Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. FernandisYour feedback matters!
Due to certain incident in may 2015 though it was protected sex, I had done my hiv test on 7th day, 135th day and 174th day from that incident. All report was negative. Do I need further test as I am scared and for last 6 month I am facing many health issues like hip pain, fissure, mouth sores, itching in lower part of legs or below knee.
I was very handsome and fair in my childhood but I as I aged, I started to look ugly and my skin became dull and dark with acne and scars. Can I regain that complexion back again? Thank You.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique of hair transplant has obtained considerable popularity over the past several years. This developing technique makes use of a small round punch to extort follicular units from the patient's donor areas. The follicular units are grouped to form grafts and then relocated into the patient's balding areas.
What makes FUE better than FUT?
FUE is essentially a subtype of FUT (Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation). FUT can be performed in two ways, either by microscopic strip harvesting technique or by FUE. The less persistent nature and rapid healing time have made FUE gain that extra edge over FUT.
How FUE is performed?
The follicular unit grafts usually occur in a grouping of one, two, three or four hairs. These grafts are carefully harvested directly from the donor scalp using a small punch whose size typically varies from 0.7 to 1mm. Through a multiple step blunt dissection process, the underlying follicular unit is alienated from the neighboring tissues. Thereafter, the follicular units can be extorted with the help of forceps. The pores left behind post removal of follicle get healed within few days.
These extracted follicles are relocated to the patient's balding areas with the help of forceps. This hair transplantation is done either immediately after a single graft is extracted or after the entire harvest is over. The entire extraction and relocation of hair follicle is carried out by experts of the field, aided by trained technicians.
Advantages of FUE:
- Less Invasive Technique: Unlike FUT, FUE involves individual extraction of follicles directly from the scalp using small punches. Thus, it does not require any closure of post-extortion wounds. This makes FUE less invasive in nature. This is definitely an advantage of FUE which makes it popular among the masses.
- No Linear Scars and Rapid Healing: FUT often leaves behind linear scars on patient's occipital and temporal areas of the scalp. Furthermore, the wounds due to FUT take more time to heal. Both of these problems are considerably reduced by opting FUE. FUE creates small, circular scars after the transplantation, which goes undetected. The wounds also get healed much rapidly.
- Option for Body Hair Transplantation: FUE opens wide options for probable donor areas of hair follicles. The hair follicles can be extracted from any part of donor's body which has got feasible hair growth. Thus, the hair supply gets increased for any hair repair operation.
- Best Suited Eyebrow Reconstruction: All those typical hair transplants, which require extortion of limited number of single hair follicles, FUE is best suited. The hair follicles are individually examined and picked by the FUE surgeons as per the requirement. Therefore, it is best suited for critical procedures like eyebrow reconstruction.
By exploring the advantages of FUE, it can be easily concluded that this developing hair transplantation technique will surely get highly popular in the coming years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am suffering from pimples from class 7th now I am in last year of graduation but I still have pimples my face has spots nd black head what should I do please sir Tell me I am very upset.
I have pimples on face and hairs becomes white 10-15% even shaving hairs also getting whitish please suggest me diet plan to overcome this problems.
Wrinkles are a normal yet unsightly sign of aging, which can come about due to various reasons including too much exposure to the sun, poor diet, excessive smoking and drinking, lack of proper sleep, advent of age, loss of moisture and elasticity as well as collagen, which creates a smooth and supple look and other such reasons. Cosmetic and plastic surgeons are now turning to a variety of methods to lessen the pronounced look of wrinkles and remove them for younger looking skin.
Here are a few methods currently in use:
- Fillers: Fillers like collagen and others including poly lactic acid, Calcium Hydroxylapatite and Hyaluronic acid can be used to restore the elasticity of the skin even as they provide precious hydration. These injectables can be used on the face as well as on hands for a smooth and supple look.
- Botox: To get rid of the lines on the forehead and to prevent the onset of more pronounced wrinkles, Botox or Botulinum Toxin Type A is a favoured element used by many cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists. This is usually administered via injection.
- Retinoids: This is administered with a surgical procedure in order to remove uneven pigmentation as well as the roughness of skin, which sets in with age and excessive smoking and sun exposure. It may cause skin peeling and redness.
- Laser: The use of laser resurfacing can also help in stimulating collagen production of the skin, which restores some of its elasticity so that wrinkles may be removed and further wrinkles prevented.
- Surgery: The use of surgical methods like face lifts, brow lifts and other cosmetic processes can help in giving the skin a tighter look, which does away with the appearance of wrinkles. These are usually minor procedures from which one will heal fast.
- Dermabrasion: This method is a surgical one that basically sands the surface of the skin in order to remove the wrinkles. It can cause side effects like permanent discolouration of the skin as well as scarring of sensitive skin in particular.
- Peels: Glycolic acid peels and deeper peels that use elements like Salicylic acid can be used to go deep into the skin and making it smooth again. It basically makes a difference to the fine lines. There is a chance of side effects like scarring, bruising and general discolouration in this method as well.
