Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ethe ShyamYour feedback matters!
I have developed swelling on inner side of left eye and in top od eyelid. It is paining and I think its sty. Please suggest what to do.
I have my eyes problem, mainly in left eyes, some pain in my eyes and my eyes always few red colour and also pain comes when I see tv or computer work.
I have red eyes for over few 3 days. What should I do? And I also have pain on my eyes. So please say me what should I do?
My colleague has got 225 sugar recently which is for the first time. At the same time he has got malaria and his eye sight is extremely poor. How should he go ahead?
My age is 38 f i am a diabetic since 4yrs, my vision getting blurred, my teeth swells blood sometimes also giddiness. I am taking glimeperide 2mg if I go to some other doctor they also tell to take the same medicine only what to do?
When I was 6 years old one accident happen with me I which my both eyes vision has been gone please suggest me which doctor is suitable for my treatment.
Hello sir, I am 25 years male, working computer related work in 8 hours. So lot of trouble in back pain & eye problems.
Can lasik sbk eye surgery be detected in medical test please tell me about this I selected in defence and I have a spex of 2 D.
I have red eyes from 2days what should I do give me a suggestion and my brother have symptom of flu what should I do can you giv me suggest I have do not go anyway.
Hi I am told that I have carnia in my eyes. I have been advised to go for scan before performance of cataract surgery. Whether by taking macugold tab for 3 months that can be cured and in that case scan may not be needed. Doctors say contract surgery is not needed urgently and can be postponed for 6 months, during this six months period whether the above medicine advised for 3 months will have desired effect on carnia
Got 6 minus in left eye and 7 minus no. In right eye and age is just 19 yet also height problem how to cure this is any hope is there or else have to be with this whole life?
I have irritation in my eyes continuously and my eyes are reddish all the time. I've tried many eye drops too but never got relieved.
My eyes eaches during summer time what should I do? I have taken medicine also but it works until I am taking medicine.
I am computer science student. Most of the time I uses computer. Now a days I am suffering from head ache. Uses meny remedies but no use. What to do?
Eyelid spacer grafts are widely used by cosmetic surgeons for treating abnormalities in the lower eyelid. Spacer grafts are surgically used for tectonic support. Spacer grafts are scientific and the technology used helps in virally inactivating tissues, and also in the preservation and sterilization of tissues. They are immunologically and biologically safe. Eyelid spacer grafts are commonly used after undergoing a blepharoplasty surgery of the eyelids
When are eyelid spacer grafts used?
Many people have puffy and fat eyelids. Lower eyelid blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery, which effectively cures such disorders. The process involves removal of extra fat and skin from the lower eyelids and trimming of excess skin. Eyelid retraction is another condition pertaining to the eyelids, where the eyelids look like they have been pulled down. This condition arises from the removal of too much skin during blepharoplasty. Loose ligament support and excess scarring in the eyelids also lead to eyelid retraction. When this condition does not cease in the post- operational period, eyelid spacer grafts may be used.
Benefits of eyelid spacer grafts
- Eyelid spacer grafts are effective and helpful in a large number of conditions. The major benefit of spacer grafts is to repair lowered eye retraction after carrying out a blepharoplasty surgery.
- The eyelids are lengthened vertically as a result of using eyelid spacer grafts. This helps in better closure of the lids and also reduces eye irritation in patients.
- The eyelids are made to look more natural when they are in resting position. Spacer grafts are placed at the back of an eyelid. Thus, they are not visible from the outside.
- The recovery time after using eyelid spacer grafts is almost the same as most eyelid surgeries in general. The results are usually very effective.
- Eyelid space grafters are not the only ones used for repairing eyelid retraction, but these are certainly one of the most efficient ones. They give proper support to the lower eyelid, which is required for the proper closure of the eyelids and maintain proper eyelid positioning after a blepharoplasty surgery.
- Eyelid spacer grafts ensure permanent cure of eyelid retraction, and it is unlikely that this disorder will occur again after eyelid spacer grafts have been used.
- Eyelid spacer grafts have proven to be one of the best remedies for eyelid retraction, which many people experience after having a blepharoplasty surgery. There are different types of eyelid spacer grafts that will be recommended by your surgeon to correct eyelid retraction, depending on your case. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.