Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dube Shashikumar G.Your feedback matters!
My daughter is three years old. She is not eating food properly. Please provide some suggestion. Thanks.
My son is 1 year old and his teeth started growing from the 5th month itself, now he has 8 tooth (4 on top and 4 on below) and the 4 on top started decaying its is become very difficult to breast feed him as his tooth stated hurting the mother. What should I do?
Hello Doctor, I a mother of 7 month old baby and I breastfeed her along with complimentary foods. Will you please let me know if I can have alcoholic beverages in moderate quantity like wine or beer. I rarely take drink so its not hard for me to abstain if I have to . But if its not harmful then can I take it.
My three year old son is frequently having itching and rashes due to some allergy. He also getting cranky for small things also. He won't have food properly but he is so active. Could you suggest solution for this.
My baby is suffering from dysentery frequently. Is there any permanent solution to get out of this.?
Hello doctor. My daughter is 2 month old. She is very crying. And not sleep well in night. What the reason? How to stop crying? Pls tell me.
My son is 16 days old. I took him to doctor for cold and fever. After hearing his heart beat wit stethoscope he told, Due to cold he could not tell accurately but there is some extra sound hearing in the heart. He told it may be due to overflow of blood, But still he asked to visit him after 1 month. I am so worried about my son. Is there any possibilities of serious issue. Pls suggest and explain?
Sir I have six months baby. She oftenly getting cold and cough. Now also she has same problem. But along with loose motion what medicine can give.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.