Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip PatilYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr, I am 26 male. I was having high for which blood test was done and my cholesterol was 215 and triglycerides was 191. Dr. advised to take orvas ft for 1 month. Will I have to continue this tablet for life time? What are its side effects? Will this medication cause Erectile dysfunction? Thanks!
Sir my father recently got stent implantation even though after a week he got expired what is the reason for it?
Sir, I am smoking continuously since last 4 and a half year, I had suffered breathing blockage sometime, I struggled extremely to breathe during those period. My heart pains also sometime. What can be the cure except quiting smoking? And suggest me few ideas to refine my lungs and remove tar. It would be great help for me. Thanks.
Sir, I my BP is very high. I took medicine which is prescribed by doctor. Last two month but till now still high 160/120. Please sir help how can I control my BP quickly. Due to this I am not able to go my job. I am working in merchant Navy. Please help me as well as soon.
How to reduce cholesterol rapidly with natural herbs and without allopathy medication. Do stations harm our liver actually.
Dear doctors, if am underweight or over weight or normal weight person has low blood pressure without experiencing any symptoms thereof like weakness, fainting, dizziness, it's good and nothing to worry. Suppose if the same one takes stress, or anxiety or depression, can he be affected by cardiac arrest or heart problem or diabetes? Pls answer this question. Pls I hope you will clear my doubt. Thank you.
Never neglect a chest pain, that too if it is left sided . I see a lot of patients coming to me with Chest Pain and after all tests it turns out to be Gastritis. But still I recommend my patients that next time they get a chest pain not to neglect it and consult doctor as soon as possible .
This is because many times chest pain due to heart problems can feel like gastritis and in fact can get reduced with some gastritis medications. I have come across many Heart attack cases coming to me in very bad condition and when asked them since when the chest pain was there , they replied it was there 12 hours or 18 hour before but they thought it was gastric and took some gastric medicines and it got relieved.
Kindly don't do this , especially if you are more than 40 years , Diabetic , Hypertensive , or if there is a history of heart attack in parents.
Cashews are told to contain high cholesterol and hence consumption is not good for heart. Please clarify.
I am suffering from chest pain from last two weeks then to get relif from my pain what should I do? And totally cure.
The heart is not just the seat of emotions. It is a vital organ that keeps your body working. It helps in circulation of blood throughout the body. You might get a heart attack if you don’t take care of it. It is an organ that needs utmost care. It is a muscular organ. A heart attack occurs when muscles that form the organ are deprived of sufficient oxygen supply. It is also known as myocardial infarction. It is believed that when there is not enough oxygen supply to the heart muscles, the part that has been affected gets damaged, which is a dangerous situation.
Sometimes, it even gets deadly or fatal. There are certain risk factors for heart attack. These are as follows:
4. High blood pressure and high cholesterol
5. Excessive consumption of alcohol and smoking
6. Sedentary lifestyle
7. Poor and deficient diet
Warning signs of heart attack
There are certain warning signs for heart attack. One must check this and immediately seek medical help, on experiencing them. Here are some of the warning symptoms:
1. Chest pain and a feeling of discomfort in the area: While some complain of pain, other doesn’t feel it. The pain can also radiate to surrounding regions such as arms and shoulders.
2. Excessive sweating
4. Shortness of breath
5. Light-headedness: It can occur at the time of heart attack. It is most commonly experienced by women.
7. Indigestion, nausea, and vomiting
8. Chest fullness
10. Jaw pain
Tips for a healthy heart
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
2. Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
3. Be happy. Happiness is the ultimate medicine for the good heart.
4. Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
5. Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
6. While eating, ensure that the atmosphere around is absolutely peaceful and serene.
7. Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
8. Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
9. Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes. Intake of raw tobacco or getting addicted to drugs is also harmful to the heart.
10. Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Workout and exercise on regular basis.
11. Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions.
12. Maintain a peaceful environment inside your home. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
I have take lab test one from thyrocare on 24 dec. 2016 in which my triglyceride - 599. Please advice what should i do now?
I am 20 year old male. From few days I am suffering a kind of intense chest pain. My heart aches badly. What can be the cause. What is to be recommended. P.S I am a moderate smoker. I puff few times a day.
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.