Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Falguni ShahYour feedback matters!
I am having sensitivity in my front teeth and I have had fillings before 6 months and now when I have any hot items I feel sensitivity and it disappears. But I don't have any problem with the cold items. What can I do to overcome this?
Mere throat mai 1 month se pain hai. Meri tongue mai white colour ke spots bhi hai. Aur weakness bohot zyada hai.
What are the essential food for to get whiter and stronger teeth? My teeth appeared as yellow in color? What should I do?
Hey I m 18 yrs old girl. Mere mouth se bahut smell aati h jisse me bht pareshan hu. Give me a gud advice.
I have my front tooth that is a bit outward from the whole jaw line n looks odd when I smile. Is there any other way out than braces ?
Suddenly I m notice a gap between my upright teeth. And I m eating some stronger food starts pain there. What I do for ends the problem? Please give m a proper answer.
Their is soo much pain in my teeth and gums, basically pain is in thw root of teeeth in gum area after I scrath there by a key, the pain is unbearable, please suggest me somd mild pain killer.
Respected sir. I was eaten gutkha now i am not eating gutkha last 4 year. Sir my mouth is not open properly. Pleas give me advice and do needful treatment soon as possible. Thanks regard.
Sir I have a problem in my teeth there is a more plaque jamed in my teeth what is the solution of this disease.
I am having problem in my tooth. I brush my teeth twice a day but whenever I brush my teeth, it bleeds too much. What is the main issue. How to cure it?
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?