Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dhaval ShahYour feedback matters!
Doctors are suggesting to go for bleaching process to whiten the teeths. But i heard that it has some side effects dont we have other process to permanently whiten yellowish teeth.
Hi doctor. I am 29 years old, my teeth all in not in order can I make a clip now and then how much cost is that approximately.
Hai I am suffering from teeth problems and this problem is a long time so I can't eat properly foods please decide me advised.
My lips are swelled due to braces in my teeth.Whether or not my lips will be ok after removing braces ?
Hi doctor I have a problem that during sleep my saliva get accumulated in my mouth. It means at wakeup my buccal cavity is full of saliva what should I do? Is it is a problem. How can I get rid of it?
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.
Hi there is problem in my teeth. My teeth are becoming yellow continuously. What can I do? Please advise.
I facing some problem a bad odour coming from my mouth and blood also coming some times. What should I do.
I am male, age. 18. The skin over my tooth (i do not know if they are called gums) are reducing. I was using hard tooth brush but changed to soft a month ago, but it did not made any difference. Please tell me the reasons and remedy. Thankyou.
I am 24 years old boy. I have problem in my gums. My gum has destroyed heavily beneath a fore teeth. I approached a general physician. She told that is is gums hypertrophy, and prescribed Folic acid, BCT, and Ascorbic acid tablets. I am having this for last three months. But there is no improvement. What should I do? please explain me sir.
I am 56 years old male. No diabetes, slight bp 140/90; taking no medicines. For a couple of weeks I have a jaw pain & ache @ molar and other teeth. Jaw opening restricted. Slight throbbing sensation. Physically active. Can you help?
Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing and flossing. Use of a proper tongue scraper every morning will remove tongue plaque and freshen your breath.