Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Dominic F D'SilvaYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old Female, I have unbearable ankle pain from last two month and not an injury in past, I have taken some painkiller and also checked-up for blood report but no negativity in that report , what cause is it ?
I am 41 years old lady & I work in accounts dept in past 16 years & I have knee pain & leg swelling. Need your advise.
After running or playing tennis I feel pain in my right buttock and also feel some sort of vibrations in calf muscle in my right leg. Pain is from last 8-9 months. Done x-ray and mri but the problem is still not diagnosed by any doctor.
I am not able to sleep properly due to pain in neck. Seems some arteries got stressed. Pls advice what to do.
Respected doctor I have pain in my foot from 2 years my age is 28 years please resolve my problem I also eat pain killers but no relief.
My mother is 50 years old she is suffering from arthritis and the vitamin d3 count is 3 what should she do as all her joints have pain to reduce the it?
I am 42 yrs old and have a both sides leg pain mainly tibia bone since last 8 yrs. Due to this pain, its associated muscles below gastrocnemius muscles are continuously getting pain. I was referred to higher center for the treatment. As treatment, I had taken continuously medicines for two months tendofit, nurokind-lc, d3v, vitcofol, nexpro and 1 calcium tab. But I didn't get relief. I am getting harrashed due to this severe pain. Please do the needful treatment. The pain is below knee. There is no problem in knee.
My mom is suffering from knee pain and most of the doctors have advised knee replacement as the only option. I wish to know first is there any alternative to knee replacement surgery. Second in case of knee replacement for both knees what will be the overall expenses in Navi Mumbai. Thirdly what is the time duration for operation (both legs) and what is overall time period for recovery.
My mother (50 years old) are having a problem with her left hip. She explains that when she walked a lot the pain travel from her hip down towards her ankle. She struggles to walk after long periods of sitting. She didn't fall or hurt the hip and also got a new very expensive mattress for back an hip problems, yet the problem with her hip is not getting better. She doesn't want to go to doctor because the pain comes and goes. I want to know what is possible diagnosis. Can it be solved by some hip exercises or can it be a series problem like osteoporosis.
I am 43 years old and I am suffering with skin problem since 2008 and now it has converted to Psoriasis Arthritis. Give me suggestion to plan action for cure this problem.
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.
My wife aged 67 years suffering from arthritis she is efficient lying working well but she has pains in shoulder and back. Please advise.
I have fever from last two days. Legs are also paining. I think, may be I am suffering from dengue? Can you please help?
I am sixteen years old male. I have backache problem for last two months. I used ointment oil for relief but I can't get relief. What should I do now?
When to Seek Surgical Care for Back Pain of Disc origin?
Avoiding unnecessary spinal surgery is the intent of this course, but unfortunately not all spine surgery is avoidable, and not every reader will avoid surgery. Some disc injuries require surgery or at least a consultation with a spine surgeon. Before reading the rest of this book you are urged to carefully review the next pages to determine if you need a surgical consultation. There are varying degrees of urgency in seeking a surgical consultation. On one end of the spectrum is a medical emergency which requires immediate surgical intervention to avoid or minimize a permanent impairment. On the other end of the continuum is the elective surgical consultation. An elective surgical consultation occurs when a patient elects to be seen for a surgical consultation due to a chronic progressive condition that, while not emergent, constitutes a sustained and un resolved spinal condition which may be addressed with surgery .Medical Emergencies Certain spinal symptoms require an immediate surgical consultation: Loss of bowel or bladder control, urinary retention, neurological sexual dysfunction, muscle weakness or flaccidity,neurological deficit, numbness of the genitalia, or numbness in the distribution of a saddle.Less urgent symptoms that may need a surgical consultation include severe and disabling back pain or shooting pain into the legs that is refractory (does not respond) to other treatment sand lasts more than four to eight weeks.
These conditions need immediate medical attention
Spinal Fractures Trauma (falling, car accident…)
- Osteoporosis: Even minor trauma can cause fractures in people who have osteoporosis. Risk for osteoporosis increases with age or with the use of steroids or transplant immune-suppressing drugs.
- Infection or Tumor
- Pain that is worse at night
- The use of corticosteroids or HIV or immune-suppressive drugs (drugs that reduce symptoms that help fight disease)
- Unexplained weight loss
- Night sweats, chills, fever
- History of cancer
- Recent infectionSevere
- Neurological Conditions
- Bladder or bowel dysfunction
- Numbness of the anus or genitals
- Weakness of the legs
- Numbness in the distribution of [both] your inner thighs
Aside from disc herniations, there are several other conditions and symptoms that require immediate medical attention. Fractures, infections, cancer, tumors, and progressive neurological disease can all mimic the signs of a herniated lumbar disc.