight as weight of both I think is very less as 4 months are going to complete on 20th. What to do to increase weight. please give suggestions.
My wife is pregnant from one month. please tell a good diet plan for her for a good health. Which fruits are good for her health and which should avoid. please advise in detail.
Hammer toe is a condition where the toe of the patient becomes deformed. The appearance of the toe will bear a downward curl that will make it look abnormal. This condition can mostly be seen during the childhood itself and it usually is known to affect the second or third toe on the foot. Let us find out more about the symptoms, risk factors and treatment for this condition.
- Symptoms: The sheer discomfort of walking around with a hammer toe is one of the first symptoms of the condition. The permanent damage will be visible in the way the toe curls and becomes deformed. The formation of corn or calluses is also a common symptom of this condition, while some patients may also experience the growth of claw like toes. Most patients feel pain when they are walking or running even as inflexibility sets in, which makes it difficult to flex the foot or stretch and wiggle the toes properly.
- Risk Factors: While the most common causes of the hammer toe remain an injury or even arthritis, it may be seen that those with a family history and prolonged use of high and pointed heels may be at risk more than others. This deformity can happen at birth or may progress as age catches on, depending on the risk factors at play. Also, when the patient suffers from the growth of calluses, corns and bunions that go untreated for a long time, it may manifest into a hammer toe eventually. This happens because these growths can make the layer of the skin thick and lead to a perpetual formation in the area due to the constant friction that also causes pain and discomfort. People with a high foot arch are also at risk of developing a hammer toe.
- Treatment: The orthopaedic specialist is the best person who can help with the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. While the diagnosis consists of the conduct of an X-ray to find the cause and extent of the damage, the doctor may also conduct nerve function tests to find out if any nerves have been damaged for the condition to have taken place. Also, the specialist will try to find causes like ligament injuries and other such things that could have led to the condition. Accordingly, the treatment method will be put forth. A mild hammer toe can be treated by wearing more comfortable footwear with pads to treat corns and other growths. For a severe condition, surgery is the only way out.
Ensure that you report the smallest and most persistent changes to your doctor so that treatment can take place well in time.
My wife is in doubt of pregnancy. She had not got date since 20 days. And if she does not want to pregnancy what she do?
Sir I am 33 years old mother of two kids 5 years old an2 years old. I am feeling very weak. My body doesn't have any strength. My legs pain alot. Even my arms and hands doesn't have strength. please suggest some medicine to regain strength to manage my active children.
One of my cousin lost her baby girl in 6 month & one baby boy in 8 month after that I was taking treatment in allopathy field before 3 years but still I am not pregnant but recently I found Dr. She said check your apla test. I want to know this test. please suggest me what I do.
Can intercourse during pregnancy is allowable? please let me clarify ;wife is 4 month pregnant. please let me know, Thanking you.
Tired of slogging alone in the gym? Well, it has been seen that people with less friends or a gym buddy tend to skip their sessions more often. Reasons like too tired, too much rain, too much sun and so on and so forth, tend to crop up. But, if you have a health buddy, things become much more bearable and you actually look forward to that time of the day instead of blatantly avoiding it. This is true for diet control, exercising and a host of other health related activities as well. So come and find out how to find a health buddy this Friendship Day, and how having a friend can motivate you to stay healthy!
- Finding a Health Buddy: Look closely in your circle of friends, or even at your acquaintances who live nearby or in the same locality or building as yours. Do you see anyone who is motivated when it comes to healthcare and fitness? Do you see anyone who watches what he or she eats and who also regularly likes to suggest outdoor pursuits when the group has to get together? This friend may be the one who will become the perfect health buddy. Also, if you find someone who is in the same boat as you, but aware of the issues, you can suggest becoming a health buddy because you can both motivate each other.
- Routine: Make a routine with your new health buddy and start meeting each other at regular timings and for a good amount of time. Seek each other out at parties and stay with each other to help avoid eating what you are not supposed to. Message each other your progress every day and report what you eat when you go out without this buddy.
- Avoiding and Dismissing: When someone is knocking at your door at five in the morning, it is usually difficult to avoid or dismiss the impending action due to social and emotional reasons. So, when your gym buddy arrives to pick you up, or when you know you have to meet this person at a certain time, you would not want to keep this friend waiting or dismiss the thought of going to the gym with a press of the snooze button.
- Distractions: Your health buddy with give you positive distractions by way of conversations and other such things so that you do not realise how quickly the gym session or walking time has passed by. Also, with the help of this person, you will probably not get bored which tends to make us eat junk.
So get yourself a healthy buddy this Friendship Day and make a commitment towards health and fitness!
I have irregular period problem, all reports are normal but still I am facing the same problem. Kindly help me.
I am sunitha 30 years old. I am have chocolate cyst in my left overy and I am planning to conceive. And my periods got irregular from last 2 months. Can you please tell me how will I get out of this.
