Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Diweni PatelYour feedback matters!
My wife is 35 years. She had mirena for last 4 years and it has been removed 1year back. We are planning for a kid. She has heavy bleed during periods like water flow and it lasts for 5days. Will there be any problem if we go for pregnancy at this age?
Hai doctor. I want to know that infection on the mouth of uterus can cause wrong tube test report n also create difficulty getting d sperm entered.
Good morning correspondent. . Recently 20days back I met with a lady in sex. Just now I heard that she had HIV. What tests now I can go for finding weather I had HIV or not please suggest me. I am worrying alot. I am just 24.
Hi madam / sir. My age is 29 I I tried to conceive but I have cysts in both ovaries. Is possible can I conceive or not with medicine can I use pls tell me.
Diet For Summer season:
With the rise in global warming, the temperatures in summers are unbearable. The climatic change leads to many ailments. follow
Drink plenty of water throughout the day, as it helps in flushing out all the toxic matter from the body. Seventy percent of our body is made up of water, thus, it is necessary to keep our hydrated. Water is the major carrier of blood and oxygen to different organs of the body. It nourishes the red blood cells by providing them with nutrients.
Fruits and vegetables:
Include ample of fruits and vegetables in your regular diet. Eat fruits containing vitamin c, which will provide ample of energy. You can club lots of fruits and eat as a delicious fruit salad. Even blend some fruits to make fruit juices. Fresh fruit juices are a rich source of carbohydrates and vitamins that are beneficial for good health. Fruits like watermelon, plums, mangoes, grapes, pears, and berries are good to beat the summer heat.
Greasy and junk food:
Avoid food that is greasy, oily, and fried. The food that contains a lot of spices and pungent taste should be kept away. Do not consume stale or leftover food, as they contain harmful bacteria. Eat fresh food that is cooked just an hour before. Consume lots of steamed vegetables rather than relishing on fried and cooked veggies.
Cut down the drinks:
Cut down the intake of coffee, tea, or carbonated drinks. Minimize the consumption of alcohol during summers. The carbonated drink contains acids that make your more dehydrated. Even the caffeine in coffee triggers the dehydration in your body. Replace all these harmful drinks with buttermilk, fruit juices, and traditional drinks- sherbet prepared from Indian gooseberry, kokum, and raw mangoes. You may also enjoy herbal tea, which provides amazing relaxation and stamina.
Apart from this, you can take some extra efforts to beat the sizzling summers like:
- Opt for cotton full sleeves clothes to protect your skin from heat and sweat.
- Apply sunblock before you leave home, it will guard your skin against UV rays of the sun.
- Carry ample of water with you to keep yourself hydrated.
Keep some additional sweets to avoid loss of energy.
I am not able to take my proper diet so please suggest me with something which can help to fulfill all the nutrients of diet.
When one should do sex to get pregnant? Based on menstruation cycle. Like if period comes on 1st. When one should di vaginal sex so that pregnancy will occur.
I am a newly married woman. I have love marriage but our sex life is not well. As I am facing prob while sex my uterus having sever pain while sex how can I come over it.
Are you observing bumps and lesions in and around your vagina? These are female genital sores, which may be painful, itchy, produce a discharge, and are very tender. These lumps and sores may occur due to skin disorders. Female genital sores mostly appear as a symptom of STIs or sexually transmitted infections. STIs are considered to be a hidden epidemic, which many women leave untreated because of embarrassment or fear.
Diagnosis of female genital sores
A physical examination is conducted for determining the cause of genital sores and lumps in females. A pelvic exam test will be undertaken and you will have to provide reports of your medical history. Certain tests such as blood work and a culture of the sore may be required as well. A culture involves taking a swab sample from the affected sore and testing it for detecting bacteria. After the cause of your genital sores is determined, an ideal treatment method is prescribed.
On observing the symptoms of genital sores, you can apply some self-care measures to treat them before you get to visit a doctor. You can try a sitz bath, which is effective for pain and discomfort relief. A sitz bath can be prepared at home by filling your bathtub with warm water, going up to your hips when you get immersed. You should add a mild saline solution or baking soda to the bathtub water. A small basin for a sitz bath can be purchased from a drug store.
- The method or treatment for genital sores and lumps depends on the cause.
- Certain topical oral medicines are used for treatment of the sores and for relieving pain.
- Other medications such as antibiotics, corticosteroids, pain relievers, antiviral medicines and several anti-itch drugs are also used.
- Some types of genital sores do not need treatment, but you should get them removed if they bother you. A noncancerous cyst is an example of such type of a sore.
- The long term outlook for genital sores in females depends on the cause, once again. Sores and lumps caused because of chronic skin conditions and genital herpes are likely to recur. The long term outlook also depends on how fast you get an existing STI treated.
For the prevention of female genital sores, you should practice protected sex by using condoms. This prevents the infection from spreading to the people you have sex with. It is also important for you to open up about your condition and seek proper treatment, if you experience symptoms.
A new year is like a blank book, and the pen is in our hands. Lets consider it as an opportunity to write a beautiful story for ourself in year 2017 and follow these mantras to live healthy life style:
Say no to alcohol
Maintain bmi: 18.5-24.9
Maintain bp: 120/80
<!--200--> Maintain blood sugar levels (8 hrs fasting): 70-99 mg/dl. Blood sugar levels (2 hrs after meal): <140 mg/dl
<!--140--> 6-7 hours of sleep
Say no to fast foods
Walking/exercise 45 minutes 5-6 days per week
Eat 6-7 meals a day (3 major + 3-4 small)
Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits
Don't skip meals
Drink 2-3 litres of water per day
Maintain healthy body weight
Think positive and keep yourself surrounded with positive energy.
In case of any nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
Wish you all a very happy, prosperous and healthy new year 2017:).
Not eating that bag of chips or drinking that bottle of soda is a difficult temptation to resist, especially if you eat them more than a few times a week. But these are not good for you; they are a storehouse of chemicals, which can wreak havoc on your health.
Here are seven reasons why you should avoid processed food:
- They are very addictive: When your body digests processed food, it overstimulates the proliferation of a neurotransmitter called dopamine. Dopamine makes you feel pleasure, which increases your cravings. And, cravings lead to more consumption, thus you get addicted to processed food.
- Cause damage to your bones and organs: Processed food contains phosphates that not only add taste, shelf-life and texture, but also end up damaging your bones and organs. Phosphates have been linked to premature aging, weak bones and kidney damage.
- Lead to digestion problems: Processed foods are usually rid of their natural enzymes, fibres and vitamins. This creates severe problems in your digestive system. Consuming such foods harms the good bacteria in your gut, which makes you vulnerable to infections.
- Can lead to mental degradation: If you find your memory slackening or you're finding it hard to concentrate, then you can blame your diet. Junk food, it has been found, gives you mood swings, makes your energy levels unstable and leaves you feeling angry and agitated.
- GMOs: Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are what replace the 'real' ingredients in processed food. GMOs have been associated with infertility, gastrointestinal disorders, cancer and organ damage.
- Pesticides: For the GMOs to grow, farmers use herbicides and pesticides, which end up in your food. For example, certain cereals have been found to contain more than 70 types of pesticides.
- Processed food is artificial: When you compare real food with processed food, the obvious difference would be the way real food deteriorates over time, just like they should, while processed food remains the same. Processed food does not change with time, and proves how synthetic they are essentially. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.