Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhavan Pankaj ShrikumarYour feedback matters!
I am unemployed for 2 years, and recently my health is getting worse. Cold, cough, acidity and sometime high bp affect me regularly. Is all this related to stress. I am 33 year old I got few of my blood test ok, including lipid profile and ecg. What could be the cause.
I am 32 years old non veg person working as a teacher office time 12 to 9.30, from last 6 months I am feeling uncomfortable (Bp low) that time I feel tired feeling hungry sweating, before 3 years I diagnosed as fatty liver and cholesterol ldl at boundary level, I am non alcoholic non smoker, need help.
She was having stones in gallbladder around 6 mm size, today she was getting pain and urination infection also.
Midnight suddenly lower abdomen pain, went for toilet, then started eye's are rotating not able to stand. Loss control and. When standing I am going toilet, what would be causing.
I have a digestion problem. Whenever I take potatoes, rice, gram etc in my meals, I have to suffer severe headache the next day. What should I do? Thanks.
Increased body fat, body hair, and breast tissue Clear, watery, or whitish discharge from the penis Presence of a mass or swelling on the scrotum that feels like a bag of worms (varicocele) Stress or emotional pressure from not being able to conceive a child Testicles that are small, soft, or cannot be felt. These all problem i feel. Please tell me about its treatment. Thanks
My mother age 51 yrs old and she is suffering from schizophrenia since 12 yrs. She has stone in her gallbladder. so is it right to operate or will operation be worse for her condition?
Gas or flatulence is a condition where the microorganisms present in the intestines break down the food and release excessive gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane, which is usually let out from the anus. It can lead to pain in the stomach and an uneasy feeling in the body.
- When foods that are not digested properly are broken down
- Lactose intolerance
- Swallowing air
- Certain foods not being absorbed properly in the digestive system
- When a child does other activities, while eating, then it can cause gas to accumulate air in the intestines leading to gas
- The sweeteners present in chewing gums can get trapped in the intestines and ferment into gas
- Vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli can cause gas
- Soft drinks that cause phosphoric acid can also lead to gas
- Some children are sensitive to fat and fiber, and consuming these nutrients can lead to gas
The symptoms of gas pain in children are cramps in the stomach region along with diarrhea. It can also lead to irregular eating, being fussy about food and pulling up the legs to the belly.
Treatments and preventive measures:
- Consuming food containing probiotics such as yoghurt and soy can help in treating gas
- Eliminating vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower from your child's diet
- Decreasing the amount of milk in the diet
- Limiting consumption of chewing gums as they contain artificial sweeteners , which cause gas
- A hot drink such as tea made from herbs like peppermint can help in easing the symptoms of gas
- Encouraging your child to exercise can help in preventing gas
- Getting your child to drink water in proper amounts
- Consuming a healthy diet of vegetables and fruits