Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
My Mom is not able to see properly from left eye. After further diagnosis one of the doctor conclude that the eye side is down as nerves become dead (Not sure in technical / medical language) due to diabetes. But Mom never had diabetes . Also suggested to take one injection but not guarantee of recovery of eye side. Kindly suggest.
Please suggest me what to do. My eyes vision is getting blurred day by day and I wear a spectacle of - 1.5 in both eyes. Can anyone please suggest me what to do naturally to improve vision? 1) Suggest me what to do or eat? 2) Suggest me what not to do or eat?
Most individuals suffer from eye problems sometime in their entire life span. Since our eyes are one of the most important assets and sense organs, periodic check ups are recommended to prevent serious eye problems. Here is a list of 5 primary eye diseases, their causes and cure:
Conjunctivitis: This disease is commonly called pink eye. It involves swelling of the conjunctiva lines inside the eyelids which cover the sclera of the eyes as well.
- May occur because of factors like viruses, bacteria and substances, which cause irritation such as shampoo, smoke, dirt, chlorine in swimming pools.
- Dust, pollens or similar allergies may cause this disease in sensitive people.
- This disease is infectious in nature and spreads from person to person.
This disorder may be treated with eye drops, pills or ointments containing antibiotics. Avoid being with other people when affected and also abstain from using contact lenses.
Glaucoma: In case of this disease, the optic nerve of the eye is damaged and can lead to loss of vision over time. Build-up of pressure takes place inside the eye.
- Occurs due to intense pressure within the eyes or the intraocular pressure.
- The extra pressure destroys the optic nerve.
- Permanent blindness is caused if the disease is not controlled and treated.
Eye drops, laser surgery, and microsurgery are methods for curing glaucoma.
Ocular Migraine: This temporary disease causes loss of vision in one eye and generally does not last for more than an hour. This might happen after a migraine headache.
- Mainly caused due to health-related issues than from eye problems.
- Also occurs from regular migraines.
- It is related to spasms caused in the blood vessels of the retina.
This disorder can be cured by using aspirin, epilepsy drugs and blood-pressure medication known as beta blockers.
Retinal vascular occlusion: This disease affects the retina and lowers the supply of oxygen-rich blood.
- Factors such as atherosclerosis, blood clots and blockage in arteries, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity or smoking lead to this disease.
- The blood flow to the retina is restricted.
Medicines like blood thinners, eye injects such as vascular endothelial growth can cure this disorder.
Ophthalmoplegia: Paralysis of the eye muscles occurs. Can occur in more than one of the eye muscles.
- Happens due to interruption of messages sent to the eye from the brain.
- Caused from muscle disorders.
- Also caused from migraines, thyroid problems, stroke, etc.
Special eye patches and eyewear are used for treating this disorder, for relieving double vision.
Eye diseases are very common, and a large number of eye diseases can occur from different reasons and causes.
I have a problem in eye lids for past 10 days. The problem is there occur a (funsi) in one eye and after 1 or 2 days it gets bigger and creates lots of pain and after 3-4 days it becomes normal and after 2or 3 the same problem occurs and creates too much pain. Please suggest some cure.
My mom has a problem of excess saliva secretion, she always has a running saliva from her mouth and she is not clear in her words, she can not talk clearly.
Hy. I m rajdeep singh I have a question that all the I suffer from cold. Sometimes water comes from my eyes even I m sitting at home.
Yesterday when I was lying on my bed I felt something went into my eye. It only discomfort me when i close my eye otherwise its fine. Even I splashed my eyes with water but still it irritates me. Should I get it checked or any other alternative ?
Undergone tests for laski operation from shroff hospital. Right eye no is 7 & left is 5. They suggested lasik operation bt m confused whether it would be safe or not.
I m using glass since six years. Power of glass is -5.25 which is Short sightedness. What should I do to increase the power of eye and to reduce the power of glass.
My eyes flow evey morning whenever I wake up is there any reason why my eyes are wet always every morning?
I shifted bangalore from assamone week ago for studies computer networking bt I am not adjusting here. Several thoughts are rounding on brain i. E hypertension. How will I get rid of all this things.
I am 24 year old. I hav long sight eye problem. I don like to use lens or specs. Is connective surgery painful.
Puffy eyes are not a very welcome sight to see early in the morning. Lack of sleep, hangovers, poor diet, sinus, hormonal changes, stress, crying and even genetics are few reasons why one wakes up with puffy eyes.
Some very easy ways to get rid of them are:
1. Stay hydrated: drink water to stay hydrated and avoid puffy eyes.
2. Watch your diet: avoid or reduce the amount of salt you take in your food. It is a good idea to avoid cold drinks as well as caffeinated drinks.
3. Soothe your eyes: take chilled, thick slices of cucumber and place them on the closed eyelids until they become warm. It will effectively work to reduce puffy eyes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.