Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Devi ShaliYour feedback matters!
Is dysentery common in infants, sometimes it is greenish in colour why also is there anything that mothers should not eat, commonly people tend to say not to eat apple, banana as it causes formation of sputum. Kindly suggest.
My son is 3 month old. I have thermometer to check his body temp. What is the normal temperature for babies? When it is said to be fever's temp?
I have got a new born baby boy on 8th july. What care should I take for him. How and when to have feeding. His diet plus mother's care and diet.
My son aged 10 years having stammering problem from 4-5 years. When he get weak by fever or by any other reason the problem increased. Pls suggest how to get treated this problem.
Hello am 25 years old and I think I am suffering from dyslexia problem. Tell me what I do to overcome this.
Meri beti hai 5 year ki use night me potty ke raste me pain hota hai maine use gastroentrology doctor ko bhi dikhaya lekin unhone kaha koi bhi problem nahi hai lekin use daily pain hota hai please mujhe koi medicine bataye jisse uska dard kam ho jaye ya fir usko neend aa jaye thankyou.
My baby girl is 1 year old her stool has been in white color from the past two days. Is it sign of worry and what may be the reason for this?
My son is 2.5 years old andsome times, we are seeing sqintness in his left eye. We consult 3-4 eye doctors. They said there is no problem. However, every second person is saying there is squintness in his eye.
My son is suffering from dry cough very dangerously I shown to pediatrician doctor but stil I feel that they just give tonics.
Sir my son is 7 years old. He is very naughty and he does not read and write well but he has a talent in oral in anything. I have one doubt he born in 9 month baby and also low birth weight 1900 gm only. Is this the reason for that immaturity. How to correct him sir please help me.
Hi my daughter is 6 years two weeks before she had stomach infection .so I took antibiotics . Then she got fine . Now she has cold .she has fever every night for few hrs temp varies from 99.5 to 101 pls advice .I am giving her fevago . Is there anything to worry ? Whole day she is fine fever comes only at night.
Im a mother of 2.8 years old twin girls. Can I give them a very small quantity of Dabur Chyavanprash daily and then gradually increase to one spoon. They are just 11 kgs and born premature. Very poor eating habit and has constipation problem.
We have a kid of 2 years old and she is in the early stage of Autism and she is undergoing Autism therapy after the consultation with Dr. Now her sleep is very much erratic and she does not sleep in night, is there any medication?
My baby is 20 days old she is 2.5 kg now. When can I use diaper for her. She is wetting full body in night times and she becomes cold.
From terrorism to natural disasters, there are a number of traumatic events that constantly hurl themselves at us. Given the amount of stress it causes an adult, imagine how a child can process this information. Often traumatic events that occur in childhood can trigger phobias and anxiety disorders that last a lifetime if not dealt correctly.
Each child responds to trauma in a different way depending on the circumstances and their age and personality. What is common is that all children turn towards their parents and teachers for support in these situations. Hence, it is important to understand how to help your child deal with traumatic events.
Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Provide comfort: The first thing to do in a traumatic event is to reassure and comfort the child. Reinforce your child's sense of security by following a normal schedule and maintaining regular eating and sleeping habits. Encourage your child to talk and ask questions and discuss the situation with them in a way appropriate to your child's age and concerns.
- Accept their needs: Children show the need for reassurance in different ways. For some, it may be the need for extra physical contact in the form of hugs while for others it may be ensuring that their favourite teddy bear is with them constantly. Be patient with children and indulge their needs in such situations.
- Limit the amount of information available: Media often magnifies a traumatic event making it all the more difficult for a child to apprehend. Children can often be mislead or frustrated by media coverage of a traumatic event. Thus, it is a good idea to limit the use of television, radios and internet. As far as possible do not let your child watch the news alone.
- Stay in touch: If your child goes to school, his or her teacher is the parent figure at school. Stay connected with your child's teachers and the other adults in their life to monitor changes in behavioral patterns.
- Create distractions: If left alone with nothing to do, a child's mind will dwell on the trauma. Encourage them to find a hobby to cope with the negative emotions. Music and art are two good outlets for stress. You could also play board games, read or play outdoors to distract them.
- Get professional help: Sometimes you may need help to deal with a traumatic event in your child's life. If your child shows signs of behavioral changes, academic problems, emotional outbursts, anxiety, depression, insomnia or social withdrawal; you should consult a professional counselor.