Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dilip
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. DilipYour feedback matters!
I donated blood 4 days back and since them i've been feeling extremely fatigued day after day. My hb level was 12.9. Im feeling shortness of breath just by sitting or standing. My legs feel restless. I lost 2 kgs. Im an early riser but for the past 2 days I can not seem to get out of bed. I fall into a deep sleep at least for 2 hrs. I had low bp 4 months back. Im also having my periods now.
I am 24 year girl and suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis. Please suggest me the foods which are good for me and which are not.
I am +65. I ha having heel pain in my left foot for last about 9 months. I had got x-ray of my left foot about 4-5 months back which mentioned dorsal & plantar calceneal seen in my left foot, ankle joint normal (the same position of spurs was indicated in previous x-ray made about 2 years back when my foot slipped on the floor after taking a bath) but no fracture. Although it is bearable but due to this pain in the back of heel and pressure on heel in the left foot, I am not able to walk fast and not freely as right foot. I have for taken homeopathic medicine calcarea flourica 6x (4 tablets every day for about months and calcarea flourica6x + silicea 12x (4tablets each every day) and also put my left in hot water up to more than ankle deep for last three months for about 40/30 minutes in the night before sleeping but till date no change in the heel pain or on the pressure felt by left foot while walking. Being a retired person I take walks in the park to get some sleep in the night. Please advise.
I had a problem of slip disc in l5 and l6 region. Have severe backache and pain in both the legs. What should I do ?
What is spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the gaps in the spine or the backbone is called as spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. 5% of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the low back of the lumbar spine. In some cases, the narrowing of the spine leads to the compressing of the nerve root, which leads to pain in the leg.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumor of the spine
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is a constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
Treatment of spinal stenosis:
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build strength.
- Generally, the patients are counseled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they are flexed forward. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker if not walking upright; sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. Though there have been studies which question the use of these injections as they lead to the risk of osteoporosis-related fractures. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the anti-inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants like gabapentins might also be recommended. In some cases, antidepressants might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medications and the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
I am suffering from fever from last 2 weeks and also I have a pain in back. How can I improve my health or how can I be fit?
I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis since last 3years, I feel stiffness in back and neck. Presently I am taking alopathy treatment but their side effects are more(presently I am taking saaz ds 2mg/day. Can any one suggest is their any good treatment in ayurveda and homeopathy or better treatment in allopathy.
Flexion in Standing----EXERCISE FOR BACK PAIN
- Stand upright with your feet well apart. Allow your arms to hang loosely by your side . You are now ready to commence the exercise. Bend forward and run your fingers down your legs as far as you can comfortably reach . Return immediately to the upright standing position.
- Each time you repeat this movement cycle, you must try to bend down a little further so that in the end you have reached the maximum possible degree of flexion and your fingertips are as close as possible to the floor.
- Exercise should only be commenced after the completion of two weeks of practice of Flexion Exercise in sitting, whether Flexion Exercise in sitting has been successful or not in reducing your stiffness or pain. In the beginning you must do only five or six repetitions per session; the sessions are to be repeated once or twice per day . For a period of three months from the time you have become pain free, this Exercise must never be performed in the first four hours of your day.