Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. FinnyYour feedback matters!
Sir my girlfriend period normal 32-35 days. She Bleeding starts 17 June. I had sex with her 14th day of cycle. But I gave her i-pill 45 hour. But there is no menstrual bleeding still. But she has tested prega news July 12 July 17 and July 18 already test 6 prega news but answer is negative. She is pregnant or not I am so worrying sir thank you please help me.
I have my first relationship with my husband. After that I have taken an ipill. My period has also come at right time. After 9 days of taking ipill, I fill digestive problems and secretion of white fluid is more. Are these the side effects of ipill? Will ipill affect my future pregnancy? Pls help me, am soo tense?
Hi, What natural remedies are there for heart burn during pregnancy What natural remedies for nausea during pregnancy after 3 months.
Sir I am man. But I have my chest nipples like women when I run it becomes normal like man but only for five minutes after that it again turns into like girls nipples.
My age is now 29 & wife age is 27. We already have one baby boy. His DOB is: 27-2-2012. During birth he is been to Hypoxia & now he is suffering from Cerebral Palsy. We are planning for another baby. Now we have done few tests like HIV 1&2, CBC, VDRL, HPLC, Sugar, Hepatitis B & C, CMV (IgG, etc. All tests come normal apart from CMV (IgG) ie 30.10 which seems reactive. Can you please specify what is this. Also is there is any medicine to make it non-reactive? Is this cause anything on our new born baby? Please provide us some details with solution.
I had mtp in 20 days of pregnancy after that my bleeding was not stopping till 1 month I bleed for which I took trenaxa now my bleeding is stopped but there is some brown color fluid coming out means 1-3 drops in a day and sometimes I feel mild stomachache .My ultrasound and CBC report is normal Which I have earlier shown to my doctor .Can you please help me out with this I am scared of if it is associated with cancer and why it's not stopping. If it could be an infectious condition please tell me some medicine.
Pregnancy is considered to be one of the most challenging and important phases in the life of a woman.
Pregnancy Complications are health problems that occur during pregnancy. They can involve the mother’s health, the baby’s health, or both. Some women have health problems before they become pregnant that could lead to complications. Other problems arise during the pregnancy. Keep in mind that whether a complication is common or rare, there are ways to manage problems that come up during pregnancy.
Some complications that might occur during pregnancy are discussed below:
- Severe Nausea and Vomiting: It is common for nausea and vomiting to occur during a pregnancy. In order to avoid this condition, one should consume several small meals throughout the day and completely avoid spicy and fatty foods.
- A persistent abdominal pain, severe headache, swelling and visual disturbances during the third trimester: This can be a fatal condition and often is a sign of high blood preeclampsia (pregnancy complication involving high blood pressure as well as damage to another organ system). It can be diagnosed early using good prenatal care which essentially comprises of frequent check-ups with the doctor and all the necessary treatment during pregnancy.
- Flu Symptoms: It is recommended that flu vaccine should be administered to pregnant women as they usually tend to develop the disease during their pregnancy.
- Gestational Diabetes: Gestational diabetes can increase the chance of a larger baby at birth and create delivery complications, increase your risk for high blood pressure and cause the baby to have blood sugar problems after birth. If you are diagnosed, it’s important to consult your gynecologist to control your blood sugar level, which can often be done through diet and exercise.
- Baby’s activity level significantly declines: Sometimes, the activity of a previously active baby might decline. This can be felt by reducing the number of the kicks by the baby. The doctor has specific equipment that aids in identifying and resolving the problem.
- Bleeding: Heavy bleeding accompanied by abdominal pain and menstrual-type cramps during the first trimester might indicate an ectopic pregnancy (embryo is implanted outside one’s uterus) or a miscarriage while occurrence in the third semester indicates placental abruption (characterized by the placenta separating from the womb’s walls). Any form of bleeding warrants the immediate attention of the doctor. Steps to avoid bleeding include bed rest, avoiding heavy work, and keeping yourself hydrated.
