Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dipali SabuYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 23 year's old unmarried girl Can I loose 4 kgs in a span of a week Also I'm suffering from PCOS.
Pregnancy is that period of time in a woman's life when she is excited about giving birth to her baby. She is not only responsible to keep herself healthy, but her baby is also her responsibility. What she eats, how she lives and her daily routine will affect the baby. Thus, to have a healthy pregnancy it is necessary that you exercise regularly and eat well. You should also avoid those things that may hurt your baby.
Take care of what you eat
During pregnancy it is important to get proper nutrition so that you and your baby are healthy. For slow and gradual weight gain, it is necessary to pay close attention to the folic acid, calcium and iron intake. However, if you are obese, then your weight gain regime will be different from others.
The diet during pregnancy should include:
- Intake of fruit and vegetables is important as they are good sources of Vitamins, minerals and even fiber. They are good for digestion and also help in preventing constipation. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- During pregnancy carbohydrates are also important as they act as an important source of energy. Different food items that are rich in carbohydrates are potatoes, bread, breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, noodles, millet, maize, oats, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn meal. It is better to eat whole grains and potato with the skin on as they are rich in fiber.
- Intake of protein is very important during pregnancy, and thus you should take lean meat, pulses, beans, nuts, fish, and eggs. All these items should be cooked well so that you do not face any problem in digestion during pregnancy.
- It is also necessary to eat dairy products like milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt during pregnancy. They are important because they contain the calcium and nutrients that are necessary for the growth of the baby.
What to avoid
Just as you should eat certain food items to be healthy, there are certain foods that must be avoided to be fit and healthy. Avoid the following during pregnancy
- Drugs and alcohol
- Medicines that are not prescribed by your physician
- Smoking tobacco
- Fried and oily food
- Fishes those are rich in mercury like shark, tilefish, swordfish and those fishes that are caught in local waters are not considered safe.
- Too much intake of caffeine is also hazardous for a pregnant lady.
Thus, by following the above-mentioned diet tips you can keep your baby and yourself healthy. Always get advice from your physician for any decision that you take during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hy I had sex after periods on 8th day than I took I pill before week bt now im getting brown coloured liquid with white discharged liquid not like periods bt when urinate nd clean vagina that point of time I get since last 2 days ANd I gt boils on vagina before I shaved than I guess its nt a major prb ill b in periods.
I am 22 years unmarried girl. I have absent periods my last period was in december. Later whenever I take tabs I get periods else I wont get. Recently I have visited my gynecologist she took hormones test where in the leutinizing hormone was 14.92 which she said was slight higher and she gave me tabs and asked to continue til 3 months. If this leutinizing hormone is high what does it mean is there any disease? I have very bloated stomach and sometimes pain too. Is there any chance of any type of cancer bcz when I browsed it is giving that the bloated stomach and absent periods can be the signs of any type of cancer. please do reply am worried. Thank you in advance.
My wife is blooding in vagina .ita ab normal .out of date . Its start from our first married night .so what should I do?
I Have a ulcer on prepuce .after oral sex only ,not healing after 7 days treatment with acyclovir ointment.
I am 20 years old unmarried I did not. Get my periods last month is there any medicine in this please help me.
My wife have 5 month pregnant. She suffers from itching and not get relief after using evion lotion and other medicine.
My wife 3 month before gave birth to a baby. Now we don't want next baby till 2 years. What the ways to avoid pregnancy except for using condoms. Which medicine will be cheap and best for long run or is there any other way to avoid pregnancy till 2 years need your advice.
2. Try not to eat or drink anything half an hour before and after taking medicine. Except water.
3. Avoid coffee, raw onion, garlic till on homeopathic medicines as these interfere with the action of homeopathic medicines.
4. Avoid using perfumes or strong smelling deodorant.
5. Avoid the use of camphor in any form where homeopathic medicines have been kept as camphor antidotes all medicines prepared from vegetable sources.
6. If you are taking medicines for hypertension, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma or any other chronic disease, do not stop them immediately. Consult your doctor and if advised then only reduce their dosage.