Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Fernandis
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. FernandisYour feedback matters!
Iam suffering from heavy hair fall and need necessary actions to reduce hair. Can you please suggest me.
I am 53 year old male. Receding hairline and thinning of hair on the front portion of the head is quite usual at this age, I understand. Whether hair transplantation is effective, without side effects and sustainable? After hair transplantation, whether any medicine should be taken to prevent further hair fall? What type of surgeon could be approached for this treatment? Minoxidil based external medicines have any side effects?
Do you suffer from acne and have acne marks all over your face? Acne or acne vulgaris is a condition where ugly scars appear on the surface of your face. Acne cause scars, some of which may be permanent. Acne scars ruin your face and affect your appearance and self-esteem. You can adopt simple ways and methods to get rid of acne marks.
Here are some home remedies to cure this skin condition:
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel contains vitamins, which helps in the fading and healing of acne marks. Aloe vera is gentle on the skin, has no side effects and does not cause skin irritation. It acts as a moisturizer, nourishes the skin, and makes it softer.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is quite effective for the management of acne scars. It is a hydrating substance and is rich in vitamin A and C, and magnesium. These are essential for good skin health. You simply need to cut cucumber slices and apply them on the surface of the skin affected with acne breakout.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is commonly used for treating acne scars. It contains sodium bicarbonate crystals which help in skin exfoliation when used as a cleaning scrub. You need to make a paste by combining baking soda with water and apply it to the affected area of your skin. The pores get cleaned and blemishes are prevented.
- Honey: Honey acts as a natural moisturizer and helps in getting rid of acne marks. Instead of using processed honey, you need to use raw and fresh honey. You have to apply honey on the acne marks and gently massage it. You can combine ground cinnamon with honey as it acts as an effective pore cleanser.
- Coconut oil: Coconut acts as an excellent natural moisturizer and has a good healing capability. You have to massage your acne-affected skin with fresh coconut oil and allow it to get absorbed into your skin. Coconut oil contains fatty acids and vitamins which make your skin healthier.
- Lemon: Lemon juice is an alpha hydroxyl acid. It helps in healing, fading scars and revitalizing the skin. You need to mix lemon juice with a small amount of water and apply it on your acne-affected skin using a cotton ball. During this lemon treatment, you must stay away from direct sunlight. This is because lemon makes the skin extra sensitive to the harmful rays of the sun.
You can try other natural remedies like potato juice, rose hip seed oil, and sugar scrub.You should increase the amount of vitamin E intake. All these simple remedies are very effective in getting rid of acne scars.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife facing melasma type problem on her face. She used many type of cream but not result. Now she want to use hydroquinone cream. I want to know this type of cream is good for removing melasma problem?
How to get rid of pimples and black spots on the face? Can you suggest any cream to that to get rid of pimples?
As time passes in the mundane chores of our everyday life, the more we grow old. This is one truth of our lives is something that can never be altered. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. There are a lot of anti-aging creams in the market, but instead of going through the tedious process of applying them over and over to get satisfying results, an inclusion of natural herbs and spices in your daily diet will not only reduce the signs of aging from your body but also make you feel and look younger.
Advantages of herbs and spices
Most of the herbs and spices contain a healthy amount of antioxidants, minerals and multivitamins, which help improve blood cholesterol levels and the regulation of the blood glucose level. Not to forget that the addition of a suitable amount of herbs and spices in your regular diet increases the taste quotient of even a bland meal. The herbs and spices that really work well as anti-aging agents are as follows:
- Basil: It contains a healthy amount of flavonoids which prevents the body cells from significant damage due to oxidation and strengthens the immune system in general thus, making you feel and look younger.
- Cardamom and mint leaves: This particular spice and herb are particularly useful to relieve your body from any symptoms of indigestion. It also helps in the detoxification of the body.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps to control the blood sugar level of the body and also helps to protect the body from obesity.
- Cloves: Cloves helps to initiate better digestion with the help of the anti-inflammatory properties within the herb. This will help keep the digestion problems at bay and thus act as an anti-aging agent
- Ginger: Ginger helps to prevent migraines, provide relief from rheumatoid arthritis and the treatment of indigestion and inflammation. This will also help relieve skin inflammation which is where many of the skin disorders may make you look old.
- Turmeric: A pinch of turmeric in your daily main course can reduce chances of deadly disease like arthritis, asthma, gall bladder disorders and lung cancer. Garlic helps in the activation of liver enzymes which eliminates the toxins from the body.
- Parsley: Parsley contains a rich amount of iron and a regular intake might help in the cleansing of the blood. This will help remove blemishes and thus make your skin look younger.
- Bay leaves and saffron: A regular but limited intake of bay leaves and saffron provides you with a calm and serene temperament. This can lower stress and stop many of the harmful effects, such as aging related problems.
- Cumin: Cumin also contains a lot of iron which helps boost the digestive system and thus keeps your body functioning properly acting as an anti aging ingredient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.