Hi. I have been suffering from lower back pain since two months and taken medication and 10 day physiotherapy and pain is relieved little but still going on. But I have noticed I have early periods for every 20 days since 2-3 months continuously since I had this back pain. Usually I have regular periods of 25-28 days but I m worried about my early 20 day cycle. What could be the reason please help.
4 myths on IVF you should stop believing right now
In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) is one of the popular Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) for treating infertility and helping couples to conceive. The process involves the fertilisation of the egg with the sperm in a laboratory and thereafter, inserting the embryo formed, into the uterus. But lack of understanding about the topic has given rise to a number of myths such as:
Myth 1: IVF increases your fertility levels
Instead of making you more fertile, IVF stops your natural fertility cycle. This is usually done through hormones that are taken at the beginning of the process. The aim of such an action is to essentially put an end to your natural fertility process and create in its place an artificial cycle.
Myth 2: IVF hormone injections make you prone to uncontrollable emotions
In actuality, IVF hormone injections don’t cause you to suffer from out of control emotions but make you happier. This is because they come packed with the female hormone oestrogen, which produce endorphins (brain chemicals) that give you a sense of wellbeing. The wave of emotions that you end up experiencing is a result of the stress and anxiety surrounding the success of a cycle.
Myth 3: IVF never fails but is always successful
The success of the procedure depends on a number of factors such as quality and quantity of embryos and age. It is said that chances of conception decreases with age, with women above 40 reporting reduced fertility potential as well as success rate. On the other hand, women below the age of 35 have about 41% chance of getting pregnant.
Myth 4: It causes you to have triplets or twins
No, it’s not necessary for multiple births to take place if you opt for IVF. You can reduce the prospect of having twins or triplets by cutting down on the number of embryos that get inserted into the uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Tobacco harms people around you even if they don't smoke.
Quit tobacco, save your children.
What is secondhand smoke?
Secondhand smoke is the term doctors use for the smoke that people who do not smoke breathe in from other people's smoking. Another term for secondhand smoke is" environmental tobacco smoke"
Does secondhand smoke cause health problems in children?
Yes. Studies have shown that secondhand smoke from people smoking in the home can cause health problems in children. These problems are worse if both parents smoke.
What health problems can secondhand smoke cause in children?
Secondhand smoke increases the chance of children having the following health problems:
●Breathing symptoms, such as coughing, coughing up mucus, or wheezing (noisy breathing)
●Lung infections, such as bronchitis and pneumonia – these infections can be especially serious in babies and young children.
●Asthma – asthma is a lung condition that makes it hard to breathe. It doesn't cause symptoms all the time. But when symptoms flare up, children wheeze, cough, or get a tight feeling in their chest.
●The lungs not growing normally during childhood
●Hearing loss (later in childhood)
Later on as adults, children who grew up with secondhand smoke are more likely to get:
●Other types of cancers
Also, children who grow up with parents who smoke are more likely to take up smoking themselves.
What if my child already has asthma?
If your child already has asthma, secondhand smoke can make his or her symptoms worse or severe. Also, secondhand smoke causes children with asthma to need their asthma medicines or go to the hospital more often.
Can secondhand smoke affect an unborn baby?
Yes. If a woman (who doesn't smoke) lives in a home with secondhand smoke, her baby has a higher chance of weighing less than normal at birth.
What problems can happen if a woman smokes during pregnancy?
Women who smoke during pregnancy have a higher chance of having a miscarriage, which is when a pregnancy ends on its own before the baby can live outside the womb.
When a woman smokes during pregnancy, her baby has a higher chance of:
●Being born too early
●Not growing as much as normal in the uterus (womb)
●Being born with a birth defect
●Dying from sudden infant death syndrome (called" sids") later on – sids is when a baby dies suddenly during sleep for no known reason.
Is it enough to just make a smoke-free room in my home?
No. If you want to help your child's health, you need to make your whole home smoke-free. You also need to make your car smoke-free. It will not help enough to make a smoke-free room or to smoke at home only when your child is not there. Also, using an air cleaner will not help.
What should I do if I want to quit smoking?
If you want to quit smoking, think of the letters in the word" start" they can help you remember the steps to take:
S = set a quit date.
T = tell family, friends, and the people around you that you plan to quit.
A = anticipate or plan ahead for the tough times you'll face while quitting.
R = remove cigarettes and other tobacco products from your home, car, and work.
T = talk to your doctor or nurse about getting help to quit.
Your doctor or nurse can help you in different ways. He or she can:
●Put you in touch with a counselor – a counselor can help you figure out what triggers your smoking and what you can do instead.
●Prescribe medicines to help you quit smoking.
Some medicines reduce your craving for cigarettes. Others reduce unpleasant symptoms (called" withdrawal symptoms') that happen when you stop smoking.