Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. DwarakanthYour feedback matters!
I am losing couple of bunch of my hairs daily. And when I wash my hair I lose approx. 200 to 250 hairs. At the duration of comb my hair it is approx. 100 to 150 . Please tell me the reasons and cure to improve?
Sir thanks for reply. I am 55 yrs. Old female. Suffering from anxiety. On Dr. advice taking 100 mg. Zosert 1 and half lorazepam. I am on this medicine from 25 days. I amalso taking 25 mg of lobar bp medicine. I could not sleep. So I was able to sleep after taking 2and half mg. Lozepam. Recently I went to Dr. He gave me 25 mg. Qutan and 1 lorazepam I. E. 1 mg. But I could not sleep. It has been six days that I am taking 2 mg. Lorazeoam and 25 mg. Qutan. Now I sleep and no head pain. But my husband saying take 1 lorazepam. Please help me. I am also on pacemaker for the last 10 yrs. Otherwise fine happy. But anxiety problem.
Some time, I have big pain suddenly till a minute, near the heart area. What is it. Is it dangerous for me? Please tell me.
I have pcod. Most of the time I have low bp. And hemoglobin is also not upto the mark. I feel weak all the time. I need a good diet chart except medicines.
Hi, I am Alex. I had undergone an URS surgery for kidney stone on 2nd Mar, 2016. There is a stent in kidney- bladder. And I would like to know if I can have Sex? Also, how to avoid kidney stones from reappearing in future? Is der any side effects of stent?
My chest is paining a lot from last 3 dayz n I had fallen from stairs. Please recommend the tablets asap.
I need a satisfied answer I changed the college due to not fit for environment and adjustment problem at chennai for 11 months I applied for medical college at top most university at south as well as india due to mentally and physically torcher by students out there got ragged also I was alone no body to talk at all. All were tamilains and malyalams and I was a north east boy who they dominant they hate us I do not know why people of india think us so different we are to humans begins and indian to so due that stress my health problem start build up chest pain though im non smoker and drinker every day headache lots of negative senses were killing me so now decided to shift at kolkata but I do not why from inside some thing is itching why I my mind is saying you should stay there by the people of locality and friends they are telling me you should adjust there by this its killing me I changed coz my health was not so good and mentally was not fit there please I want to know thay did I do right choice changing the college form chennai to kolkata im shifting now for the same field at medical course please tell me give me guidance every time I think about that college and fell guilty about if I adjust there the things could be different in other way I think about my health for medical student what is good for please guide did I did right or wrong.
Hi TEST ASKED aarogya 1.1 My TOTAL CHOLESTEROL PHOTOMETRY 216 mg/dl 125-200 HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 43 mg/dl 35-80 LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 147 mg/dl 85-130 TRIGLYCERIDES PHOTOMETRY 84 mg/dl 25-200 TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO CALCULATED 5 Ratio 3 - 5 LDL / HDL RATIO CALCULATED 3.4 Ratio 1.5-3.5 VLDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 16.76 mg/dl 5 - 40 NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 172.29 mg/dl < 160. Please advise.
Hi. I am 24 years female. I sometimes have palpitations. Homeopathy doctor prescribed me to have 2 times every day crataegus q 30 drops mix with 1/3rd cup of warm water. Is it safe to have this medicine.
I love eggs ! I can eat for all the meals daily. But I eat only 4 eggs a week as I am over 60 and I am obese and have suffered a mild stroke and a mild heart attack. These white broiler eggs are better the the country foul or the brown skin eggs and how many can I eat in a week?
My husband's lipid profile is as. Total cholesterol -166. Triglycerides-380. VLDL-76. HDL Cholesterol direct 46. LDL cholesterol direct 44. Total cholesterol ratio 3.6.kindly suggest what to do?
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.