Adequate sleep, good nutrition, avoiding excessive sun exposure and a good skin care regimen can help in keeping wrinkles at bay for a long time. Moisturising with products that contain plenty of vitamin A and E can also help in reducing fine lines.
I have a many of black marks on my face n I oftenly use no marks cream but it did not work properly so wht should I do for a clear face.
Are you observing uneven pigmentation on your skin? In this condition, the color of your skin may get different in different places and it affects people of all skin colors, types and backgrounds. Skin pigmentation may arise from several factors such as exposure to sunlight, skin damage, inflammation and certain genetic conditions. It is mostly caused due to an overproduction or underproduction of melanin.
Here are the different types of skin pigmentation
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of concentrated melanin. These tend to darken with exposure to more sunlight. Freckles are more common in people with a fair complexion.
- Age spots or liver spots: These are also called solar lentigos. This is a type of skin pigmentation, which is mostly associated with aging and prolonged exposure to UV light. This condition is more common in people beyond the age of 40 as the skin starts losing its ability of repairing sun damage.
- Birthmarks: These are unusual blemishes on the skin, which are found during birth. They also develop some weeks after birth. Pigmented birthmarks and vascular birthmarks are the two primary types of this pigmentation.
- Melasma: Melasma occurs in both men and women. It is more common in women, especially among pregnant women who use contraceptive pills and women receiving hormone replacement therapy. The condition occurs due to over activation of melanocytes by estrogen and progesterone. When the skin gets exposed to sunlight, it leads to an increase in melanin production.
Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation
This condition arises due to an increased production of melanin because of inflammatory responses. The inflammation occurs during a trauma in the skin layers. It may occur due to various reasons such as acne, skin injury, infections, dermatitis, medications, allergic reactions and some medicines.
Treatment for skin pigmentation
For treating skin pigmentation which occurs because of melanin overproduction, it is recommended for you to get less exposed to sunlight, especially in the affected area. This will prevent the condition from worsening. You should always apply an SP 30+ sunscreen while going out in the sun and cover the affected area from sunlight. The treatment of skin pigmentation depends on several factors, such as the type and cause of pigmentation and the layer of skin where it occurs. There are several modes of treatment, which include pigmentation removal, skin peels, skin needling and many more. These are quite effective in the treatment of different skin pigmentation types.
It is recommended that you consult a skin specialist in case you experience any symptoms of skin pigmentation. This will enable you to have a quick diagnosis and after knowing about the type you are affected with, treatment steps can be started.
Hi I'm a male or boy wat should we eat or have in lunch wat foods or wat should we eat or have in lunch to be healthy and keep our body healthy and our skin fair, glowing and healthy please tel me plz.
I have an itching sensation around and on my genitals. I had a foreplay before that week, with my girlfriend. My parts touched hers. I'm kinda worried now, the itching doesn't stop at all. I always keep it clean, still not helping.
Dr. my face is so dry, I have already consult a doctor and he gave me a medicine imograf but still can't be cure. I am 28 years old and blood group is O+. Dr. how can I cure it and I would be thankful Dr.
I am not getting a proper beard growth some patch of my cheeks does not have facial hair and it makes me keep clean shaven please recommend me some medicines for it.
My upper lips skin gets peel off every time and a new skin comes. Its been happening for last 5 years. I tried lot of medication with no significant effect.
I have a hair fall and my hairs are not growing healthy it's like dead cells what I have to do please give me suggestions.
Scabies is a type of skin conditions that causes itching and rashes. This dermatological condition is caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, a microscopic mite. It is a contagious condition, which can spread through physical contact. An estimate shows that scabies infects over 300 million people worldwide per year.
This eight-legged microscopic mite creates a tunnel in the human skin and lays eggs in it. These larvae move under the surface of the skin and spread across the whole body, once hatched. Dogs, cats, and mice can also be affected by this disease. It usually takes 2-6 weeks for the symptoms to develop. Signs and symptoms of scabies involve itching, rashes, sores and thick crusts on the surface of the skin.
Some of the risk factors of scabies are:
- Scabies spreads through direct, prolonged skin-to-skin contact with a person who has mites.
- An infected person can easily pass scabies to his/her household or sexual partners. Scabies in adults is usually sexually acquired.
- The likelihood of scabies increases easily under crowded conditions, which involve close body and skin contact. Nursing homes, prisons, and several types of care facilities are sites of scabies outbreaks.
- Immunocompromised, elderly and disabled people also suffer from an increased likelihood of contracting this skin condition.
Complications of scabies include:
- Persistent and vigorous scratching can break the surface of your skin, which can lead to secondary bacterial infections. Impetigo, a superficial infection, is a quite common occurrence in such cases.
- Crusted scabies, the most severe form of scabies, can be common in certain groups. People suffering from diseases such as HIV or leukemia who have weakened immune systems as well as severely ill people have high risks of contracting this condition. This condition, also known as Norwegian scabies, is very contagious and also hard to cure.