Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
To enquire about the side effects of fibrous I was taking medicines for treatment of joint/muscles pain due to chikungunya. The pain has increased after use of fibrovas .should I stop taking this medicines.
My wife is working as she used to sit more then 10 hours in her office. And she is facing regular pain in her back and neck. Please suggest, how she reduce this pain.
I m 19 years old. I want to increase my stamina. How to increase stamina. And I have back pain problem since 2 years I consult many doctor but I can't relif from back pain please help me.
I am 34 years old male suffering from LBA. As per mri report there is defusion at L4 L 5 and L 5 S1 level and left knee mri shows degeneration and arthritis. My vitamin D level is 16 insufficient and HLA B 27 is positive.
My left knee is paining last night ant this is not damaged. How can I remove the pain and feel relief. So please help to do this.
Hi, I have sprained shoulders (both) more on to the right shoulder & right ribs & right Hip. There is sprained kind of pain always. Ortho had suggested an MRI and result was just fine no problem at all. Please suggest
Actually I wanted to confirm whether my neck pain is related to hypothyroidism as it is there in mensuration more. And also. I was diagnosed with stiffness in neck coz I was having left shoulder and arm pain along with the neck pain.
Hallo Dr. I have joint pain in my both palm's fingers. I have morning stiffness in my body. Pl. Suggest some homeopathic medicine to relieve the pain.
I often get muscle pulls while running in spite of warming up and stretching before and after running. Could you please let me know how to cure muscle pulls through natural cure?
My friend is 20 years old. Actually he have back pain so he need some suggestion that what he have to do to cure this pain Thank you.
Physiotherapy can greatly help a patient of paralysis by making him/her independent to the maximum extent. Physiotherapy also plays an important role in negating potential complications after a paralysis. Although the process of rehabilitation can take time, it produces significantly encouraging result for a patient to continue with it until full recovery. The recovery depends on the type of paralysis a person has undergone. Notably, there are four types of paralysis:
Role of Physiotherapy-
The process of physiotherapy should resume as soon as the patient is stabilized. It not only helps in relaxing muscles, but also helps in smooth blood circulation. Long-term therapy can ensure muscle tone and overall well-being of an individual.
In the case of an external injury related to the brain, physiotherapy can speed up the recovery and reduce swelling to a significant extent. Some of the benefits are-
Physiotherapy can help a person regain the highest possible mobility.
Physiotherapy can increase the respiratory function of a person.
It helps the person in bringing down blood pressure and contracture.
A physiotherapist also focuses on unaffected area and works on them to ensure that the unaffected part of the body, in no way, loses mobility and retains the natural strength.
Physiotherapy also helps to manage a paralyzed bladder.
A physiotherapist suggests proper wheelchair, splint, braces, orthosis etc. These help a person to reintegrate quickly after the paralysis.
Physiotherapy lifts the morale and motivation of a patient by addressing post-traumatic experiences such as denial, anger, hostility, depression and anxiety.
It also serves as a perfect guide for the family of the patient.
Exercises that a Physiotherapist Suggests-
Aerobic Exercise: This is a set of physical exercises that lets the muscle tissues exchange oxygen at a rapid rate. The goal is to enhance the function of the motor neuron and the aerobic capacity of a patient. Support straps and gain belts might be required for a patient to stand on feet. A handrail helps to walk during this phase.
Physical Conditioning: Balance, stability, and coordination is the motive of any physical program for a paralyzed individual. Passive or active motion exercises help an individual to regain function of the limbs. Passive exercise also helps to regain strength. A physiotherapist rotates the thumb of a patient in such a way that the back of his hand faces forward.
- Leg Rotations: One common exercise that is tried by a physiotherapist is to make the patient lie down on a mat with his/her legs straightened. Supporting the knee joint and the ankle, the right leg is moved outward and pulled backward. This is again repeated with the other leg. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist and ask a free question.
I have a back pain from last 3 years, I consulted with physician but no result found. Every day I woke up with pain. Pls give me the best advice on this painful problem.
Hi, I drink alcohol occasionally, once a month. Whenever I drink the next morning I get pain in my legs, usually below knees. And it remains almost for the whole day. Is this normal? What should I do for this.
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.