Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhara ParikhYour feedback matters!
I am suffering polio & my height is 5ft 3in wt 76kg age 44 yr. Myupper half has become bulky and now I am finding difficult to walk 50mtr.
My wife has been suffering from shoulder pain for long. Consulted many doctors. Seems to be cervical. No relief after medications and exercises. Pl advise.
I am 26 year old female. I fell on the stairs 3 weeks ago and have hurt my back on right side. The pain is not much, but it has not vanished ever since. It is subsiding gradually, however, if I do any strenuous activity like washing clothes, the pain reoccurs. Please advise.
My legs paining a lot why? I don't understand it's like I have climb a mountain. Un bearable pain. What should I do? my age 63. I dont have sugar, bp, or other problem. I have little beat indigestation, constipation prob. Thats it.
Hello, I am 26 years old female and from 1 year I have been feeling something bushy in my right underarm like inner swelling. It pains too and specially before some days of periods pain increases and gone after periods. Again after 10-15 days pain start. And sometimes along with it my right hand and shoulder part also pain. I have done my breasts ultrasound which came normal. I visited to gynac and she said its normal and prescribed primrose oil capsules. But problem persists. please help me I don't understand what's wrong with me. Kindly reply. My periods are regular and no other health problem.
I am 20 year young girl. I am having severe backpain from one and a half month. I applied various ointments but no use. Please help.
While doing gym my left shoulder get jerked its hurting when I stretch my left arm. What should I do?
I am 31 years old and suffering from spondylitis from last 1 year and also suffering from laziness too. Please advise.
Having pain in left shoulder. Specially in morning, feels like crazy and sometime reduces with time.
I am 24 years old and I am suffering from pain in my left leg from last one month. What should I do.
I feel pain in my legs every night. I mostly do work while sitting. What could be the reason for this pain?
My mom has too much of pain in left shoulder be swalllon also from 20 dayz. She has diabetes. Bp. I got a doubt so we checked uric acid. It was 7.9. What shall I do. Nw.
There is some new kind of disease mostly in delhi ncr where you have high fever for 2-3 days and then you have pain in joints mostly in knee joints for 2-3 months. Almost everyone in my locality is suffering from this trying different doctors and medicines. Symptoms are like chikungunya but not sure if it is. Please suggest something effective to recover soon.
My mother aged 65 years has severe arthritis of both knees, should she get both knees replaced in one sitting?
You should do both knees in one sitting if the severity is same in both the knees and the patient is unable to differentiate the painful knee. In case the patient says one knee is more painful than address one knee at a lime. Your own knee is always the best till it lasts.
What are the advantages of doing both the knees in one sitting?
- Exposure to the risk of anaesthesia reduced to only once
- Aids simultaneous rehabilitation especially in severely deformed knees
- Bilateralprocedure reduces cost
- Earlier return to baseline function and convenience for the patient and relatives
- Shorter cumulative hospital stays
What are the risks associated with bilateral Total Knee Replacement (TKR) and are there any studies to support the same?
The risks of cardiac and infection related complications for bilateral TKR are lower than the combined risk of two unilateral TKRs. A population-based comparison of the incidence of adverse outcomes after simultaneous-bilateral and staged-Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty published in The Journal of Bone And Joint Surgery.
Result: Records were available for 11.445 simultaneous-bilateral arthroplasty Procedures and 23.715 staged-bilateral procedures.
Conclusions: Simultaneous-bilateral total knee arthroplasty was associated with clinically important reduction in the incidence of infection and malfunction within one year after arthroplasty.
What is the latest Technology available which could help improve surgical outcomes?
Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: A knee with your name on it i.e. customized specifically based on your dimensions.
Understanding Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: You are unique and so is your individual anatomy and thus lack of accuracy leads to discomfort and even further corrective surgeries That is why Custom Fit Knee replacement surgery, which utilizes MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) technology to create personalized positioning guides for total Knee replacement is recommended.
Practical Benefits Of Custom Fit Knee Replacement
- MRI of the affected knee is done based on which we can make a customized jig for better fitting of the implant for the patients
- No intra medullary instruments so minimal chances of fat embolism
- Minimally Invasive (just a 4-5 inch incision)
- Improves the speed of the operation theater time (40% reduced surgical time)
- Increases implant inventory efficiency (know sizing)
- Faster recovery of the patient
- Perfect patient alignment thus better mobilization
What is the role of body exhaust 'space' suits in Bilateral TKR?
- 'Space' suits maintain a more sterile environment and offer more mobility to the surgeons.
- Space suits are used to help reduce contamination from the operating teams from entering the wounds.
- The impure air exhaled by the operating team is pushed down by the rotating fan in the helmet of space suits and absorbed by the laminar air flow in the 0.T.
I m 27 yr old. I have pain at my tailbone. I can't sit normally. I have lordosis loss and Coccydynia. Both What shud I do. It is from last one month.
Nowadays while driving two wheeler I felt my back pain I consulted doctor they gave me a tablet called MOBIZOD. I consumed tablets for a week still my pain is not cured. My mom said my be gas formed so she gave me dried ginger to eat to release the gas but it's not cured. I felt pain at the bottom of my back can you say me solution doctor.
My father age is 60 years has acute pian in both knees. Consulted many doctors in these five years but no shy of relief. Please suggest the proper advice. Thanks.
My vit b12 is 958. Thats high. Is it a reason for concern? I keep having acids bouts. Very severe at times like it going to my head feeling nauseatic and heaviness in head. Recently after such a bout had severe lower back pain in morning waking from bed. Also I getting numbness in my fingers at times.
A bone fracture occurs when a strong external force is applied on the bones causing it to break. It is an extremely painful condition that results in days of immobility and rest.
There are several reasons which can result in bone fracture, some of them being:
- Injuries caused in sports: Any sport requires and demands extreme physical exertion and participation. Being involved in any sport therefore automatically increases your risk of incurring injuries. Bone ractures therefore are mostly reported during sports.
- Osteoporosis: Due to the deficiency of calcium, the bones of both men and women tend to get weak and more susceptible to fracture and breakage. It is one of the primary causes that lead to bone fracture.
- Osteomalacia: This also refers to a condition wherein the bones become weak and brittle. Much like osteoporosis, osteomalacia too significantly contributes to instances of bone fractures.
- Osteosarcoma: This is a rare form of bone cancer that most often develops either near the femur or near the shinbone. An instance of this form of bone cancer is most often found in children and weakens the bone, consequently leading to fractures.
Though there may be different causes of broken fractures, its symptoms remain similar. Some of them are:
- Swelling: One of the most common symptoms of bone fracture is perceptible swelling. If any of your bone is fractured, that particular part will be visibly swollen.
- Deformity: Bones give your body the shape it has, thereby, any fracture anywhere would inevitably manifest itself as a clear deformity of that particular part.
- Extreme pain: It goes without saying that a bone fracture would entail excruciating and extreme pain. This pain sharply increases with mobility thereby necessitating complete rest.
- Temporary loss of function: The part of the body where the bone is broken temporarily becomes dysfunctional. For instance, if the bone in your hand is broken, you will find it extremely difficult to move and do any work with it.