Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dinyar BoxwalaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor mere pores open ho gaye h koi cream bataiye kam krne k liye meri age 19 years h ya koi suggestion dijiye kam krne k liye thanks.
I have some small spots on my back but it is not a big problem. So whatever I can do I am doing? But no result. So could you tell me some ways to get it resolve.
My hair is very rough and its fall speedy. Near about 10 hairs remove from my head. How can I free from this?
I have severe dark circles around my eyes since I was 8 years old and I was negligent towards my beauty since child. I did tried a few home remedies but it did not did much good for my dark circles. I do not smoke or drink and lead a good healthy life, but these dark circles are spoiling my beauty plus m fair so it looks quite visible making me loose my self confidence and also I have acne problems. Please provide treatment which can effectively heal my dark circles from root. I am currently 25 years old. Please help.
Hello doctor. What precautions should I take post hair transplant. When & how should I take bath. Pls help.
I have three problem 1.I am losing hair very quickly and now a day I have use every shampoo but no effect, what will I do please tell me.
I am 47 years old. I have hyper pigmention on my forhead, around eyes and nose and my skin is very sensitive. Please suggest me what to do.
I am having very less hair in my head. How to grow more hair. Please suggest me the best way for me.
I am 22 year old boy, my hair falling continuously and weight became over weight I try to control my food then I feel head ache. what to do? please help me. Doctor.
Diagnosis of tuberculosis is based on a combination of clinical features, smear examination of sputum where available, tuberculin skin testing or Mantoux test, chest X-ray and Histopathologic / cytologic examination as appropriate. Common clinical features are weight loss, persistent fever and /or cough of more than 2 weeks duration and history of close contact with another Tuberculosis patient.
Mantoux test also known as Tuberculin skin test is used for the detection of infection by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis bacteria. The test consists of slowly injecting a liquid intradermally (superficially within the layers of the skin) on the forearm, leading to formation of a raised vesicle which should be easily visible to the naked eye. This liquid, used in India, is Tuberculin PPD RT 23 strain. Tuberculin is a glycerol extract of the Tuberculosis bacteria. This is one of the two WHO accepted standard tuberculins, apart from PPD-S. In India, where the prevalence of tuberculosis is high, the recommended dose of this liquid is 0.1 ml of 1 TU (TU stands for tuberculin units) .1 TU is the strength of the liquid mentioned on the vial. This liquid is usually administered by a very tiny syringe, usually of 26 gauge. (Needle diameter).
Please click on the link to watch a video demonstrating how this procedure is performed.
Test principle : The individual who has been infected with Tubercle bacilli responds with a hypersensitivity reaction at the test site in the form of induration. Induration is the palpable raised hardening of the skin, while erythema refers to redness of skin. Only induration is clinically significant and measured after 48 to 72hours following injection. Diameter of the Induration is measured by a scale in millimetres perpendicular to the long axis of the forearm.
Interpretation of the tuberculin test
- Size of induration 15 mm and above : - signifies infection with tubercle bacilli
- Size of induration 10-14 mm : - could be due to infection with tubercle bacilli, BCG induced sensitivity, or due to cross reaction with other environmental mycobacteria.
It is more likely to be attributable to infection with tubercle bacilli in case of history of contact with smear positive case of pulmonary TB, clinically confirmed TB OR X-ray consistent with active TB.
- Size of induration 5 -9 mm: usually non tuberculous in nature generally
- Size of induration <5 mm : indicates absence of any type of mycobacterial infection.
Precautions during this procedure :
- If a raised vesicle does not appear it means that the liquid has been injected too deeply, and the test should be repeated on the other arm. If the same arm is used the injection site should be should be separated at least 5 cm from the first injection site.
- Occasional patients may experience severe allergic reaction to the tuberculin PPD
- Larger the size of the induration, higher the probability of presence of infection with tubercle bacilli.
- Almost all reactions with induration more than 15 mm maybe considered attributable to infection with tubercle bacilli.
- Formation of necrosis (ulcer) at the test site, indicates high degree of tuberculin sensitivity and suggests presence of infection with tubercle bacteria.
- Tuberculin reaction may be suppressed (falsely low) in presence of immunosuppressive states. Like HIV, malnutrition, patient on steroid therapy etc.
- Mantoux test is generally not recommended for infants less than 12 weeks old. If the test turns out to be positive, then it is significant, but if the test is negative, then the test needs to be repeated again.
- The tuberculin test detects only the presence or absence of tuberculosis infection. The presence of infection is not synonymous with disease. It simply means, that even if you have tuberculosis infection in your body, as detected by positive Mantoux test, it does not mean you have active Tuberculosis in your body and require anti tuberculosis drugs in all cases. The clinician will correlate your mantoux test result with other tests ( as mentioned at the top of the blog) to give you a final picture.
- For more such interesting articles please visit my blogsite www.doctors4patients.com