A Healthy Pregnancy-
The best way to ensure a healthy pregnancy is to focus on the things you can control and don’t obsess about what could happen. Take good care of yourself and your developing baby and talk with your healthcare provider when you have concerns. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wedding was on june 18th and I was on my periods that day. We mated a week later on june 26th. My next period came on due date, i.e on july 20th. But it went missing in august. I checked using a kit and got negative result. But the period is still missing even after 14 days from due date. Is it that I have conceived or something else is the reason? What should I do?
Emergency contraception refers to method of contraception that can be used after sexual intercourse
Methods of emergency contraception are
- 1insertion of cu-t within 5 days of sexual contact
- 2 emergency contraceptive pills --tab levonorgesterol (i-pill, unwanted 72) to be taken within 72 hours but are more effective if taken within 24 hours
- Tab ulipristal acetate 30 mg
- 3.3-5 tablets of oral contraceptive pill.
Tab levonorgesterol 1.5 mg single dose is most commonly used emergency contraception. Here we will be discussing emergency contraceptive pill -levonorgesterol (ecp)
Ecp prevents pregnancy by delaying ovulation (egg release). It does not interrupt an existing pregnancy
Ecp should be used in following conditions -
- Unprotected intercourse
- Concerned about regular contraceptive failure. Like condom tears or slips. Missed pill for regular 3 days etc
- Incorrect use of contraceptive
- Sexual assault
Ecp prevents 95% of pregnancy if taken within 72hours of unprotected intercourse
There are no medical contraindication to use of ecp but it should not be used regularly, after the use of ecp a regular contraceptive method should be resumed. Like oral contraceptive pill or iucd or injectable contraceptives
Side effects of ecp use are-
- Nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness, abdominal cramps, headache, dizziness
- Regular intake of ecp may cause menstrual irregularities like---
- Inter menstrual spotting
- Delayed or early periods
- Heavy periods
If periods are delayed after intake of ecp urine pregnancy test should be done
Thus emergency contraceptive pill should not be considered an alternative to regular contraceptive method. Regular contraceptive method should be adopted and ecp should be used only in emergency.
Hello Doctor I want to ask that i have got married since was on 10th december 2013 and still now we dont want to get chance around more 2 years is it possible or it may be harmful.Pls give your result about this.I have also white discharge problem but i have took the treatment for this now there is too much improvement in the discharge problem.
A woman is the primary health care taker in a family. She is the first person a child consults when he or she is sick; she looks after the nutrition of the entire family, she is the one who dresses your wounds at home. According to a study conducted on 500 mumbai families the monitoring of a disease, the nutrition and proper intake of medicines is monitored by the lady of the house. This women’s day let us look into the health problem she faces. Let us take care of our daughters, sisters, wives, mothers and grandmothers.
A woman faces many changes in her life, firstly at puberty, during pregnancy and child birth and menopause. During each of this change her body goes through many changes physically, mentally and emotionally which can cause a deviation in her state of health. It is here that homoeopathy comes to be of great aid for her.
Let us look at few homoeopathic medicines that can give the woman in your family a disease free life:
1) Dysmenorrhoea that is painful menses: every woman has faced this problem in her life. This pain can incapacitate her from her work. Mag phos is an excellent remedy for dysmenorrhoea. Severe cramping pain in lower abdomen relieved by warm fomentation is relieved when mag phos is taken in 6x potency.
2) Remedies such as calc carb, bovista etc are of good use in leucorrhoea that is white discharge from vagina but these remedies are best taken on prescription of registered homoeopathic practitioner.
3) A common complaint a woman faces during pregnancy is vomiting during pregnancy. Medicines such as nux vomica and sepia will help a great deal in this complaint. A pregnant lady must take care that if she is vomiting more than 3 times a day and cannot retain slightest solid or liquid then she must consult the practitioner immediately.
4) Another change that comes in a woman’s life is at menopause. As the name it self suggests that it means the end of her fertility cycle. During this period a woman complaints of palpitations, weakness, irritability, hot flashes etc. The medicine belladonna will help you against the hot flashes and palpitation. Women rapidly lose bone density after menopause increasing their risk of osteoporosis. Calc phos taken in 6x potency will help in such case.
