Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhairyasheel SavantYour feedback matters!
My mother has undergone angioplasty opn one stent has been placed on 04.02.2017, she is also suffering from breast cancer with 3rd stage. Pl tell what is your opinion on chemotherapy for cancer treatment i. E. When it can be started.
If someone is having symptom. Of adrenal cancer. Does not it can be easily detected in ultrasound after six month?
Cancer that originates in the bones of a human body is referred to as bone cancer. Any bone could come under the threat of this disease, but generally the longer bones of your body, so to say the bones of your limbs, are at a greater risk.
A few factors that might push you an inch closer to bone cancer are:
- Genes could jinx your health: A few typical genetic syndromes could increase a person's chances of contracting bone cancer. These syndromes could have been active in any person belonging to your lineage. One such syndrome is Li-Fraumeni.
- Treatment for one kind of cancer can make you prone to some other kind: Radiation affects your bones adversely. A patient of breast cancer might be undergoing radiation therapy that further increases his or her risk of contracting bone cancer in future.
- Paget's disease can have unfavorable implications: Paget's disease is a disease that affects elderly people. This condition, if left untreated, can turn into bone cancer at a later stage.
Several symptoms of bone cancer can be found below:
- Sudden loss of weight: If you lose a considerable amount of weight in a few weeks time without having made any effort at all, you should probably be worried about the health of your bones. Bone cancer can result in sudden and unintentional weight loss.
- Unexpected bone fracture or breakage: Cancer of the bones is known to gnaw at the strength of your bones. Weakened and diseased bones can break or get fractured very easily. An unexpected fracture should not be overlooked so as to prevent chances of anything more harmful.
- Long spans of unyielding exhaustion: Constant fatigue and sleepiness might be hinting at a more serious underlying problem. The bones in your body hold you together; cancerous bone cells can make you feel exhausted without much exertion as your bones lose their inherent potency.
- Persistent pain in the bones: Excruciating cramps or pangs of stinging pain in a person's bones either continuously or at odd hours, could be indicative of bone cancer. Such instances require the advice and guidance of an experienced oncologist.
- Bone swelling: The area affected by bone cancer can grow big and tender or the bone itself can swell up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Feeling pain in upper middle of breast with a little tight swelling at that part. Pain when breathe and sometimes paining more while some times a little. Pl suggest which specialist to consult or suggest any medicine. She has taken Moxikind CV (6 tablet) and flexon and got some relief but not fully.
My gf suffering from breast pain from last 1 year. She is a medical student. Now she so depressed that she thinking this due to breast tumor. She feels like its due to tumor but till now she not tested .any help. She is suffering so much pain.
Dear sir/mam My little cousin sister his age around 8 years so she is pursuing from blood purifying problem like blood cancer so I want to do treatment of her I need your suggestion for her best successful life.
I have some fode in y back these are sign of cancer? Which test for the cancer is required to know about this.
Hi, I got a small tumour on my tongue from past 4 Years. Once I had undergone operation to get rid of this but again after few months its starts growing. I have gone through some sites and I have seen some pictures which are close to my type and they are symptoms of oral cancer. Please suggest doctors.
Most of the doctors said exposure to sun can be a cause n moles can get converted to skin cancer .i have lots of moles (till) on face and some on chest. Is it a reason to worry? What should I do .i have taken homeopathic medicine for a long time but there s no improvement. .thuja and calcarea prpeta type medicine thi .it has really made me tensed.
There my gf have some stone like structure in the breast and its so painful we consult with the Dr. But they can't b treat with in a month.Now what should I do?
How to detect oral cancer? I was suffering follicles on tonsil, I often use to press it out and which relieves me. Now from 6 months have passed no follicles seen. There is constant sore throat. I am habitual tobacco chewer. Early diagnosis may help me. Hence let me know how to get examined for oral/throat malignancy?
I am having albuminuria since last year and also have enlarged prostate for which ailment I am having Veltam. 4 mg tablets morning and evening. Is there any chance of me getting prostate cancer. I am 76 years old person and suffering from osteoarthritis also. My creatinine level is 1.5. Please advise Thanks.
Hi doctor my grandfather suffering from stomach cancer adenocarcinoma last stage. He has burning sensation in stomach. He is not taking chemo therapy. Would you suggest diet for this and he is taking more lemon. Is it good.
Homeopathic treatments heal a disorder by inducing diluted symptoms of the same disorder to treat it. There are treatments in homeopathy which are used in treating cancer. These treatments adopt multiple approaches to treating cancer such as inducing similar symptoms to treat the disorder or strengthening the elimination systems (kidney, liver and lymphatic system). Essential norms regarding dietary regulation be maintained.
Some remedies used for treating cancer by following the principles of classical Homeopathy are-
1. Lapis Albus - This treatment is usually used in treating cases of breast cancer and malignant growths in the uterus.
2. Conium - Conium is used in treating cancers related to the genital area such as testicles and uterus.
3. Hecla lava - Hecla lava is used in the treatment of bone cancer.
4. Arsenicum - Arsenicum is used to treat almost all cancer-related disorders. It helps in easing symptoms of psychological fear that cancer patients have. It also detoxifies the body and eases the stress from the kidneys and nervous system.
5. Phytolacca - Phytolacca is used when malignant tumors occur in fat based tissues. They are also used in treating fibroids tumors in the uterus and hard tumors in the breast.
6. Condurango - Cancers related to the stomach respond well to this treatment. It is also helpful in treating symptoms of cancer that form in the epithelial cells of the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
A mastectomy is surgical removal of a breast. The surgery depends on various factors and choosing a type of mastectomy best suited for an individual suffering from breast cancer requires experience and expertise. With advancing technology, there are more options available for women to opt for surgeries, which are minimally invasive and conserving in nature. Following are the various types of mastectomies and the factors, which influence them:
Types of Mastectomy
1. Total or simple mastectomy
This is a surgical procedure which involves complete removal of the breast including the nipple. The lymph nodes, which are small glands, are an important part of your immune system and are kept intact during the surgery. This form of surgery is most suitable if the cancer has not spread to the lymph nodes.
2. Preventive mastectomy
Preventive mastectomy, also known as prophylactic mastectomy, is an option for women who have a high risk of developing breast cancer. Preventive mastectomy reduces the risk of breast cancer by a huge margin. In certain cases, removal of the entire breast along with the nipple is advisable. Women who develop cancer on one breast often opt for preventive mastectomy and remove the other unaffected breast as well.
3. Partial mastectomy
Women who are in stage I or stage ii of breast cancer can choose this procedure. It is a breast conserving technique where the tumor is removed along with the tissue that surrounds it. It is followed up by radiation therapy on the remaining breast tissue, which terminates the cancer cells and stops them from spreading. There are two types of partial mastectomy, namely, lumpectomy and quadrantectomy.
4. Radical mastectomy
Although this procedure is almost out of use, it is still considered in case the cancer has spread to certain areas like the chest muscle. In this form of surgery, the breast is removed entirety along with muscles beneath it and the lymph nodes.
5. Modified mastectomy
It is a more commonly used procedure characterized by complete removal of the breast including underarm lymph nodes. The chest muscles are untouched in the procedure, therefore allowing a breast reconstruction to follow.
Factors influencing the type of mastectomy:
• Age of the individual
• Health in general
• Size of the tumor
• The spread of the tumor
• The rate of progression of the tumor
• Whether lymph nodes are affected or not