Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Derig DillimaYour feedback matters!
I'm 27 years old since a week my neck paining. I can't turn it properly, starting 4 days it was at right side now it's pain at left side while tuning n wen looks down. Took some pain killer tab but no use. Wat it should b. M worried pls reply.
Dear doctor sahib am a house wife aged 56 years Due to weakness of bones, my elbow bones ( lower joint) were fractured 5 years ago due to overturn of rickshaw in high speed, Again left side ankle (foot) damaged in big drain 3 year ago due to night walking suddenly road light switch off since than I can not go fast as well not walk for 15 minutes. In night I have to take pain killer to avoid not bearable pain in ankle daily, surgery is not possible as per ankle specialist ortho doctor due to weekness of bones. What is best remedy
I have shoulder pain for a few days. It's getting worse day by day. Pls give me some advise about it.
Good afternoon doctors as i am a 24 years married female given birth to baby by cesarean delivery. During 1 month of pregnancy got a pain in my backside after having panadol injection felt relived and now again after c. Section bearing severe back pain and I did consultation with orthopedic and he took my x. Ray and other test after the test he told me i am having infection and iron calcium low level And he suggest me 3 months course of AeoVit-D3 Aeonerv and parasafe but not atall got relieve and now surviving severe back pain with legs pain. Please suggest me what to do. And I did lot of exercise after post delivery and took rest also.
My uncle is 50 years old. He is suffering from knee pain often. And he is having diabetes I think so. What to do?
Paralysis can be concluded as the state when the muscles lose functioning in any part of the body. Any kind of disruption in our nerve system can be responsible enough to cause paralysis. Our central nervous system and peripheral nervous system communicate and control our senses of movement. But interruption in nerve impulses can cause weakness in muscles which leads to muscle paralysis.
A paralysed patient will encounter symptoms like:
- Decreasing the motor power
- Decreasing vasomotor control
- Loss of sensation
- Decreasing bowel and bladder control
- Losing the ability of sexual function.
When it comes to treating a paralysis patient, physiotherapy is proven to be the best remedy. Physiotherapy has thoroughly helped patients with paralysis in getting to feel confident and independent. Physiotherapy includes various exercises and techniques which are developed with time in order to provide a complete rehabilitation to the patients.
Types of paralysis:
There are mainly four types of paralysis
- Monoplegia: when one limb gets paralysed
- Hemiplegia: when arm and leg of a single side get paralysed
- Paraplegia: when legs get paralysed
- Quadriplegia: when both sides get paralysed
Treating paralysis with physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy is advised to patients with any type of paralysis. It should be started soon in order to improve blood circulation in the muscles. It also helps in relaxing the stiff muscles. This treatment improves the overall health condition of the patient.
- Physiotherapy is also responsible for reducing any kind of swelling which takes place due to external brain injury.
- Physiotherapy is helpful in making the patient stable and independent.
- It also helps in maintaining the blood pressure.
- It helps to improve the respiratory system.
- Physiotherapy maintains the affected muscles and nerves. It provides strength to the affected muscles and works to prevent the limbs from getting deformed.
- One major symptom of paralysis is a loss of bladder and bowel function. Physiotherapy helps in managing the paralysed bowel and bladder.
- Physiotherapy involves different techniques which can be learnt from a physiotherapist in order to transfer a paralysed patient.
- Othorsis, canes, braces, splints are the equipment that are advised to the patient by a professional physiotherapist.
- Physiotherapy helps in resolving problems such as anxiety, anger, depression, denial which takes place after post-paralysis mental trauma.
- Physiotherapist provides safeguarding tips to the patient and his or her family in order to avoid accidents.
- Physiotherapy has a big role in creating the motivation in patient's mind.
These are the benefits of physiotherapy which help the paralyzed limbs getting stronger and better. But it is always advised to be done under a professional physiotherapist.