The health authorities all over the world are trying to educate and inform people regarding the woman’s health. It is time that we wake up to the reality of healthy women being the harbingers of a healthy nation and work individually and collectively in this regard.
Actualyy meri wife ko 3 and half month ka baby hai. hamari saadi december ko hi hui hai or sab family vaale agree nahi hai so. Abortion ho sakata hai.
Hello Dr. my age is 29 years old and wt 58 kg my first baby is 7 years old but my 2 baby because of my studies I had an abortion dnc in December after that from March onwards my tummy and thigh area are slightly increased. But I want to stay slim and fit. Pls suggest and reply what to do. Pls help. Thanks and regards.
Everyone wants a slim suave figure and heads to a gym to work out and get trim. Fitness has its own share of myths and misconceptions
Almost everyone heads to a gym these days. If the guys want six pack abs the girls want well toned hips and thighs. Working out is good but there are several myths and misconceptions which shroud fitness. Dr. Earnest vijay, fitness director, o2 health studio dispels some of these myths.
Doing crunches helps to get six pack abs
This is not true. Men do crunches for abs and women do for well toned hips and thighs. The truth is that crunches only work on the muscles and not on the fat. If you see a surya or a hrithik roshan with six pack abs remember they haven’t had a sip of water for over 24 hours to get that look! so crunches alone don’t help to get six packs.
Spot reduction- does it work?
People come to the gym saying they want spot reduction. They want to lose weight only on the arms not on the face, only on the face not on the cheeks etc. The truth is that you cannot choose and loose in exercise. Fat loss is an overall phenomenon is exercise and also based on genetics. We say what is the first to come is the last to go! so spot reduction doesn’t work for sure!
Crash dieting- how effective?
People follow crash diets and they do loose weight but it piles back in no time. These crash diets have no proper balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Most of them are high in protein and are un healthy because they don’t give the body the required minerals. It is important to consult a dietician and take the recommended dietaty allowances according to the body weight and it should be a plan that can be followed for a life time.
Yo yo effect
There is a huge misconception that you lose weight when you are exercising in the gym and when you stop gymming you gain back double the weight. This is not true. You won’t gain more if you maintain a certain level of physical activity even outside the gym and also continue to follow the diet. It is only when you don’t burn the calories you consume it gets stored as fat and tend to put on weight.
Weight training builds muscles
Many women don’t do weight training because they think they will build up muscles. The truth is that women have no hormones which can cause muscles to build up. Weight training actually helps to strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis in women.
Do you need supplements?
Proteins and fat burners are not required if you are eating healthy and working out well. The recommended protein requirement is 1 gram of protein per kg body weight per day and this we get from our diet itself. Fat burners cause adverse effects to the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
Don’t take water while working out?
Water is needed before, during and after exercise. The best is to weight yourself before the work out and after the work out and consume as much water as the weight you have lost during the work out. It is important to remain well hydrated to prevent cramps, heat strokes and it helps you perform better in the gym.
Yoga helps for weight loss
Fitness involves a cardio vascular fitness, muscle strengthening, flexibility and body composition and there is a specific exercise for all. Yoga helps only the flexibility, stress and improves the breathing capacity. One needs to do specific exercises for specific goals and yoga alone may not help for weight loss.
Exercise causes over eating
Moderately intense exercise does not cause over eating. This means you don’t go out of breath while exercise. Only people who over do it, get completely breathless end up over eating after exerciseing.
Skipping meals- does it help?
It is said that those who skip breakfast to lose weight usually end up eating 100 calories more than required for lunch. It is important to break meals into 5 portions and have balanced quantities of carbohydrates, proteins and fats in them. A well balanced meal is important to keep the body healthy.
So all you fitness freaks out there…. Make sure you eat healthy, exercise well, don’t believe in myths that misguide you! a simple work out, a healthy diet and a positive frame of mind can all get you to the figure you always dreamt of!