Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dimple
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DimpleYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam I am non smoke but still my lips are very black. What is the reason and how can I recover the colour tone please help me out.
I am losing hair quickly and have all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do can you please help me with this.
I regularly get pimples on my face and they leave a mark when they go. So now I have a lot of pimple marks on my face. Pls suggest some remedy to get rid of those marks.
All Ayurvedic treatments have their roots in hundreds of years of research and thus are extensive. The philosophy followed by these treatments is that every human being in governed by three doshas of forces - vata (air), pitta (fire) and kapha (earth). Depending on the force that is in highest proportion in an individual, all his psychological and physical attributes are determined. Hair loss is attributed to the pitta dosha which is concentrates on metabolism and digestion. The various methods to treat premature loss of hair, according to Ayurvedic principles are:
- Balancing the pitta dosha: Pitta dosha can be managed by eating less salty, fried and spicy food, consuming limited amount of alcohol, coffee and meat and reducing smoking habits. Certain herbs can curb excess pitta like shatavari or asparagus and bitter vegetables.
- Ayurvedic oil and shampoo: An effective remedy is oil made by boiling a cup of neem (margosa) leaves in 4 cups of water. The mixture is then strained and stored. If applied at night and rinsed off in the morning, hair loss can be prevented and your hair gets healthier. An Ayurvedic shampoo can be made at home by preparing a mixture of methi (fenugreek), green bean (mung dal), soapberries, lemon juice and curry leaves which need to grinded well together before applying on the scalp.
- Ayurvedic diet plan: Ayurveda believes that a well-balanced diet is the preventive measure to most ailments, including hair loss. Consuming vegetables with high protein and iron content like cauliflower, kale, pumpkin leaves, spinach, salsify, lentils, beet greens, string beans, dandelion greens, raisins, soybeans etc. proves to be helpful in this regard. This diet can also help to combat systemic diseases like alopecia which may causes loss of hair and sizeable bald spots.
- Ayurvedic medicines: Four ayurvedic medicines are used extensively for the purpose of combatting hair loss. These are Thikthakam Kashayam, Thikthakam Grisham (regulates metabolism), Chyavana Prasam and Narasimha Rasayanam, which improves the strength and quality of hair).
- Combating other problems that cause hair loss: Using herbs like Brahmi (to manage stress), Shilajita and Jatamansi (for thyroid imbalance), cardamom (for chronic problems) and ashwagandha (for immune system disorders) can indirectly help when hair loss is a symptom or side effect of another disease.
I am 17 years old male and I am having a lot of dandruff in my scalp. I have tried multiple home remedies but it didn't work. Due to dandruff I am also having hair loss problem. I don't know what to do. Can you please suggest me some ways to get rid of this?
I am having so many pimples I my nose please please help me to give the solution please please thank you.
Hello, I am 24 years old female, I have scars or holes on my face. I had laser treatment also but Its not cured completely. Can you suggest me any general medicine and cream and tips for this.
For some people, even lightly scratching their skin can leave behind raised welts that are similar to hives. This may not be painful, but can affect a person’s self image and confidence. This condition is known as dermographismurticaria or skin writing. This condition is most common amongst teenagers and young adults under the age of 30.
The exact cause of this condition is unclear but it may be triggered by drugs, insect bites, a helicobacter pylori infection or scabies. Psychological factors such a stress and anxiety can also contribute towards this condition. In this condition, scratching the surface of your skin can cause the release of an antigen that interacts with other cells known as mast cells to further release histamines into the tissues. In the process, small blood vessels begin leaking which allows fluid to accumulate under the skin and creates inflammation.
Though this condition is not life threatening and can be treated and managed.
- The first step towards treating this condition is to recognize its triggers and avoid them. Reducing stress and anxiety can also have a positive effect on this condition. Keeping skin well moisturized will also help reduce itchiness and the urge to scratch.
- Dermographismurticaria is usually treated with oral anti histamines. In some cases, a combination of two or more antihistamines may be required. This form of treatment will need to be continues for a few months to benefit from it.
This condition can also be triggered by exposure to extreme temperatures. Hence, the patient should avoid saunas, jacuzzi and freezing temperatures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!