Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Meri beti 3 year ki he. Wo 6 months ki thi tab use meningitis hua tha. An vo normal he. Per uska weight bd nahi raha. Pichle bd 9 kg tha. Is bd pe 10 he. Please tell me ye koi badi problems he kya?
Hi I am 24 years I am feeding milk to my child from the next day of delivery ,after 2 months the milk is not coming what shall I do.
My son is 1.5 years old he has fever from past 2 days, we consulted a doctor he gave tab azee200, ondem, and one of his local medicine, the entire day my son was fine playing and running but in night he got cold and fever again, we gave him crocin syrup at around 3 am and he went a sleep now he has 102 fever once again, please help.
My baby is 1 year 4 month he don't eat so please suggest which type of food i should give or what I do for him ?
My daughter age is 17 month And 10 days. When his age is 6and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently we take some test. At present Hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? On the other hand last 4months his weight is constant at 9 kg. How we can gain weight my baby. We are worry about that.
Are otrivin drops safe for my 50 days old baby as he is suffering from blocked nose and cough .doctor has suggested novamox and solvin cold also. Please suggest.
Dear sir my son age 5 years suffering from nephrotic syndrom from last 2. 5 year what is actual complete treatment ?
My new born 23 days boy child unable to feed properly from breasts and have to give Lactogen 1 advised by the doctors when discharged from hospital now I have to know how many times in a day I can give that though mother is trying to breast feed frequently and whats the quantity of L1 should I gave to him so that his stomach get full.
I have a 6 month old son with cleft lip and palate, what should I give him besides milk to make him healthy?
6 month baby has mouth ulcer. I apply a gel in mouth choline salicylic & lignocain she feels good but after 2 days same problem any other treatment please.
Hi, my baby boy is 2 months old and suffering from loose motions after vaccination. Since 10 days he is suffering watery motions. Doctor given econorm sachets and antibiotic diariah medicine but still no improvement. So pls suggest me any home remedy for the same.
My daughter is 3 month old. Her face goes red after taking bath. Is there any solution to this problem.
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother.